Hardest Game Hero

NickSettle

Feb 10, 2008
hmmm Duke Nukem = Serious Sam. But Gordon Freeman > Mastercheif. So the scientist with a fetish for crowbars and rubber suits winz again.

Abbadiel

Oct 15, 2007
Nerdfury said:
Abbadiel said:
I'm Between Doomguy from Doom (duh) and Caleb From Blood.
I loved that game HARDCORE. A pity the sequel sucked so much caulk. And had no witty one-liners.
Yeah, Blood 2 didn't make up for the original Blood...

The Negotiator

Dec 26, 2007
No contest, No doub't, Hardest Hero has to be Jack Carver!
Combine lot's o' guns n' explosives and the hellish feral abilities, you got yourself a killer BADASS!!!

or if he had a video game RAMBO!!!!!!!!!!

Senor Pantz

Dec 8, 2007
I am going with Mr. Unkillable, Max Payne, theres a guy who no matter what gets thrown at him JUST WON'T DIE, and he doesn't have a suit of power armor to help him out.

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
Senor Pantz said:
I am going with Mr. Unkillable, Max Payne, theres a guy who no matter what gets thrown at him JUST WON'T DIE, and he doesn't have a suit of power armor to help him out.
Agreed. And to make it even better, he has that perpetual monologue going for him.

Mind you... Guts is pretty crazy. I mean, seriously. He takes on the five most powerful demonic/godly creatures possible - and he castrated a demon. That takes real balls.
But unfortunately, he is cheating - being manga and all. Damn.
I still say demonic castration should count for something...

Flying Drumset

Feb 7, 2008
I think there's been a lot of good answers so far... Keep 'em coming. I've got several candidates.

The Companion Cube

Chell (Come on. She went through all that stuff, and, in my case, got shot quite a few times while looking around)

GLADos (Just because of her attitude.)

Duke Nukem

Max Payne

Serious Sam

My vote for number one, though...

That's for the older Dante. The one from DMC 2 and 4, I haven't played 1, so I dunno.
He's got all the badass...ness... Can turn into a demon, and looks damn cool doing it.

That and you kill the giant glob thing in DMC 2. Can't touch that.

Meateater33

Feb 12, 2008
Flying Drumset said:
I think there's been a lot of good answers so far... Keep 'em coming. I've got several candidates.

The Companion Cube

Chell (Come on. She went through all that stuff, and, in my case, got shot quite a few times while looking around)

GLADos (Just because of her attitude.)

Duke Nukem

Max Payne

Serious Sam

My vote for number one, though...

That's for the older Dante. The one from DMC 2 and 4, I haven't played 1, so I dunno.
He's got all the badass...ness... Can turn into a demon, and looks damn cool doing it.

That and you kill the giant glob thing in DMC 2. Can't touch that.
Not GLADoS She's a villain :O

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
Nerdfury said:
So I'm curious to know who you all think is the hardest game hero. The guy that's just so hard, he oozes testosterone and pure awesome. The kind of man that Chuck Norris wish they could be.

Is anyone harder than this? Does anyway beat Kratos for the manly stakes?
Okay. Everyone got that? Manly. OOZING TESTOSTERONE.

And then we get...

Flying Drumset said:
Chell is a *girl*.

Come on people, read here.

And stop voting for Dante. Tough, sure. Good fighter, fine. Manly and oozing testosterone? No.

- J

sonicliam

Feb 3, 2008
Link

anyone could shoot people u need to be real hard to kill with swords, bombs and arrows AND A BOOMERANG

Flying Drumset

Feb 7, 2008
tiredinnuendo said:
Nerdfury said:
So I'm curious to know who you all think is the hardest game hero. The guy that's just so hard, he oozes testosterone and pure awesome. The kind of man that Chuck Norris wish they could be.

Is anyone harder than this? Does anyway beat Kratos for the manly stakes?
Okay. Everyone got that? Manly. OOZING TESTOSTERONE.

And then we get...

Flying Drumset said:
Chell is a *girl*.

