Hatfall

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
So, um, this is, indeed, a thing. A very addictive thing, at that.

How the heck am I supposed to predict which shadow is which though? And that wizard... Grrr...

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
The_Darkness said:

How the heck am I supposed to predict which shadow is which though?
Indeed it is. There is no prediction involved. The size of the non-hat shadow shrinks faster than the hat's shadow. It is a matter of reaction, not prediction.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
EndlessSporadic said:
The_Darkness said:

How the heck am I supposed to predict which shadow is which though?
Indeed it is. There is no prediction involved. The size of the non-hat shadow shrinks faster than the hat's shadow. It is a matter of reaction, not prediction.
Hmm, okay, I'll keep an eye open for that.

But those gifts... oh, the horrors I've seen.....

kimiyoribaka

Jul 11, 2012
Wow, it's really impressive that such a simple game could have such horribly counter-intuitive controls. The sounds are pretty headache inducing as well.

I guess I'll just wait for Yahtzee's actually good game to come out.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
I am having an inordinate amount of fun putting on hats.

Finally, a rival to Team Fortress 2.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
So...Its only okay. Kinda' addicting in a simple way, but also a little too...frustrating? Little too precise? Like you have to be dead center under the hat when it falls. If you're even a pixel off, even if you're still under the shadow, it won't work.

Also I'd love to know how I'm supposed to tell the difference between the hat shadows and the killing object shadows. I mean I know that the death object shadows get smaller, but at that point its too late to move to the hat shadow. It really is just a guess in the first 2 secs and hope you're right. Which I was. Once.

Overall needs work, but a good start.

MeisterKleister

Mar 9, 2012
I like it so far. It's fun and has Yahtzee's humor.
I've only been playing for about an hour or so and my record is 15 rounds (I just noticed that you get 2 hats per round if you buy the extra characters). Later on there are just too many to figure out or even see which one I am within 3 seconds. Also I haven't managed to finish the blood stage even once so far.

First thing I do before the round even begins is exclude characters that don't look like Yahtzee; then, since everyone's facing right, I tap left once or more to see which one follows my instructions. Imposters usually step either in the wrong direction or too far. I've already aquired several in-game gifts and am glad to see that there's more than just catching hats. I'm hoping to get further when I equip more characters.

Some nitpicks I can think off the top of my head are that the "Restore Purchases" button does not ask for a confirmation if you accidentally press it and that the 3 locked characters are kept secret until you buy them. Also I'd appreciate it if you showed the number of rounds (independent of hat number) one has survived.

Silentpony said:
Also I'd love to know how I'm supposed to tell the difference between the hat shadows and the killing object shadows. I mean I know that the death object shadows get smaller, but at that point its too late to move to the hat shadow. It really is just a guess in the first 2 secs and hope you're right. Which I was. Once.
Haha, it was like that for me too at first. But after 30 minutes or so I somehow became able to tell them apart within 1 second from the initial size and how quickly its shadow changes size and now I almost never die due to a falling object.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
we need to document stuff for a guide somewhere.. anyone figure out the gifts and boons (i think one of them unlockes the dating sim)

so far with the wizard boons

herophant (yatzee with a crown): + 10 hats

wheel of fortune imp with 2 hats: +50 hats

Edit: i learned you can get a bunch of hats by dating sim go to the prison tell facts then confess to being hitler in disguise ROFL

Edit the second: OMG GET THE BACKPACK DOING SO WILL CAUSE HILATOUS THINGS XD I give this game 9005 stars out of 5 for it

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
This is absolutely incredible, you've truly outdone yourself, and I already had such an immense love for you Yahtzee. Amazing

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
It's pretty fun, but there seems to be an issue where the screen becomes cluttered with samey looking characters and it becomes difficult to tell who you are controlling.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Well this is a game!
Got so far to level 14 at best, gets a bit hard when there are 3 "normal eyed" figurines + 2 "retard eyed" figures on the screen, but quick left right left movement to see who I am and getting under the shadow is working fine for me :D
Will play again!!

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
So apart from the hat dating simulator, the woodland creature financial company simulator and the insurance fraud simulator, are there any other hidden mini-games?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
hah. The dating sim thing was awesome.

Just get the 'assassins creed' item. (or whatever it's called. I forget. Probably a unity joke)

You can get a lot of hats if you do it right...
But some of the options are just generally hilarious. XD