Have you ever beaten a game without dying once... on the first try?

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
Some vague memory is telling me I have done this or have almost done this. But I really can't recal which game it was or when I played it.

JSDodd

Jul 29, 2010
Fable 2/3. Combat is way too easy.
Dawn of War 2, play smart and it's pretty easy to avoid losing all 4 squads

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
poiumty said:
Any adventure/puzzle game in which you don't die?

Other than that, no, that would mean the game's too easy. I don't play on easy difficulties.
This. Portal comes to mind. Actually, I think I survived all the way through bioshock my first time, but that's cuz I was playing on easy just to see the story everyone kept going on about.

but other than that, no.

woodaba

May 31, 2011
Bioshock. I found it insultingly easy. I still loved the game, and oddly, I still felt under threat, but I never died.

you rolled a one

May 7, 2009
I did this in Ace Combat 4: Shatered skys, on the hardest difficulty you are alowed to play at the start, the game is not easy, I am just really good at flying games.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
yeh as i play games on easiest difficulty i don't die much. Last one i played where i never died was mass effect 2.

Vidiot

May 23, 2008
Assassin's Creed 2, Fable 1,2,&3, and Wind Waker. All except Zelda I beat in one sitting each.

Edit: Oh! and Psychonauts

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
For me, it was Okami. Put most of my faith into astral pouches just so I could have some incentive on filling them again

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
I think it was Fable 3. The first part of the game was fucking terrible and right when it started to get interesting it ended, just like that. Fuck Microsoft and their stupid production schedules. Fable 3 could have been amazing, especially since the game felt like it was just beginning during its second half but of course, something had to happen. Someone HAD to rush the game.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Lunar Silver Star Harmony. Although I had played Silver Star Story Complete I'll consider a considerably revised remake as a new game. SSSC was already not that hard to begin with but SSH was extremely easy. They made the enemies easier to beat and streamlined the dungeons. I enjoyed the game for its story/characters which Lunar is known for, but its simple and easy battle system didn't impress.

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
Lets see, Bioshock on normal, the big daddies were pretty sad enemies comparded to what i thought they would be like. Crysis 2, it was like mowing down dumbasses, and i have 'rush the target' stuck in mind for weeks on end now. I could go on but those are the recent ones, and i dont want to be a dick with a long read.

Azarhac

Oct 30, 2010
I usually die in most games even for kicks but I recall never dying on DMC 2 that is one shitty game and DMC4 on Normal, mostly because I had just finished DMC3 (not 100% if it had some alternative name it was years ago so forgive me) on Hard I think.

noogai18

Feb 21, 2008
I beat StarCraft and Brood War without losing a mission, and I would have done it with StarCraft II, but I was horribly unprepared for the beatdown Kerrigan puts on you in the final mission, and I got absolutely dominated my first playthrough of that level.

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
Oh tons.

Flower
Minesweeper
That Prince of Persia game where you couldn't die
Duke Nukem 3-D with god mode turned on . . .

Plenty.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I completed Fable 3 first time without going into the "defeat" animation, for you cannot die in that game you can only lose a paltry sum of EXP

I don't count it as an accomplishment though.

Also Persona 3 FES weirdly, I put it on easy cuz i was expecting Persona 4 level "easy" difficulty but it looks like Persona 4's easy is significantly harder than Persona 3's easy

The tension of the final boss is kinda negated when you have 2 auto revive potions left plus all those Soma's the game gives you for beating those minibosses in Tartarus

You should never have 11 Somas stacked at any one time, I had 11 Somas stacked for the final boss...

NOTE: One Soma restores your party's HP and SP to max, emphasis on the SP

Chalkius

Apr 23, 2009
I'm sure I didn't on my older games.

Looking through my current games, Xbox and PC, I don't think I survived any of them the whole way through, though on Football Manager 2011 I've never been sacked after decades worth of seasons play, which is kinda the same thing!