Have you ever beaten a game without dying once... on the first try?

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
therandombear said:
Warhammer Dawn of War 2, and it's expenasions. I never died. I like to think that I had a good strategy when it came to placement of troops, mines and grenades though ;)

When I say died, I mean all units down, and mission failed because I died.
Same here; yet to fail a mission in DoW2. I've come close, but never actually failed.

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
Golden Sun Dark Dawn. I was really looking forward to it, but it is so easy that I did it without dying at all, and there is no harder difficulty unlocked on finishing it like with its predecessors.
Nyaliva said:
Golden Sun DS. I'd played both the previous games and beaten them to a pulp so I was ready when it came out. I only really came close to losing a battle with the final boss, but I still managed to win.
I discovered a broken combination of Djinn that makes you all but invincible, but I honestly never used it, even on the final boss, because it took longer to set it up and keep using it every round than to just legitimately smash the boss without failing

John Nordstrom

Oct 3, 2011
I've beaten the original three episodes of Doom without dying on Ultraviolence. That aside, my apparent invincibility is limited to puzzles and racing games.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
Nope. Every single game I own always die on the first play through. I will always get overwhelmed, caught off guard, blasted by unseen mega attack, or just generally not fast enough.

I'm not an expert gamer. I'm experienced(I'm 17 and have been playing games since I was at least 6 or earlier) but still slow to react and often push my luck too far. I will normally get a no death run in somewhere along the line but never first time, mainly because it's nearly impossible to see what's coming before it arrives. You cannot expect giant death lasers or surprise monster chase scenes.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
plants vs zombies, i never got my brains eaten on the main story line, i did all the time on endless mode.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Dead Space 1

beat without dying on normal, hard and impossible but died so many times on easy because of overconfidence. XD

played easy last as the archievment for it didn't pop when i did it on normal.

GiglameshSoulEater

Jun 30, 2010
Blue Hero said:
Ghosts 'N Goblins. I was expecting something ridiculously difficult when I first played it, but it wasn't that hard at all.
On that, the only times i lost were against Dulhallen and the Ancient Demon. It was a slightly easy game.

Don't think I ever lost on Supreme Commander, but I came pretty close a couple of times.

Sedited for atrocious spelling.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Devil May Cry on Dante Must Die mode.

And yes it had to be beat on normal to unlock hard and hard to unlock Dante Must Die mode.

Very nearly died a few times though....

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Vidi Kitty said:
poiumty said:
Any adventure/puzzle game in which you don't die?

Other than that, no, that would mean the game's too easy. I don't play on easy difficulties.
If the enemies didn't get me, I probably jumped out of that plane to get a better view of the coast as the camera followed my flailing person to the ground.
He he reminds me of all the many times I died in a Halo game when I forgot to dodge the plasma, because I Was staring at the skyboxs XD

OT:portal 1 and 2!

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Most RTS campaigns I've picked up, most notably every entry of the Dawn of War series. Also, Supreme Commander and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance... but those simply require the patience to build a gigantic army before completing objectives... all while ignoring everyone who tells you to hurry. I've always done that in RTS campaigns.

There are also a few RPGs where I never lost a fight that forced you to load a previous save... pretty sure Chrono Trigger was one of 'em, but it's been a long time, so I can't be certain.

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
I came really close in Fable III. Very early in the game, I was trying to figure out how far I could push the regenerating health and kept fighting. I died once, lesson learned, and proceeded to not even come close to dying again.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
Fable 3, I didn't did in any of my first Left 4 Dead campaigns when I first played it, and NHL 11. At least I don't think I died in NHL 11. Maybe I did once or twice.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Fable 3. I suck at video games, so when I never die, your game has a serious difficulty problem.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
I completed Fable 3 first time without going into the "defeat" animation, for you cannot die in that game you can only lose a paltry sum of EXP

I don't count it as an accomplishment though.

Also Persona 3 FES weirdly, I put it on easy cuz i was expecting Persona 4 level "easy" difficulty but it looks like Persona 4's easy is significantly harder than Persona 3's easy

The tension of the final boss is kinda negated when you have 2 auto revive potions left plus all those Soma's the game gives you for beating those minibosses in Tartarus

You should never have 11 Somas stacked at any one time, I had 11 Somas stacked for the final boss...

NOTE: One Soma restores your party's HP and SP to max, emphasis on the SP
Persona 3 Portable has a super easy mode. Enemies are even weaker and you get 30 revives if you die. I never tried it, that must be the easiest a SMT game has ever gotten.