Have We No Shame?

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
dontworryaboutit said:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/31/george-tiller-killed-abor_n_209504.html

I do not understand how anyone can justify this. To me, this is just unacceptable and I am ashamed that I am a member of the same species as people who could do such a thing. I'm sure you can infer that I am not pro-life, and have often joked of raising the abortion age cutoff to 18 years of age, but this kind of conduct is so appalling to me, regardless of your stance on abortion. The fact that Operation Rescue say that they deplore this event, and yet list abortion providers by name on their website and paint them as murderers, is astonishing to me. How can you claim no responsibility when you're practically handing a hit list to any radical nutjob with a gun and a chip on their shoulder? And I swear to god I've seen this whole 'list' issue brought up in a very old Law and Order episode where the exact same thing happened. I just...don't understand.

I wanted to hear your thoughts, and please correct me if anything written above is inaccurate/blatantly wrong.

People are just delusional man, always have been and always will be. And making a list of abortion clinics and the doctors who work there is not against the law. Although I think it is bad form, because it makes targeting individuals easier, Operation Rescue is doing nothing you couldn't do yourself with a phone book or the internet. I think they are just trying to exploit these doctors than making an actual hit list.

Xbowhyena

Jan 26, 2009
There seem to be so many of these pro life extremists that seem to end up killing people. And to people saying this isn't a religious issue, you tell us to prove that it this is an issue, I ask you to prove how it isn't. The dude was obviously pro life, and they were in a church. This leads me to think that the man had some piece of religion going through his mind to make him do this. Anyway, my stance on abortion, it should be a choice based on circumstances. It's not the ticket to risk free sex, but it would help prevent against teenage pregnancies, which are almost more of a problem than religious extremists.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Internet Kraken said:
I'm hoping that we are mature enough not to blame this on religion.
To be fair, a good portion of the murders in the world are committed over a disagreement in literary choices.

There are children getting murdered right now because their parents (not even them) have a disagreement in texts.

Likewise every year at my campus a group of extremists gather to proclaim that abortionists are demonic genocidal maniacs.

Generally when someone is killed by an extremists, that extremists is doing it because of faith.

I think it would be a little immature to act like that is not commonly the case.

Thanatos34

Mar 31, 2009
Pendragon9 said:
TheMatt said:
Pendragon9 said:
Those are the crazy catholics. And I agree with you. They go out of line way too much.
Dude, come on. That is such a cheesy argument. It;'s not religion, it's man. Well then how come so many ppl are fucked up BECAUSE of religion? crazy baptists like the ones that were on that god forsaken site posted earlier in this thread.

Muslim extremists? The Stupid fucking IRA? it's ALL religion. oh wait, cough, man's interpretation of religion. There's a cause, then there's a root cause, my friend. Religion, is the root cause.
What is your problem? Are you so uptight that you have to undermine everyone's beliefs to feel better?

I agree with Internet Kraken. You really are sounding like the fanatics of the Middle East.

Edit: I also agree with Vivaldi. Tiller didn't deserve to be killed, but late term abortion is still murder.
I completely agree with this.

The man was a murderer, but he was supported by the law. The way to fix this is to fix the law, not shoot him.

Knonsense

Oct 22, 2008
TheMatt said:
Internet Kraken said:
TheMatt said:
Internet Kraken said:
I'm hoping that we are mature enough not to blame this on religion.
Actually no, I cannot. In fact I am surprised to even see this post. Of COURSE this was some religious nut from the south. It always is with you Americans.

Wasn't the last guy who did this sort of thing (he sniped them if i remember correctly, 5-10 yrs ago now) some crazy baptist?
First of all, it doesn't even say that the person who killed him was a religious nut. It gives little detail about the person that killed him. Don't jump to conclusions.

Secondly, you can't blame religion for the actions of one psychopath. It's not religions fault that this man decided to kill George Tiller. If a man who believe in natural selection shot a priest, do we blame Charles Darwin?
All the crazy shit IN THE WORLD is caused by religion. Prove me wrong if you can, honestly.

My premise - ALL the "bad" stuff that happens in the world is because of religion. All of it.

Ok, I just thought of one that isn't, North Korea, that's purely political. ok, so ALL of it except that one.
I'm fairly certain that religion isn't to blame for trolls like you.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Skeleon said:
This makes me sick.
It's like those hardcore religious fuckheads are stuck in the Middle Ages.
Even if you believe him to be a murderer, you can't just kill the man.
Yeah, Christianity has passed all its issues, you can really tell from all the progress it has made.
Don't even dare criticize Islam while your own religion still produces bastards like that.
Regarding your last sentence, that's like me going to the surgeon and he leaves a surgical glove inside me. I inform him of this and he gets mad at me because I'm a janitor and the hospital janitor does a bad job of cleaning.

Keep blame where it belongs, not all Muslims are terrorists, most are probably nice people, but the same goes with all other religions.

Duh

Feb 19, 2009
Tiller the fetus killer?
fetus destroyer?
i think there is an awlfull lack of ofensive nicknames here

o wait got it
who you gonna call?
fetus busters (ft. George Tiller)

so many terible jokes so little shame

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
newguy77 said:
Keep blame where it belongs, not all Muslims are terrorists, most are probably nice people, but the same goes with all other religions.
Exactly my point.
Overgeneralization goes both ways but many people don't see that.
Many major religions produce fundamentalists and it's wrong for one group to point fingers when they themselves still have the same issues.

As for your analogy... Huh?
What has the surgeon-bit to do with it?
Unless you add that you also get mad at all surgeons in the world because of this one.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I liked how someone said they were shocked and outraged that the guy had died because he attended church... so other than that by all means kill the guy is that what you were saying? Maybe I just interperated it wrong :p
Anyway I see stuff like this and all I can say is, how the hell to pro life activists justify this? This is murder and terrorism, killing a man who had a lot of friends, family and other people who would miss him is inexcusable especially if you are doing this in thec name of life.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Those "pro lifers" morons DID WHAT?!? PRO LIFE? OH YEAH LET'S SHOT YOU THEN SAY "I KILLED YOU SO I CAN TAKE FREEDOM OF CHOICE AWAY FROM WOMEN!" Really nice, "pro-lifers, more like "pro-no choice"

WOMEN SHOULD HAVE THE CHOICE if they want to carry a parasite in their belly for the next 9 months, not some morons who would kill people who just do their damn job.

TheMatt

Jan 26, 2009
Grand_Poohbah said:
Eye for an eye.
Are you freaking serious? Wtf is wrong with you?

In other news -

k so, I am sick of dealing with all you little guys who do not come up with any points, don;t refute any of mine and just start calling me a troll. Trolls cause problems for no reason, I am trying to have a debate (admittedly heated) with various stalwarts here. So, you win, your complete lack of any facts combined with you resorting to simple name calling has made this boring.

GL.

Hey Kraken, I have the BBC link where the pope apologizes to the jews for what happened in WW2. pm me if you want it.

Grand_Poohbah

Nov 29, 2008
TheMatt said:
Grand_Poohbah said:
Eye for an eye.
Are you freaking serious? Wtf is wrong with you?

In other news -

k so, I am sick of dealing with all you little guys who do not come up with any points, don;t refute any of mine and just start calling me a troll. Trolls cause problems for no reason, I am trying to have a debate (admittedly heated) with various stalwarts here. So, you win, your complete lack of any facts combined with you resorting to simple name calling has made this boring.

GL.

Hey Kraken, I have the BBC link where the pope apologizes to the jews for what happened in WW2. pm me if you want it.
Yes, I am freaking serious. I suppose what is wrong with me is my morals and values. Huh? Didn't realize they were problems.