Have Dice, Will Travel: Ko?ice

dudehead

Jul 21, 2008
Wow this sounds really interesting. I'll be sure to read it when I get back from guitar. It makes me wanna do something like this.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Wish I had heard of this earlier. I would have invited you to WARPCON, Europe's largest student-run convention.

Keith Baker

Aug 17, 2010
delroland said:
I am curious, though: did you set your adventure in Eberron?
Yes, though I've run it for many people who don't know the setting. For what it's worth, it's not in Sharn and doesn't involve the Emerald Claw, airships, or crashing airships.

The Bucket said:
Can't wait for the column next week (or whenever they're put out).
Every two weeks is the plan.

Nimbus said:
Wish I had heard of this earlier. I would have invited you to WARPCON, Europe's largest student-run convention.
It's an ongoing thing, Nimbus, so keep me in mind if WARPCON happens again.

KBKarma

May 14, 2008
Nimbus said:
Maybe so, but Leprecon is older. Also... isn't Warpcon in February? My impression (from the start of the article) was that he was still travelling.

Speaking of Warpcon, I'll not be there this year. Will you be coming to Leprecon?

... Sorry, Keith, I'll stop hijacking your thread now.

Amalith

Mar 29, 2009
Two comments:

1) OMG Keith Baker is posting on the escapist. This is awesome!

2) Wow, what you're doing is really cool. I'll definitely be reading this column.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
wow makes me wish I had a community that was closer then an hours drive. I really would like to offer this guy a stay.

Amazing article by the way, I am amazed by his commitment as a Dungeon Master.

dudehead

Jul 21, 2008
I really wanna get into games like this but:

1. I have no experience with it. Hell, I even have trouble with cRPG's
2. I don't know anyone or anywhere that does this. There used to be a place but they changed management and now all they sell is sports stuff.

Figrut

Oct 29, 2008
Holy crap. It is cool to know that somebody else does this. I fed myself for like 3 years almost entirely from "DM"ing. 5th ward always had the best table snackies. I became pro at sleeping under table.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Please say there will be another one of these?

This is an awesome article and a wonderful idea, it's really interesting to hear about how others play their games given cultural and national differences.
Also a round of applause for the heroine of the story Melina, what an attitude she has to her sons playing games.

If everyone shared their way of thinking games would be even better.

MNRA

Jun 8, 2009
Amalith said:
Two comments:

1) OMG Keith Baker is posting on the escapist. This is awesome!

2) Wow, what you're doing is really cool. I'll definitely be reading this column.
Seconded. Keep the articles coming! :)

LunarTick

Mar 1, 2010
Interesting read. I can actually see this as a documentary-show: travelling around the world, seeing lots of different cultures, playing games. I would watch that.

irtaco

Dec 2, 2009
This has got to be the nicest article I've read in a while. You're doing what I've always fantasized about. You sir just made my day a hell of a lot less crappy. Thanks!

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Great article! Informative, interesting, and really sweet! And it's always nice to see there's cool parents out there.:)