Hardest dificulties that are ACTUALLY BLOODY HARD!

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
Don said:
CoD4 on Veteran; still not completed it.

Edit: In fact, have only done 2 proper levels; I couldn't get past Charlie Don't Surf's TV station.
Good bloody luck when/if you get to One Shot One Kill and Heat. Those levels kicked my ass from here to a full 360 degrees around the circumference of the Earth.

Anyway, Mass Effect 2 on Insanity was no cake-walk, mostly because staying out of cover for three femtoseconds got your shields shot off if there were more than two enemies. Though playing as a Sentinel would make it more managable.

soulfire130

Jun 15, 2010
Volan said:
Kingdom Hearts 1 on it's hardest difficulty is a nightmare. I felt awful yelling at Disney characters, but seriously.

And don't get me started on veteran in COD. All it does is spam grenades that you can't hope to get away from. I once had ten thrown at me at once, I made a point of counting. That's just stupid - that's not challenging, that's impossible.
Kingdom hearts 1 on 'proud' difficulty is not hard, in my opinion anyway. When I played it, it was as easy as beginer difficulty. All I had to do was knock and attack enemies in the air or attack them when they jump.

joecool5000

Nov 1, 2010
Megaman 10 on hard mode. Call me unoriginal but it's still freakin' hard. Oh, and anyone who says it's easy has no life (and probably no fingers left either.)

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Left 4 Dead 2 gets pretty difficult on Expert, even moreso if it's on realism mode.

Good teamwork is essential, and you have to be very careful about not shooting your teammates by accident since the friendly fire damage is (I think) quadruple that of Advanced.

nonl33t m4st3r

Oct 31, 2009
Metal Gear Solid 2 European Extreme difficulty. It has the option of having a game over if you're discovered just so you don't have to watch yourself get raped by the guards instead. The guards can see you from 20 miles away, you sneeze all the time, you have no ammo to fight with, and the boss fights are pure torture.

secretshadow90

Feb 10, 2009
Since I Wanna Be The Guy has been mentioned I will suggest I Wanna Be the Fangame which is EVEN HARDER THAN I WANNA BE THE GUY. Seriously I watched OverTheGun play both of these and Fangame gave him so much trouble. I will also recommend Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the hardest difficulty. Yeah this might be because I'm sucky at this sort of game but I had trouble on normal with Galactus. I'm pretty sure the hardest mode just says "Have fun not winning this game."

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Halo: Reach, LASO (legendary all skulls on) do that single player and you are a god. The universe was made for the sole purpose of housing your massive balls

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Teh Jammah said:
Mass Effect 2's 'Insanity' setting. Everything has at least 2 layers of 'health' and each bar takes a beating. Your shields are like tissue paper if you're out of cover for longer than 1.5 seconds you're probably dead or running from Husks and your decent gun has f-all ammo and F### YOU GODD### F### SCIONS!!!
Dude, I feel your pain. But, you can curse on the boards if you want.

Joel Dawson

Jun 26, 2011
As previously stated by some Call of Duty 4 on Veteran. Playing it was one of the highest tests of patience I have ever endured.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Call of Duty: World at War on Veteran difficulty: ALL Japanese soldiers carry 200 grenades and can throw them all the way from Tokyo to your exact position, usually in bunches of five or six. To this day "Burn em out" haunts me still.....

Mar 28, 2011
Real conversation as follows;

*Phone rings*

"Oh, hey dude. Nah, i can talk just playin ME2 on Insanity. Yeah trying to get the platinum at the mo. What you up to tonigh..... OH FUCK! KROGAN!"

Was only tough when the Krogans showed up really. A lot of fun though.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Bionic Commando Rearmed on Super Hard. Also completing all of the challenge rooms. Yeah, enjoy smashing your controller.

Anyone that said Ninja Gaiden 2 is just off. There was a dive attack (I forget what it was called) that made that whole thing pretty easy as long as you knew when to use which powers and weapons.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
inFAMOUS usually is pretty difficult. You get shot at no matter what direction you are facing. Then again, I haven't played the game on any other difficulty before.

Also, any Civilization.