Harem Anime

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
The thing every man dreams of? Exactly why would I want to be blue balled in the middle of a love dodecahedron?

Not a fan. It's one of those anime things that really annoys me. Like Tsunderes. I get pissed by simple love triangles, I don't want that times three to five.

Maybe I'm weird, but when it comes to romance I like to see the actual couple themselves bonding. The build up to before their relationship is like swallowing an unpleasant pill, it's just something we have to go through to make it happen and I'd like it to be done and out of the way. And harem animes are pretty much 90% "Will they or won't they", which drives me up the wall.

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
slo said:
You mean those animes about some guy running away from boobs for 50+ episodes?
Well, they really suck for the most part. Sex is a no no, meaningful relationship won't happen because no one has any life apart from all the love bullshit and a wedding of course won't happen too. It's like watching an action movie knowing beforehand that no guns ever fire.
Some of the harem animes are good, but they are good despite being harem and not because of it.
Well put. If I plan to start watching a new anime/manga series a harem-tag is a big con. The lengths to which some manga/anime writes go with postponing any meaningful relationship development is downright insane (Nisekoi, +100 chapters and basically no progress). And by the way the protagonists act, the only logical ending for many harem animes should have been them coming out of the closet, seeing the lengths they go to avoid women.

Exceptions exist, but majority of harem anime is predictable blue-balling.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Also, the harem genre has some of the best comedy I've found - I've laughed and been more entertained by most harem anime than I can think of any other, just because of the stuff they pull in it. And then to top it off, it usually ends in T or A, which is nice.

Like the best (or worst) ransom call ever.