Come on people, read here.

And stop voting for Dante. Tough, sure. Good fighter, fine. Manly and oozing testosterone? No.

- J
The top doesn't say they have to be most manly. Just hardest.

Which... Yeah.

I dunno. I still think Chell's pretty badass.

And GLADos fills my qualification of being a hero, since she killed scientists. Lots, and lots, of scientists.

ungothicdove

Nov 30, 2007
I'm gonna have to go with Gordon Freeman because he hasn't slept for about a month now. He doesn't even drink Red Bull!

Snazzie

Feb 13, 2008
Manly and oozing testosterone? Raiden from MGS2.

Seriously I was and still am convinced he is a woman, or at least into Musical Theater.

Kaldaris

Feb 13, 2008
To be truthful, I didn't read the majority of this thread simply because of mindless fanboy-ism, but I had to pitch in my two cents nonetheless.

I offer up Lu Bu as a potential, simply from the fact he is an unlockable character, and thus can be played as a sort of protagonist.

Seriously, how many of your choices have entire contingents of armies simply flee with the cry of,
"Oh no, it's Lu Bu!"
None, that's how many. This guy is so badass, he even spans 18 games.

* Dynasty Warriors (Sangokumusō) (1997) - PlayStation
* Dynasty Warriors 2 (Shin Sangokumusō) (2000) - PlayStation 2
* Dynasty Warriors 3 (Shin Sangokumusō 2) (2001) - PlayStation 2; (2002) - Xbox
* Dynasty Warriors 3: Xtreme Legends (Shin Sangokumusō 2 Mōshōden) (2002) - PlayStation 2
* Dynasty Warriors 4 (Shin Sangokumusō 3) (2003) - PlayStation 2, Xbox
* Dynasty Warriors 4: Xtreme Legends (Shin Sangokumusō 3 Mōshōden) (2003) - PlayStation 2
* Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires (Shin Sangokumusō 3 Empires) (2004) - Playstation 2
* Dynasty Warriors PSP (Shin Sangokumusō) (2004) - PlayStation Portable
* Dynasty Warriors 5 (Shin Sangokumusō 4) (2005) - PlayStation 2, Xbox
* Dynasty Warriors Advance (Shin Sangokumusō Advance) (2005) - Game Boy Advance
* Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper (Shin Sangokumusō 3 Hyper) (2005) - Windows 2000/XP
* Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends (Shin Sangokumusō 4 Moushouden) (2005) - PlayStation 2
* Dynasty Warriors 5 Special (Shin Sangokumusō 4 Special) (2005) - Xbox 360, Windows XP
* Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires (Shin Sangokumusō 4 Empires) (2006) - PlayStation 2, Xbox 360
* Dynasty Warriors Vol. 2 (Shin Sangokumusō 2nd Evolution) (2006) - PlayStation Portable
* Dynasty Warriors BB (Shin Sangokumusō BB) (2006) - Windows 2000/XP (Online)
* Dynasty Warriors DS: Fighter's Battle (Shin Sangokumusō DS) (2007) - Nintendo DS
* Dynasty Warriors 6 (Shin Sangokumusō 5) (2007) - PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

To unlock his ass, you have to embark on a most challenging of quests, to rack up a kill count worthy of making him blush ( note, this is next to impossible )

But it's not just the Dynasty Warriors series he's limited to either, this asshole jumps to other games.

* In Warriors Orochi, Lu Bu serves Orochi as one of his top officers. In this crossover series between Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, Lu Bu finally found a worthy challenger to fight him, Honda Tadakatsu.

* In Capcom's Destiny of an Emperor for the NES Lü Bu appears as a character with the highest attack stat. In the game, the player is capable of recruiting him into Liu Bei's party albeit only temporarily.

* Lü Bu is one of the fighters in the Neo Geo's World Heroes 2 Jet, although his name is instead "Ryofu," the Japanese pronunciation of his name.

Continue pumping out the same four people though, Lu Bu is a colon-stomping badass, and knows who wins. He does.