Has the content of a thread ever made you NOT post in it?

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
What I mean is, have you ever clicked on a thread, read the description and decided not to comment on it because it sounds like it's too complicated or you're just afraid you'd say something that would be considered insesitive?

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Yes. Every day. This is usually common forum practice. If a topic doesn't interest myself, then I don't post in it.

Simple as that.

Proarcher

Jan 24, 2010
Your misspelt title of THIS thread has taken away any inclining to post for me.. sorry XD

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Yes. If there's a thread I'm not interested in after reading the OP, I will naturally not post in it.

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
Constantly, especially in the Religion/Politics forum. I feel strongly about a lot of things, but maybe not strongly enough to stick around for a lengthy argument.

Also, if someone else has made the point I was going to make, I'll probably decide it's not necessary for me to make the same point.

MetalPhoenix

May 12, 2009
Very often...I will often start typing in my opinions and thoughts on a particular matter and at the last moment think "aah, what't the point?". Then delete the whole thing

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
MetalPhoenix said:
Very often...I will often start typing in my opinions and thoughts on a particular matter and at the last moment think "aah, what't the point?". Then delete the whole thing
Aha same here. n.n

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
All the time, or sometimes I'll even type out a post, realise that I genuinely can't be bothered to discuss my point, and just not bother to post it.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Quite a lot actually. Mainly on touchy subjects. This is due to the fact that I am quite immature and I would post something that would probably anger at least one person and almost certainly get me in deep Mod wrath. I just keep my mouth shut, and don't type.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Of course I have. I have many times in the past begun writing or finished writing a decent-ish reply only to give up and quit the thread.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Not so much the content of the thread, but the amount of it. If it's more than two pages long, I tend to assume my lil comment would be either redundant, or lost in the shuffle, like whispering to a crowd.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Lazarus Long said:
Not so much the content of the thread, but the amount of it. If it's more than two pages long, I tend to assume my lil comment would be either redundant, or lost in the shuffle, like whispering to a crowd.
This sort of. If there's more than like 3 pages of replies and there's nothing I feel will add to the discussion I move on.

I will however reply if there's no one or very few people who share my opinion.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Sometimes I click on a topic cause the title looks interesting and then I see it's something stupid that I'm not interested in. I don't post in such topics. And there's plenty of them. But I'm never afraid to post in a topic. And internet topic aren't really complicated. At least not for me.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Yes, if the argument is too complicated or if I feel there's nothing I can do to contribute or don't feel a need to contribute then I won't post.
Similarly if it's about a subject matter I am disinterested in or even outright dislike, I won't bother the people with an interest in it.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Bad spelling and punctuation (really bad, not just a few mistakes), Uninteresting topics, and if it has already devolved to a flame war I generally don't post.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
MetalPhoenix said:
I do this more or less half of the time.

I start typing a fairly lengthy post, get to the end, read it through then go "...F**k it, that sounds so bloody stupid." then delete the post and go somewhere else.
Probably back to Forum Games and RP or a group.

MetalPhoenix

May 12, 2009
Sassafrass said:
MetalPhoenix said:
I do this more or less half of the time.

I start typing a fairly lengthy post, get to the end, read it through then go "...F**k it, that sounds so bloody stupid." then delete the post and go somewhere else.
Probably back to Forum Games and RP or a group.
That. Or "I know I'm gonna get some serious 'feedback' on this and I'm in no mood to dicuss this right now."

And just giving an opinon without defending it is pretty useless (unless it's a useless thread allready :p )