Has a movie ever uncovered a fear you didn't know you had?

Zeke63

Jul 10, 2012
abduction and torture by a twisted individual with the dragon tatoo film, hostel, season three of got

Zeke63

Jul 10, 2012
lordofpowies said:
Ever seen Watership Down? FUCK. THAT.
I will forever be unnerved by rabbits for the rest of my life because of that fucking movie.
They showed it at my daycare when I was really young, and I still haven't forgotten that one scene.
what scene are you referring to? i only read the book

Tassit

May 16, 2013
Yes.. But it wasn't a movie, Bioshock uncovered a (previously) unknown and mildly crippling fear of being underwater, or having water fill up a room. :)

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Braveheart I guess. In the beginning when the British have William Wallace's newly wed wife tied to the pole and the guy just goes up and slits her throat. I mean one of my favourite movies has always been Conan the Barbarian, which has guys getting decapitated left right & center. But the actual act of slitting a throat makes me squirm, and I'm very touchy in that area. If I know it's coming, like certain parts in season 3 of Game Of Thrones, I just have to look away.

darkstarangel

Jun 27, 2008
When I was about 5 or 6 this Tom Petty song first came out & was promoted on morning kids shows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JvF9vpqx8&feature=player_detailpage

I had a sickening aversion to coffee & cake for a while after seeing this disturbing clip. Ofcourse now I dont mind it much. I really like the song & that girl is gorgeous with the most beautiful eyes.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Hobo with a Shotgun. Things that aren't supposed to be fed into lawnmowers being fed into lawnmowers. Stomping someone with ice skates. Yech.

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III: Descent. Something sharp moving in your mouth and clattering against your teeth.

Those are the only ones, and I guess they're pretty natural fears, but I was surprised at how much I winced at them both.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The only one I can think off (I'm pretty sure I have a movie related fear) is victorian dolls thanks to this X-File episode and also this film (again I cannot remember).

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Well I never used to be afraid of zombies until I watched 28 days and 28 weeks later. I have no idea why but those movies just got to me. I couldn't sleep for a week without having nightmares. Now when I watch anything with zombies, even the friggin Thriller video, it gives me the creeps. I'm ok with zombie games but anything else *shudders*.

haruvister

Jun 4, 2008
Brutal Peanut said:
scenes of people buried alive. [screaming internally]
Never watch Buried or The Vanishing.

Personally, I don't understand why I'm scared when watching horror films involving ghosts. I don't believe in ghosts, and yet films like The Shining and Ringu unlock this primal fear. Freud reckoned this fear was atavistic - an echo from a former time when human beings tended to furnish uncanny phenomena with spiritual/animistic explanations. Perhaps he may've been onto something.