Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
NuclearKangaroo said:
...greeeeaat...

just when things were starting to cooldown, i really hope bronies dont start shoving their stuff down everyone's throat... more than usual
I'd welcome the MLP threads.
Make a nice cheerful change from the GG threads.

Plus they're hardly shoving it down anyone's throats any more, considering there's a new season airing right now and I only know that because I looked it up on Google.

OK, I derped and misread Google.
Still, MLP threads > GG threads, regardless of whoever is making them.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Uh, MovieBob.... you kinda forgot that the sequel to Equestria Girls just hit limited theaters a couple weeks back. The 2013 Equestria Girls is not the most recent movie. Just giving you a heads up, and I don't mean any offense by this if it comes across that way. :)

NuclearKangaroo said:
...greeeeaat...

just when things were starting to cooldown, i really hope bronies dont start shoving their stuff down everyone's throat... more than usual
Lolwut? Apologies if I'm being rude here, but how are things just now cooling down? Pony-wise, things have been pretty calm on the Escapist as well as the internet in general for quite some time, with the only extreme brony on these boards in recent memory having been banned quite a while back.

On top of that, I'd much rather see an overabundance of people going "Isn't this one thing TOTALLY AWESOME?!?!" as opposed to the all too common trend of "Isn't this one person, group, or thing absolutely evil and needs its ass nailed to the wall?" that keeps flooding both the Escapist and the internet at large. Not just talking GG there, btw, but all of these controversies coming out the ass that makes these forums - especially Off Topic - such a miserable place to be.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Sassafrass said:

Plus they're hardly shoving it down anyone's throats any more, considering there's a new season airing right now and I only know that because I looked it up on Google.
Actually the new season doesn't start until next month, but they did just have the second Equestria Girls spin-off movie in theaters a couple weeks ago. There's quite a bit of fan buzz going around, but given how long the breaks between seasons have been bronies have learned how to cope without spamming everyone else.

OT: I'm really excited about this! That movie time frame is a little worrying, though.

Also, executive producer Meghan McCarthy implied on twitter that it is going to be based on the current iteration of the franchise:

https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/524228179708231680

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
flying_whimsy said:
Sassafrass said:

Actually the new season doesn't start until next month, but they did just have the second Equestria Girls spin-off movie in theaters a couple weeks ago. There's quite a bit of fan buzz going around, but given how long the breaks between seasons have been bronies have learned how to cope without spamming everyone else.

OT: I'm really excited about this! That movie time frame is a little worrying, though.

Also, executive producer Meghan McCarthy implied on twitter that it is going to be based on the current iteration of the franchise:

https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/524228179708231680
Yeah, I misread the Wiki page somehow. XD

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
You know setting the movie a few years down the road isn't a bad idea. Like mentioned above, the only crowd that'd have walked away by then will be the meme machine crowds. If they was smart, they'd drop another nostalgia bait cartoon the year before to have that community bombard it, while the pony fans can enjoy the film. ESPECIALLY since by 2017 they'd have another line of little girls able to jump aboard.

Extending or rebooting a franchise based on the cataclysmic ending to a movie could keep MLP going for many more seasons.

As for myself, eh. I don't see this as a bad thing at all. As franchises go you can do a LOT worse then MLP, and seeing that people are trying to get JEM, Rainbow Brite and the ilk off the ground makes me feel a small bit of anticipation when I'll be seeing my Bucky O'Hares, Reboots, Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys, Pirates of Dark Waters, or Swat Kats..

It's only time...

uhohimdead

Apr 24, 2011
flying_whimsy said:
you're wrong on the new season premiere. no date has been set for S5, except for the ambiguous "2015". Equestria Academy could be in November, if it's an actual series.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
It's about time.
Yal said:
So how will they screw this one up?

Putting my money on live action/CGI hybrid like the Garfield movies.
From the director who brought you "The Smurfs" and "The Smurfs 2", and the creative team behind "Alvin and the Chipmunks" comes My Little Pony. Rob Schneider plays Barry Goldman, the owner of a failing pony ride business in New York City. You'll laugh and cry as you watch him try to reconnect with his children while trying to stay afloat in this bad economy. But all that changes when one day a mirror portal accident drops six magical ponies into his life. Twilight Sparkle, voiced by Britney spears, Rarity voiced by Miley Cyrus, Pinkie Pie voiced by Katy Perry,Rainbow Dash voiced by Taylor Swift, Flutter Shy voiced by Selina Gomez, and Apple Jack voiced by Carry Underwood will teach Barry the true meaning of friendship and save his business, and his relationship with his kids in this action packed musical.

