Hatfall

Ponder

Jul 9, 2015
Whew, finally. After jumping through the required hoops to be able to make a post, I just want to point out my disappointment with the big "Join the PC Master Race" Hatfall ad. Come on people, you're better than this. Let it die. Or at least stop waving the phrase in every site visitor's face in giant letters. I understand wanting to use hip terminology that a significant number of people on the internet are using as a draw, but come on. Not all language that's widely-used online is good for eye-catching ads, and unless I've missed it, you've yet to put up one that glorifies racist, sexist, or "I banged your mom" jokes, so I know you have a decency cutoff somewhere. Granted, "PC Master Race" isn't offensive to the same degree, at least in my opinion, but, also in my opinion, it's dumb and overdone. That said, Hatfall is a pretty fun little time-waster.

Lord Garnaat

Apr 10, 2012
Having a lot of fun with this one: the dating sim and "hunting game" were particularly great.

Out of curiosity, though, is there any way to banish the black screen one gets if they play the "Fool" card? I'd rather not lose my progress by refreshing the page, so if there's another way I'd like to hear it.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
How do I discard gifts? I've tried [ view gifts --> (click on gift) --> (click on "discard gift?") ] and it doesn't work. I want to get rid of the swear jar. It was funny for a few games, but I miss the regular blurbs...

Apr 25, 2009
I'm really enjoying this. It's lightning fast, super creative and constantly throws funny, interesting scenarios in your face. My favourite I've seen so far was when I had to fill in the insurance form while chugging whiskey, absolutely hilarious. It's like a cascade of constant minigames with bits of spice here and there to shake things up in the best of ways. There always seems to be something to build towards in terms of unlocks, or something new to try in the rewards.

It's really quite elegant overall. It captures the lightning fast, 'random' situation spirit of a Zero Punctuation video.

Ponder said:
Whew, finally. After jumping through the required hoops to be able to make a post, I just want to point out my disappointment with the big "Join the PC Master Race" Hatfall ad. Come on people, you're better than this. Let it die. Or at least stop waving the phrase in every site visitor's face in giant letters. I understand wanting to use hip terminology that a significant number of people on the internet are using as a draw, but come on. Not all language that's widely-used online is good for eye-catching ads, and unless I've missed it, you've yet to put up one that glorifies racist, sexist, or "I banged your mom" jokes, so I know you have a decency cutoff somewhere. Granted, "PC Master Race" isn't offensive to the same degree, at least in my opinion, but, also in my opinion, it's dumb and overdone. That said, Hatfall is a pretty fun little time-waster.
You know Yahtzee coined that phrase, right? It's meant to be ironic.

Ponder

Jul 9, 2015
Digi7 said:
You know Yahtzee coined that phrase, right? It's meant to be ironic.
I'm aware, yes. That doesn't change the fact what began as a one-off joke blew up into this big "thing" when it was picked up as a rallying cry by hoards of people who felt they so desperately needed that vindication. When the irony it held at its creation is lost on the largest, most vocal group perpetuating its use, can it still be considered ironic?

Obsidian

Apr 29, 2015
remnant_phoenix said:
How do I discard gifts? I've tried [ view gifts --> (click on gift) --> (click on "discard gift?") ] and it doesn't work. I want to get rid of the swear jar. It was funny for a few games, but I miss the regular blurbs...
Click the gremlin that pops up in the bottom left hand corner and he'll eat the gift for you.