Has the zombie craze finally died?

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Sassafrass said:
Zombies, they're outta here!

What's replacing them in games though?
OPEN WORLD 'SURVIVAL' GAMES AND PROBABLY MOAR BATTLE ROYALE GAMES.

Buckle up, it's gonna be a fun few years for gaming.
Going through my backlog it is then! I personally find both genres horribly tedious. I already spend every day of my life drinking and eating, I don't want to do it in-game too, and battle royale is a shallow mode dev's really shouldn't build whole games around.

But that's just my two cents haha, great stuff for those who enjoy it!

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
Hardy ever even seen proper zombies.

Its been a 'infected' craze if anything. Running psycho dirty people.

They weren't zombies.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
They just signed on David Fincher to direct World War Z 2.
... whut?

Ok then. I'm intrigued. Assuming they let Fincher loose, that might turn out interesting.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
Blitsie said:
Sassafrass said:
Zombies, they're outta here!

What's replacing them in games though?
OPEN WORLD 'SURVIVAL' GAMES AND PROBABLY MOAR BATTLE ROYALE GAMES.

Buckle up, it's gonna be a fun few years for gaming.
Going through my backlog it is then! I personally find both genres horribly tedious. I already spend every day of my life drinking and eating, I don't want to do it in-game too
But you're eating and drinking on a spoooooooky island! Or a dinosaur island! Or a forest island! Or a desert island! Or on no island at all!
You can build a base and do nothing with it! As big as you want! To show no one unless you're a popular YouTuber!

More seriously someone needs to make a topic about Youtuber Bait games, which is basically every survival game ever made. It's like a little ecosystem in itself. A dev makes a survival game, Youtubers advertise it and make it look more fun than it is, their viewer buy the game, another dev makes a slightly different game, the cycle continues.

On topic, I've been sick of zombies for a while now. I'm not sure when I got sick of them. Maybe around season 3 of The Walking Dead or when the World War Z movie had nothing in common with the book and crushed my dreams of seeing some of the cooler stories play out. Probably that.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Chimpzy said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
They just signed on David Fincher to direct World War Z 2.
... whut?

Ok then. I'm intrigued. Assuming they let Fincher loose, that might turn out interesting.
Here's hoping. There's a handful of directors who immediately have my support no matter how questionable a sequel they're heading. Like Denis Villeneuve directing the new Blade Runner movie.