Written by M. Night Shyamalan. An Michael Bay production.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
uhohimdead said:
flying_whimsy said:
you're wrong on the new season premiere. no date has been set for S5, except for the ambiguous "2015". Equestria Academy could be in November, if it's an actual series.
Last I saw, while "2015" is seen a lot, it's listed as starting in November under the "Selling points" section.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Ukomba said:
It's about time.
Yal said:

From the director who brought you "The Smurfs" and "The Smurfs 2", and the creative team behind "Alvin and the Chipmunks" comes My Little Pony. Rob Schneider plays Barry Goldman, the owner of a failing pony ride business in New York City. You'll laugh and cry as you watch him try to reconnect with his children while trying to stay afloat in this bad economy. But all that changes when one day a mirror portal accident drops six magical ponies into his life. Twilight Sparkle, voiced by Britney spears, Rarity voiced by Miley Cyrus, Pinkie Pie voiced by Katy Perry,Rainbow Dash voiced by Taylor Swift, Flutter Shy voiced by Selina Gomez, and Apple Jack voiced by Carry Underwood will teach Barry the true meaning of friendship and save his business, and his relationship with his kids in this action packed musical.

Written by M. Night Shyamalan. A Michael Bay production.
Here, have an internet. You earned it.
Day made.

O-T: I'm really excited by the announcement, and have really high hopes, given how awesome Equestria Girls and Rainbow Rocks were. Heck, I just bought the Rainbow Rocks soundtrack last night, and I've had it on repeat whenever I haven't been going through Dragon Age: Origins again, or playing Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f

Jsan the Candyman

Sep 5, 2014
Ukomba said:
From the director who brought you "The Smurfs" and "The Smurfs 2"...
Don't forget, JJ Arbams is directing, the team from "Food Fight" is doing special effects, Nicolas Cage is voicing Princess Celestia, it's cowritten by Stephenie Meyer, and finally we have FRED and the Annoying Orange both doing narration.

ObserverStatus

Aug 27, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
...greeeeaat...

Hell yeah we're going to shove it down your throat, open wide! Sorry, but whenever I hear people moaning about bronies "shoving things down their throats" they're posting in the comments of a youtube pony mashup, as if somehow you were forced to watch it.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I was excited about this until I read the article. Three years down the road? The writer for the last Ice Age movie? Unknown if it's attached to Twilight and her friends--oh, never mind. Megan just said that it is about them. Seeing that Megan is attached to it give me hope, but I'm not as excited as I should be I think. Sad face...
At least Rainbow Rocks comes out next week and I can finally watch it.

BoredRolePlayer

Nov 9, 2010
Jsan the Candyman said:
Ukomba said:
Don't forget, JJ Arbams is directing, the team from "Food Fight" is doing special effects, Nicolas Cage is voicing Princess Celestia, it's cowritten by Stephenie Meyer, and finally we have FRED and the Annoying Orange both doing narration.
Christopher Walken voicing Twilight Sparkle, come on we gotta have something good from this right?

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Jsan the Candyman said:
Ukomba said:
That sounds like the perfect team for the live action Equestria Girls movie... excuse me while I go throw-up a little.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
Ohhhh noooo, it's going to be just like that one Anon in the PTS prophecized!
The Horror!

Lord Garnaat

Apr 10, 2012
The only question that remains is this: is it FiM, or another Equestria Girls? I think that most will agree that EQ did the best it could with what it had, and was far better than it should have been, but the former is what I'm most excited for.

Ah, to be a Brony!

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
Shadow-Phoenix said:
I wish hasbro would actually make a full on proper Transformers animated or CGI movie that isn't being done by Bay.
Transformers Prime: Predacons rising was a full-fledged movie. I don't think it had a big theatrical release, but it's a transformers movie nonetheless.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
NuclearKangaroo said:
...greeeeaat...

Really? I don't even care about my little pony but your comment seems to show how little self-awareness you have. Seriously how much crap about gamergate gets spewed on this website? This comment applies to whether you are for or against gamergate. I will deal with people posting pony picks and memes over the talks about Anita or Zoe any day.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Ukomba said:
It's about time.
Yal said:

Written by M. Night Shyamalan. An Michael Bay production.
Don't forget the Linkin Park soundtrack and Megan Fox as Barry's girlfriend.

Jsan the Candyman said:
Ukomba said:
...Okay, that would be worth the price of admission.