Has a videogame ever driven you to act violently towards inanimate objects? - CHAT WITH THE STAFF!

jufo

Feb 28, 2009
Yes in fact I have - Alot even :(
Not that much more, now that I have gotten older, but I did it very frequently when I was 10 and younger, and still a bit today.
Throwing the controller violently down on the bed when I was losing (not the floor, wouldn't want the controller to break), beating on my gameboy, when I lost (which I ended up braking it by), beating on the computer monitor when it wasn't working the way I wanted (mostly in games)
Still beat on the monitor, but that is mostly in frustration of the Annoying internet we have here, which is perfectly stable and fast; that is until you need to play online, where it suddenly gets moodswings and fucks it all off, with no warning or apparent way of fixing! :mad:

dragonburner

Feb 21, 2009
My friends love to destroy controllers when they lose. I was playing this guy in 09 The Show and he would hit me so I would miss pop flys

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
This isn't really violent destruction, but I have used my DS so much that the little plastic connector bit which allows you to open it up has broken. So the top screen now wiggles a little and I'm afraid to put pressure on it. My poor little DS *sob* loved to death...what a way to go.

Bonaggy

Sep 10, 2008
I can remember watching friends getting wound up by games and always the first to fly was the controller. Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox, it didn't matter. Like ripped clothing to the Hulk, getting angry with a game seems inseparable to flying controllers. Now I used to look down on it with a certain detachment. I game on the PC mainly and didn't get angry with games . . . that is until I encountered a certain ATI graphics card. The 9600 Pro in my machine decided on a whim to turn Jack the Ripper on my games . . . textures all wrong; an indifference to the resolutions I selected in my games, sticking to 800 x 600; on getting passed parts of a game that took me hours, the damn thing would cause BSOD. Being a computer tech support guy made it all the worse as I knew I should be able to fix it and felt it somewhat personal that I couldn't. In the end, I changed to Nvidia . . . and the card suffered death by nailgun.

Elexia

Dec 24, 2008
I'm usually not big on console gaming. I think the last game I attempted was Sonic 2 on Sega, and even then I was being led by the hand by my brother with him as Sonic and me as Tails. It seemed to be the only way I'd ever finish a game.

Then I got a DS for Christmas and decided to get a game that would challenge me like the games my brother played all the time on his playstation 2. So I got Chocobo Tales. It had its challenges with battles, tactics, exploration and a little yellow bird that did my bidding. I was enjoying it so much I was determined to finish it. I got to the final boss and the difficulty curve seemed to skyrocket. I didn't want to give up, so there I was sitting up in bed at 2 in the morning with this DS doing the same fight over and over until at last I killed the guy. It was like ultimate intense survival air hockey.

Anyways, somewhere between my tenth and twelfth attempt, my DS became slammed very hard into the bed. Nothing was broken (which was good as later I discovered some JRPG games that had no tactics and no skill involved so I could actually finish them too), but i think my DS listened to reason and after calming down, I sat through the cut scene for the umpteenth time and defeated the boss.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Well, it would appear I am not alone when I say that I have broken a controller or two. Thats about it, although I did make a stabbing motion with a knife a few times when I got really frustrated... It wasn't my fault people were standing in front of me...

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
Yes it has, I played alot of Halo 3 and was getting really pissed off in Guardian and threw my mic on the ground and broke it. =(

smithy1234

Dec 12, 2008
Not killing the last boss of No More Heroes made me throw my Wii Remote at my couch rather hard and then I bit the Nunchuck.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Two occasions I can recall in recent memory.

The first was back during the Planetside WAR! I admittedly hated Planetside as a shooter because of the complete lack of hitboxes and how pathetically easy it was to die while it seemed borderline impossible to kill anyone. That game was so infuriatingly frustrating that I threw my headset at the wall a couple of times. The actual speakers in the headset don't even work anymore. At this point I wear the bloody thing around my neck when I play online so I can still use the mic and hear out of my PC's speakers at the same time.

Then there's Mirror's Edge. There are still a few cracks in the drywall in my old place that can by attributed to missing jumps in that game...

Runic

Mar 28, 2009
PC gamer here.
If when playing a game I die because of my character not doing what I ordered him to, like jumping to a platform yet they decide its beneath them to follow what I say and they end up dead, that's about the time I squeeze my mouse hard enough to hear it crack all over.

Also if it was a keyboard command I would get angry and start repeatedly pressing the same key very hard so the game knows that I wanted to do what I told it to do.

Of course it doesn't understand... but hey it releases pressure... and damages the mouse and keyboard. I know I shouldn't do it, but I can't help it at times.

I used to hit my desk back when it was made of wood, but now its made of crystal, so the keyboard and mouse are getting a harder punishment so they don't rebel against their master. If they keep the rebellion they spend time in the closet hole. If by then they still keep trying to overthrow my command, they look at quality dismantling and placed in a box of their own entrails to be used as parts for the next generation of keyboard and/or mouse when they get damaged and need repairs.

Izakflashman

Dec 18, 2008
ironmace1 said:
well I hurt my freind once while playing something on a ps3.....but that could be because he punched me in the face I hope I never see him again because I through his ps3 at him and it landed on his broken ankle but earlier I saw him kissing my girlfreind the baustarud!
Wow, that went from bad to worse.

Games have gotten me pretty riled up. Although I have never smashed anything because of it. I generally just swear and quit out, and do something else for a while. Come back to it a few days later, then realize it was easy, if only I had been looking in the right spot.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I honestly can't think of a time where videogame anger caused permanent damage to something. I do get very angry at my games some times though. If I need to inflict my anger on something, it's usually an undamageable pillow, or usually my thigh, as that is the most convenient.