Have you ever been accused of hacking?

NerfRIder

Jun 7, 2010
I've been accused of hacking in MW and MW2. I used to get accused of it a lot back when I played CS and was kicked/banned from a few servers. I do believe my friend and I were accused of hacking during a match in Halo 3 once. I think in all cases to accuser was always some whiny 14 year old that just sucked at the game.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
After having an above decent game (for me) of Dota, where I ended up with 17:2:10, amazing hacking skills.

MW2 where I beat some campers by use of my logic of where they would sit.

Sigma Van Lockheart

Jun 7, 2011
I constantly get accused of using hax but really all im doing is using what i know about the game to kill people fast or to survive not my fault thay dont know how to play.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
I've been accused quite a few times of hacking in CoD4. Never in the sequel multiplayers though. I just suck too much at those, for some reason.

General_Tragg

May 25, 2011
I did one time on Red Dead Redemtion, I shot someone hiding behind a wagon through the gap in the planks of wood it was made from with the Rolling Block Rifle, sweet shot actually, I was a tad miffed at the implication really....

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
This one time I was balls deep in a government network when the FBI busted down my door and tried to beat me to death with a length of industrial piping. I was slightly upset they would accuse me of something I clearly didn't do!

theevilsanta

Jun 18, 2010
Just about every time I join a CS server.

Any new, unknown player that joins a server will be looked at with suspicion.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I was accused of hacking on a daily basis in the original CoD.

I haven't been called a hacker since that game died out.

Woeps

Oct 18, 2010
Oh your talking about game hax.. No never but our IT department suspected me a couple of times for hacking the servers and stuff.

And they only think that because I had the same education they had and not ended on their side of the Cat 5 cable.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Cleariously said:
Never in a game, but my girlfriend did accuse me of being part of Lulzsec.

What.
Alright, I'm curious. How did that happen?

OT: Never, but I suck at MP games.

klasbo

Nov 17, 2009
Battlefield 2

Been accused of hacking by at least 50 different people
Been banned from at least 20 servers

Here's a little sampling:
click
click
click
click
click
click
click
(My aliases you see here are carebear.Cheer, vital.kb, 540.vital.klasbo and Chilax.Klasbo)

This is what happens when you play competitive esports...

WeBeNukin

Dec 16, 2010
I've been accused of modding a couple times in MW2. I just can't help it that my FAL tears through them like wet paper towels. (trigger finger ftw)

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Ha, yeah, that happened to me once during an Alliance battle (aka Luxons vs Kurzicks) in Guild Wars - I was playing as my own axe-wielding warrior/elementalist build, where the only elementalist skill actually in play was the skill "Shock". What that does, for those who don't play Guild Wars, is inflict a nominal amount of damage on an opponent and simultaneously knock them down. If they're standing there fighting you, that's not the most useful thing in the world, but knockdowns also interrupt actions (like spells with long cast times), and if you're running away, getting knocked down stops that and lets the pursuer close the distance again.

Shock is a touch-range skill, which means to use it the caster has to get within melee range of the target. The way the mechanics work though, once you get close enough to start the animation of the skill, it no longer matters if your target has kept running and is now some ways away from you, it's still going to hit and knock you down (unless you have some other defense against it, which would have probably prevented me from targeting you with the skill in the first place). So from the perspective of a target, I appear to be running up behind them and then stopping briefly as they keep running, until they suddenly fall down. Most people know why of course, but this story is about a schmuck who didn't.

So I had been repeatedly killing this one Kurzick player all during a particular match, because whenever I headed in his direction he didn't have the good sense to get out of dodge, and one on one his build couldn't take me; by the time he would wise up and run the hell away, I'd have cast Shock, knocked him down, and proceeded to beat the crap out of him. When he did run away, for some silly reason he'd stop after a while and let me catch up to him, and the Shock/beat down would resume. I must have killed that guy 20 times at the least. My teammates thought this was greatly amusing.

After the match though I get a self-righteous PM about how he was totally reporting me for hacking because I was "throwing that spell at him" and I shouldn't be able to do that, and I was totally going to get banned. At that point I would have been happy to explain the mechanics of touch range skills to him, but he'd decided to put me on ignore shortly after making his ludicrous threats.

So I turned over the screenshots I took of the incident to my friendly alliance and let them decide how to best go about responding to that cowardly attack on my honor (my guess is he got a lot of messages suggesting he was a jerk, heh), and promptly went right back to not being even slightly worried about getting banned, because accusing me of hacking the game was ridiculous.

sean360h

Jun 2, 2010
ya in grand theft auto i joined a free for all and i went bout 40 to 5 they rage quit the game and then gta match made again which they rage quit from again after which they accused me of aimboting and messing with the damage on the guns

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
I get accused of hacking frequently. Offline.

My brother is convinced I've hacked the console so I'm better than him. I offer to swap controllers, but he rejects it, saying I'd swap it round.

He's an idiot.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
Micro Volts is the worst game for this I have ever played, I am fairly competent, especially with a sniper and getting called a hacker just because I have learnt to head shot people flying through the air from the boosters damn well I get abuse.

It also seems to have a lot of players that don't understand the game and scream hacker at you when you jump up to somewhere that is perfectly legit in game but they don't have the experience to know about it or are just being ignorant of the wonderfully varied map layouts that are designed to have a lot of different areas and height differences, it gets really annoying.

Also the game can lag a fair bit sometimes, and people seem to think that this is on purpose, I was just astounded at how determined this guy was to call anyone with a slow connection a hacker because he had trouble shooting them, in a game this fast paced being someone with a slow internet would be bad enough without this kind of bollocks.

Anyway, awesomely fun game, immature retarded community..

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
Got one before in Black Ops for getting an amazing balistic knife kill.

Apparently because it was so far away, I must of had an aim bot.

He didn't even bother to take into account my skill *Sigh*

Thedarkestofsouls

Mar 22, 2008
Back in the old Command and Conquer: Renegade. I used to headshot people all the time on it, in MP, so people assumed that I was using a big head mod or something. I actually got kicked off of servers for it.

I don't think anyone's every accused me of it in recent games, though, but that's cause I don't use computers for MP gaming anymore (and I guess I'm not as good on consoles as I was on the Mouse and Keyboard)

darksaber64x

Aug 15, 2008
I got called a hacker a few times in wow when leveling a character from 1 to 60 in the middle of stormwind using the refer a friend thingie.

Silly people.