Hardest final boss you've ever fought?

Tkail

May 6, 2009
The SA-X from metroid fusion, i was 8 and it scared the shit out of me every time i had to run away from it then i had to fight it as well. It has some of the cheapest attacks ever.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
cernik said:
I have to say LoZ: Majora's mask, in all the times I've played through that game, I've only beaten it once without the fierce Diety mask
I wasn't aware it was POSSIBLE to defeat him w/o fierce deity. JK, but seriously that's a hard fight.

I will say the most frustrating final boss fight is Metroid Prime 2. He has something like 4 different forms and I ran out of ammo and health right after beating the first form. (Plus metroid prime 2 is an awful game anyway)

Siegreich

Jun 24, 2008
Nyx from persona 3, 14 phases each harder than the last and a mind control move that forces you to heal him all the way back up to full health on his hardest from.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
Recently I'll have to say Seth on SF4, his 'tactics' made him an absolute bastard to defeat.

When I was a kid I found Bowser on Super Mario World pretty tough, mainly as his crazy clown helecopter-bowl thing frightened the shit out of me so I used to play in fear and keep messing up...I was about 8-9.

Jofizzm

Aug 26, 2009
The only thing that comes to mind in the moment is Ultimate Rugal from Capcom VS. SNK 2. His laser kick thing makes me rage.

baconfist

Sep 8, 2009
The Wiegraf/Velius fight in Final Fantasy Tactics, if you fight him before you are ready you simply can't win. If you were only using one save slot you get to restart the game because you can't leave the area and level up. I had to redo about 8 hours of play the first time I got to this fight.

Kanuck

Apr 7, 2010
I don't know why but I had trouble finishing off Liquid in the original Metal Gear Solid when you were fighting him on top of the downed Rex. Mother fucker kept somehow pushing me off the edge.

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
God of War Aries. I was 21, oka...

...Okay I had to toss that in because I was ridiculously old when going back into the gaming-scene, but fuck that wasn't really the game to *restart* the lifestyle.

I got too close, Aries picked me up with his eight claws and pounded me into the dirt.
I was too far, I couldn't hit him but he could hit me and pounded me into the dirt.
I was midway between the two areas I was before, he used his sword to pound me into the dirt.

It took me seventeen tries to actually get him.

KH2 had Sephiroth, in which I'll replay the game and him and still get my ass kicked by him many times. I ended up having to be level 80 and use the mode called Berserk, in which upon using all of your mana for magic, it gives you inlimited combos, which was great in the air whenever Seph teleported towards you to do one of those killer slashes. ANd still, I *barely* beat him. kept on going berserk and slashing and slashing until I was in awe to find I won randomly.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
red in pokemon gen 2 and remakes. his pokemon are normally like 30 levels higher than yours when you battled him, i just beat him on heart gold, im ashamed of how many max revieves i used but ecstatic at the fact that i actually bought that bloody titan DOWN!!!

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
I have to go with the crowd and say Ares from God of War, though special mention to a not final but still boss fight for the Giant Scorpion in God of War III, that is one obnoxious mo-fo

Faraldd

Apr 14, 2010
I'd say Sephiroth on Kingdom Hearts II with Normal Mode (and Hard Mode), also Sephi on KH1.

He was hard enough on normal, had to grind exp for so many hours to beat him on normal only, would've probably been easier if I hadn't been so young back then. Haven't even had a chance to try him on Hard Mode yet (because even the bloody first town took me like 5 hours to complete, which is 3 times the normal amount -.-) but it's gonna be much harder for sure.

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
Sammi Costello said:
ucciolord1 said:
Fuckin' Bowser in Yoshi's Island for the GBA...
I was like, 8, ok?
I found Bowser for Yoshi's Island really hard (though the first time I played it, it was on the SNES). Playing through again on the GBA, I noticed he seems a great deal easier, but at the time, man, he was amazing. A serious challenge to 7-year-old me, without ever feeling unfair. It was the best feeling in the world after I beat him on the 6th or 7th try.
I was seven too, and I never beat him. I got to him, tried a few times, then lost the game.
I was a pretty stupid seven year old.

Sammi Costello

Mar 20, 2010
ucciolord1 said:
Sammi Costello said:
ucciolord1 said:
Fuckin' Bowser in Yoshi's Island for the GBA...
I was like, 8, ok?
I found Bowser for Yoshi's Island really hard (though the first time I played it, it was on the SNES). Playing through again on the GBA, I noticed he seems a great deal easier, but at the time, man, he was amazing. A serious challenge to 7-year-old me, without ever feeling unfair. It was the best feeling in the world after I beat him on the 6th or 7th try.
I was seven too, and I never beat him. I got to him, tried a few times, then lost the game.
I was a pretty stupid seven year old.
Looking back on it it's pretty easy, but to our little 7 year old brains, the logic was, "Oh my god, he's huge, he must be impossible to kill!"

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
I remember there was a ridiculously difficult ending battle for DoW Winter Assault. More or less, you were outgunned and outnumbered on every side by these terminator bot things. They slowly drove through the forces you had manage3d to muster, and they were backed up by these monolith things which I swear were able to take out whole infantry squads in one hit. They spawned more terminator things when you had killed those in front of them, and they inched forward along with the Terminator things (Necrons, to be exact). Several times I tried and failed, the necrons literally choking the life out of my forces.

And then I realized how to control the Mega-ultra-jesus-gatling-laser-cannon that your forces where situtated on top of, and I used it to kill every single monolith and necron in roughly two minutes. *sigh* Good times with poorly explained scripted events man. Good times.

sebcw1204

Jun 14, 2010
Ballos from Cave Story. Mostly because you have to get through the agony of the sacred grounds to even GET to him.