Hardest Game Hero

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
Alex D (female) from Deux Ex: Invisible War. She's such an ass-kicking, assertive ***** it's funny.

Irrok the Wide

Feb 12, 2008
Strafe Mcgee said:
Irrok the Wide said:
I must be the only one that played BERSERK on ps2 and Dreamcast. Guts could make god piss herself.
Is that Sword Of the Berserker that you mean? I played that on the dreamcast a while ago. Main character with a huge sword? Loads of random qta events?

That's the one. Sword of the Berserk(er) was dreamcast. Berserk was japan-only ps2 prequal. And there is a six DVD Mini-Series. Guts always looked for an excuse to get medieval. He's a hybrid of Conan and Ash.

righthanded

Dec 5, 2007
Cortez of TimeSplitter fame.

Robots, ghosts, zombies, mutants, Russians, scuba men, dinosaurs, monkeys, gingerbread men, cacti, ninjas-- Cortez has defeated them all as well as traveled through time. The man does not fear a paradox either.

The Potato Lord

Dec 20, 2007
Frank West He can kick heads off in Mid-air plus a whole lot of other body-destroying moves and if he does get hurt a gallon of orange juice fixes that.

kalaim

Feb 12, 2008
c'mon guys. let's be serious. MAx F!ing Payne. Got his wife and baby girl killed, Begin shootin his way through billions of thugz and gov agents, make his way out a theater on fire, get a shot of Valkyr > badtrip > Wake up in a puddle of his own vomit and skips the O.D part, run in snow from the streets to the top of building, swear and curse like he breath, get betrayal like free giveaway money, Ends the game full of bullet holes... And he still have that psycho smile on his face.

Spartanspork

Jan 26, 2008
Captain Price from Call of Duty 4 is so pimp. but i have to say that ryu hyabusa is just an absolute beast.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Abbadiel said:
I'm Between Doomguy from Doom (duh) and Caleb From Blood.
I loved that game HARDCORE. A pity the sequel sucked so much caulk. And had no witty one-liners.

mintfresh

Nov 28, 2007
Has to be either Bill and Lance (aka Jimbo and Sully) from Contra 3, who blast their way through wave upon wave of alien scum, while doing such things as jumping along moving missiles, and they do it all without any wimpy thirty lives codes. Their hardness is summed up in the opening: "It's time for revenge", "Let's attack aggressively".

The other one worth mentioning is the protaganist of Smash TV, who fights his way through wave after wave of men, and some seriously difficult bosses, does he do it for justice? for revenge? for the sake of doing good? No, he does it to win a truckload of money.

That's why these guys blow the competition out of the water, and could teabag most of the others mentioned here to death with their balls of steel.

Jan 22, 2008
Ixus Illwrath said:
Gordan Freeman, he could steal Bruce Campbell's one-liners, bur chooses to stand mute and beat ass with a crowbar.
Sing it, brother. And, he could arguably out-think every other bastard on this list. He has a seldom-used degree in theoretical physics from MIT!

FanboyInDisguise

Dec 8, 2007
For sheer badassness, I'd have to say Kratos, it's hard to fathom a man more badass than one who drags a hapless soldier kicking and screaming to his own demise just to open a door ^_^

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
L.B. Jeffries said:
Garrett from Thief.

"I've always equated feelings with getting caught; they both get in the way of my money."
I'm not sure Garrett counts here. He's definently my favorite game hero, but he's far from the testosterone fueled badass killing-machine type. He's more of the silent deadly sarcastic type that usually ends up killing the testosterone fueled badass killing-machine type by stabing them in the back while said type is trying to say a catchy one-liner, or save that, simply avoiding them alltogether while stealing their wallet.

For that type Duke Nukem is definently the king really. He was spouting one-liners and saving hot chicks from evil aliens while Gordon Freeman was still an intern and Kratos hadn't even decapitated his first peasant yet!

Akirasfriend

Jan 6, 2008
Wander, from Shadow of the Colossus. He took on 16 of those big ole bastards with nothing but a piddly sword, a bow that only makes them angrier. And, admittedly, a great horse, but Agro normally legs it at the first sign of those puffickly hyooge beasts.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
The protagonist from Fallout. Did he/she or did he/she not destroy an army base full of Super Mutants, ending their plans for complete genocide and kill off their Matser? I think he/she did.

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
The thing is, to win this sort of contest, you have to have done more than eliminate lots of enemies, or take down a hard enemy. All video game heroes have done that. For real machismo, you're almost definitely going to need a talking character, because real machismo is more about attitude, muscles, and how much you sweat than it is about most accomplishments.

Let's see now...

I like Kratos as an option, *love* Duke Nukem (assuming you completely forget about the first few games where he would go on at length about how he liked to watch daytime soaps), but I think overall machismo goes to Conan in the recent game of same name. Between the brutality of all your attacks, the counterattack kills, the constant nude women, the ongoing dialogue about the hatred of civilization, that first boss kill where you slam him into his own hammer... yeah. This is raw, sweaty, meaty MAN.

- J