Has this ever happened to you?

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
So, Gears of War 3 is out very soon and I have been playing Gears 2 and trying to mop up the last achievements. There was lots I was close to, such as the multiplayer progress and I had recently done the campaign on a higher difficulty. But all of a sudden I lost everything, for no reason. I kept all the achievements I had already got but lost all the progress, and campaign progress.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IJ1s9RVaOwY/TOEYmals5xI/AAAAAAAAAO4/eQd0ahZN5Rs/s400/fuuuuuuu.png

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Fallout New Vegas on Steam is very very cranky about it's achievements, I'm not one to really care much about them overall but it is rather irratating when I've bothered to do a full Hardcore run and don't get the achievement for it...TWICE

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Team Fortress 2, I tried to reset my stats because they are fucked up (I used turbo and achievements servers, sue me) but instead of resetting my stats, it reset my progress on my achievements. I was about 60 assist away from Kollectivization.

Fuuuu-

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Had it happen on some older games, i rememebr when on of my ps2 memory cards erased 3 years of save files, lucky a lot of them were backed up on one of my other cards, but i still lost several game files i had to redo from stratch -_-

Also had the odd trophy just refuse to pop up, despite doing what i needed for it, but ive noticed that some games r just picky when it comes down to that sorta thing

FPSMadPaul

Master Of The Smurfs
Sep 27, 2010
Back in the PS2 games I was playing Dark Cloud (what a game) and I wanted to see what you unlocked later in the game and my friend was much further than me. I went round to his house and copied his save onto my card buy it deleted mine. I never finished that game:'(

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I had Need for Speed: Most Wanted for the PS2 and I lost my data just before the Number 1 blacklist guy.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I was playing a game (time has faded the memory of what I was playing) but I spent about 2 hours trying to beat a boss and I couldn't do it and then I finally did it and as I was watching the cutscene after you beat him we had a power outage and my memory was lost.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
Yes, but my story has a happy ending, thankfully.

I once accidentally deleted my TimeSplitters 2 saved data on the PS2 (just my profile, not the custom maps). I left the game for a while and came back about two or three months later and then went on to not only get back everything I had unlocked before, but I was even able unlock a few more characters as well! :D

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Never has this happened. On a side note is it still 21x xp on Gears 2 multiplayer? I can't get to my xbox to check.

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
my rainbow 6 Vegas 2 save game just randomly corrupted itself when i literally had one more weapon unlock and a couple more bits of clothes i was not impressed... its also made an error of itself so that i can't delete the corrupted file of an annoying size. i only have a 40gb playstation, i need all the space i can get...

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
The standard power cut mid-save causing data corruption has happened to me before, but only once and I didn't lose much.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Yeah, one of my sisters 'accidentally' saved over my FF12 data - the one that I had 100% on (READ: Around 100 hrs with EVERYTHING THING maxed/done).

Luckily for me I'm paranoid and had all my PS2 game saves on another, back-up, card and even my PC.

:p

mik1

Dec 7, 2009
i beat half of spirit tracks and then my ds randomly froze.

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
My left 4 dead achievement progress has forgotten that I have beaten Death Toll and No Mercy on Expert, I now have an insulting 0/4 instead of 2/4