Have we found the next Still Alive?

Grindstone

Aug 27, 2008
Zulu-Echo14 post=9.70031.680224 said:
That... was pathetic, worse then the Farcry movie trailer.
And yet it was better than roughtly 80% of most game trailers.

Says a lot about the market's advertising, huh?

Oh, and Oh No You Didn't > Still Alive

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
HomeAliveIn45 post=9.70031.678137 said:
I find that commercial to be a little too... I don't know how to describe it, pretentious?
How could it be pretentious? The lyrics literally spell out the rediculously insane plotline of the game.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Hmm...I question the validity of the circumstances of this song. For example, Samus never gets paid, and SHE never went on a murderous rampage. But then again, there is Nintendo in the way of that...

Good song, though. Very Catchy melody.

milskidasith

Jul 4, 2008
Lews: Maybe Samus never gets paid because she always winds up blowing up the ship/planet/galaxy/universe she is in?

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
milskidasith post=9.70031.682392 said:
Lews: Maybe Samus never gets paid because she always winds up blowing up the ship/planet/galaxy/universe she is in?
Her employers run on a 'You break it, you bought it' policy. As you can tell, her wages take a bit of a hit.

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
As much as I love Still Alive, and anything associated with Portal, this is probably my new favorite video game song.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Holy crap, I had no idea we could embed youtube videos.

I shall now post God Hand's end credits for the sake of argument and comparison.

ande_ellis

Feb 14, 2008
There is always a chance.

In all likely hood the people behind Mercenaries 2 understand that going in a different direction, though risky, is the best way to attract attention, and 'Oh No You Didn't' does just that with a tune that grabs your attention and lyrics that make you think, "WTF!"

You have to respect people who are willing to chance walking that fine-line between disaster and success and then jump up and down on it just to see what would happen. ^_^

poleboy

May 19, 2008
Meh. Didn't work for me, it seems to be targeted at people I can't identify very well with. I think the game looks great, but this song actually had the opposite of the intended effect on me.
ElArabDeMagnifico post=9.70031.682634 said:
Holy crap, I had no idea we could embed youtube videos.

I shall now post God Hand's end credits for the sake of argument and comparison.
"God power keep my pimp hand strong?" ... I am so buying that game.

haxolotl

Jul 24, 2008
Weird, not only does it not appeal to me but I can't understand what all the fuss is about. Still, watching the trailer filled me with bemusement rather than rage, so that's a start.

scarbunny

Beware of geeks bearing gifs.
Aug 11, 2008
I saw this on the ad last night and instanly loved it.

Not a fan of Still alive seems pretty dull

The advert is pretty cool too, the way the buildings are made of money

Edit 3, my fav end song from a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URcvdDtnM_0

azncutthroat

May 13, 2009
Isn't this song kinda... old?

And while it's certainly catchy and entertaining, Still Alive is still my fav.

Hmm... wonder no one brought up Treyarch's Lullaby for a Dead Man: