Has a game ever made you cry? (or close to)

the_hoffs_ego

Oct 11, 2010
The good ending of inFamous 2... so sad, but so satisfying.

The rest I'm just going to put in one big spoiler box, for space's sake (games really get to me sometimes). But really, there are spoilers in there.
In Mass Effect, when my Shep left Kaidan on Virmire. Kaidan's last communication with Shep gets me every time, especially because Kaidan was like my Shep's second in command.

In Mass Effect 2, when Miranda died at the VERY end of the SM. She was the only one to die. When my Shep looked at her coffin on the Normandy, I teared up a bit.

In Kotor, when I was attempting to make it though ONE dark side playthrough. I stopped playing it when I forced Zaalbar to kill Mission *tear*.

In MW2 (I know, I know) when Roach and Ghost were blindsided by Shepard.

CoD4, on that "mission" Aftermath, when Paul Jackson drags himself out of the helicopter after the nuke, then dies. Or when Griggs died at the end protecting Soap. Or when the Russian soldier desperately attempts CPR on Price. Lots of things in that game.

In inFamous, when Trish died. That seriously got to me. Even more so when Cole finally defeated Kessler, and Kessler showed his remorse. I had to set the game down for a while.

EDIT: How could I forget when Spider died in Megaman X: Command Mission? He died a hero's "death", but that was all erased by the ending.

razuk

Sep 11, 2008
Yeah, the normal Kirari ending of Kira*Kira made me cry a quite a bit.

mrscott137

Apr 8, 2010
Dragon Age: Origins, the werewolf quest, siding with the elves. Brought a freaking tear to my eye for the only time in Gaming then ending to that bit.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Warlord211 said:
The good ending for inFAMOUS 2. I was almost thinking about crying.
But then you did manly things instead? Like impressed chicks and lifted weights?

The ending to MGS3. Everything about it.

Starting with the fight with the boss. To the game having you pull the trigger. Then to Eva narrating the entire ending sequence.

Then MGS4 as well. DON'T JUDGE ME.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Quite a few games made me cry, Metal Gear Solid 3 made me cry, Metal Gear Solid 4 nearly made me cry, Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy X, and the ending to Silent Hill 2.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
The True ending of Persona 4 made me shed a Manly Tear and then after i'd regained my composure the after credits cutscene set me off again... Goddamn your awesome writing Atlus

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
First off: Welcome to the Escapist

Second off:

Third off: The search bar...use it before you make a thread

OT: Infamous 2's ending. The final lines in that game are delivered perfectly. I got a bit teary eyed...

Also the ending of Half Life 2 Episode 2 That was like a kick in the balls.

Timzilla

Mar 26, 2010
While I have never truly cried during any game, I started to tear up at the ending to MGS3. No game has ever made so sad and so pissed off at the same time.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
I cried all during the end of Half-Life Episode 2, and then I had flashbacks of the scene for a week after that, tearing up each time.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
At the end of Shadow of the Colossus I couldn't keep it dry. The end of MGS3 had the same effect. God, those are some great endings.

mr_major

Jun 14, 2011
The ending of MGS3 forcing the player to pull the trigger.

Also in Final Fantasy IV when the twins sacrifice themselves to save your party. Why can't square make characters that good anymore.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Assassin's Creed II, but ironically, the beginning,(when Ezio and his brother are on that tower) as I knew the events that were going to happen.

Xero_fear

Apr 5, 2011
kingdom hearts 2 - when roxas merges with sora but that was mostly anger because i think roxas is the best character in that game.
kingdom hearts 358 days - the ending when the girl dies i just cant help myself-DAMMIT IM ONLY 15!!!!

also some other games, but only those come to mind

cbert

Apr 1, 2011
Donkey Kong. So many tears shed over that game...

Also Myst. No weeping, but lots of strange, sad feelings.

Xerxesrogue

Mar 31, 2010
At the end of:

Bioshock (without harvesting Little Sisters)
Heavy Rain
The Darkness
Portal

Honorable mentions goes to Dragon Age: Origins and Mafia 2

Edit:

Linkassassin360 said:
Believe it or not... when Jenny died in The Darkness. The storytelling in that game was really underestimated.

Yes you are right, also when Jenny died.
A truly wonderful game I am surprised to so rarely see anyone bring into conversation