Hardest dificulties that are ACTUALLY BLOODY HARD!

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
OHHHH PERFECT DARK

That game got retarded hard esspecially the challenge modes.

you try facing even one on one with a perfect sim and thats only one.

Apr 15, 2009
Diablo 2's hell mode Act 3 on Hardcore those FUCKING FETISHES there are 1000000000 on screen at any given time they're tiny and super fast and later on they explode dear god just thinking about the Undead Stygian Dolls makes me want to take my keyboard and throw it out the window.
So many characters lost forever
So much good equipment gone into the abyss
:´(

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Dead Space 1 made me give up very early on when I was about 2 hours into it, had no ammo and had to get past a corridor of 4 necromorphs.

Mass Effect 1 on the hardest setting is pretty punishing. Your AI are useless once they soak up their one bullet they can take, and then you're left alone against a room full of what must be the perfect specimens of every race bred together.

goldendriger

Dec 21, 2010
Devil May Cry 4: Hell and Hell.

Everything had hard mode HP and you die in 1 hit, 3 hits you start over. Its a monster.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
L4D expert mode is just the right level of challenging I'd say.

Doom nightmare mode.

I can actually name a few games that are harder on low difficulty. I find x-com actually easier on normal than easy - you get the alien tech faster.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Gothic 2 with Night of The Raven expansion. You wont make it on your first playthrough, neither your second,maybe on your third when you finally learn how properly spend your skill points, gain every possible experience point and master the combat system.
It is not really a difficulty setting but without the expansion game is a lot easier.

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
xXxJessicaxXx said:
I played Crysis 2 on that hard unlockable setting and since I found it easy (I'm really not that great at FPS) it can't of been hard.... I mean what do the aliens do on easy? stand in the road picking their noses?
Pretty much, that's why you see all of those professional Crysis 2 reviews complaining about the AI and the odd review stating to opposite. Almost every reviewer played it on "normal," but a few bothered to try "hard" and were pleasantly surprised by the AI change.

AI still wasn't as good as the AI from Crysis 1 for some reason? They probably had to trim a bunch of it off to get the memory maps to fit the Xbox and PS3.

henrius

Jul 2, 2008
CoD 4, the epilogue mission where you have to save a hostage on board an airplane in I think 40 seconds. Play that on veteran, and you'll be there for an hour minimum. It's very rewarding when you beat it though.

BlackSaint09

Dec 9, 2010
Dante must die. Try killing demons that have stoneskin, ridiculous damage dealing capabilities and more health then the end boss two difficulties ago.

marcooos

Shit Be Serial Cray
Nov 18, 2009
SilverJin02 said:
Maybe I'm just bad at combos and using the weapons, or maybe this is too easy...but Ninja Gaiden II. Screeeeew that. Just no..no..NO.

*Sits in a corner* No more fiery armadillo things...no more. ._.
No ninja gaiden black (not sigma as its easier) on the hardest difficulty, as I dont actually know ayone thats done it. Anyone that has I'll name my first born after them

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Insane on left 4 dead 1 and 2 is a *****.

If you are not skilled enough Hardcore on Deadspace 2 is murderous

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
yuval152 said:

I'm just going to leave it there.
OMG this is so true i HAD the strat guide and let me tell you this video is an accurate portrayal of what happened

Mormz

Aug 15, 2011
Coldster said:
Call of Duty 2 on Veteran. Mainly just The Second Battle of El Alamein. If you've beaten it you deserve more than an achievement.
This is the only game I've 100%. Veteran difficulty took me about four months for the whole game. Bloody awesome game, though.

Calrin

Jun 9, 2011
TheVurdmeister said:
Zeroththeking said:
Catherine is pretty hard on it's harest difficulty. You can't redo your moves, so if you push the wrong block off of the space, Fuck you, start over.
It's hard enough as is on Normal so far for me, and I am always up for a challenge. Thing is, once you beat the game on an easier difficulty on a game such as Catherine, are the puzzles different? Technically, you'd know what to do, you just gotta do it a bit faster and without messing up.
On hard mode the puzzles are different but you just eventually figure them out

But those goddamn Babel stages are always random so you just have to get lucky and then theres
Axis Mundi which i believe might just be impossible

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
Ninja Gaiden 2 Master Ninja. Good luck!

Oh, uhh Dante Must Die? I heard someone say that was tough, but I never tried. So I guess I'm sticking with NG2's ultra hard mode.

marcooos

Shit Be Serial Cray
Nov 18, 2009
tgbennett30 said:
Another vote for Ninja Gaiden (XBox), Ninja Gaiden Black, Ninja Gaiden 2, etc.

Many games up the difficulty by making enemies have 10x or 100x the hitpoints, or making you correspondingly more fragile, or making the enemies do goofy things like snipe you in the left eye with a rusty pistol from 900 yards away, etc.

NG and its brothers simply outclassed you. Yeah, they did a bit more damage and you did a bit less, but holy bajeezus they were aggressive and SMART - very few games actually change the enemy AI based on the difficulty level, but these do. Lower your guard for a split second in a vulnerable area of a room on Normal - you'll probably get away with it. On Master Ninja - get ready to get juggled. Watch how they circle you, watch what attacks they use, watch how one will force you towards another - all that changes based on the level of difficulty. They aren't 5x faster or have 10x the hitpoints, but they still kill you with the speed of thought.

I don't see much skill in someone beating Ultimate Final Omega Boss #934583 in the latest Final Fantasy game (difficult because it has 10,000,000 hitpoints and regenerates, which IMHO makes it a test of endurance instead of skill), but I see a lot of skill in someone entering a room in NG 2 and taking on a half dozen Black Spider Clan ninjas and, in a FURIOUS burst of activity (almost too fast to follow) that lasts no more than 10 seconds, leaves all their opponents dead.
Black is the hardest one. Also its nice to see someone else who understands ninja gaiden. There is nothing more satifying then launching a ninja in the air and juggling him for half hour with the flail.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
SkyHawkMkIV said:
Fallout: New Vegas. HARDCORE.
...is pathetically easy compared to STALKER on Stalker (Normal).

Seriously though, Clear Sky or Call of Pripyat has got to be it. I've finished Shadow of Chernobyl on Master, but CoP had me dead the first time I ran into a Boar.