Have you ever been so zoned into a game that afterwards you felt like you were on a drug?

salamarian

Aug 3, 2009
Once when I played Crackdown for a long stretch, for about a week after wards whenever I saw a nice ledge I would find myself clutching for the jump button.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"The Path".

I got a perfect ending run with Ruby, then had to go to the bathroom. On the way down the hall, I felt as if I wasn't actually in my body anymore, I could feel the floor tilting until I was walking on the wall, and I could hear growling and breathing in the distance.

Going to the bathroom was pretty hard.

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
Holy crap, um...

Custom Robo Arena for the DS,
Pokemon Pearl,
Fable (TLC),
Morrowind (GOTY),
and Survival Crisis Z (see my probation notice).

Brickcups

May 27, 2009
This happened to me pretty much every time I started up frequency or amplitude. I swear you can't beat the higher difficulties without zoning out.

Undercover

Jul 19, 2009
Good to know I'm not alone on this. Another game that did it for me was Silent Hill 2, I was laid up with a bad knee so all I could really do was sit at home and play video games, and SH2 just SUCKS you in right from the beginning. I was completely alone in the house and playing with the speakers turned up and the lights turned off, so even when I got up to get some food or something it was pretty trippy. I could still hear the game soundtrack all through the house so it got really creepy, but I didn't want to turn on any lights or open the fridge, it might screw up the mojo.

Could've triggered a mild flashback, too... Not that I've ever DONE that kind of thing or anything, you know... Just a theory...

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
well... Fallout 3 is my drug right now... i just cant seem to turn of the console, and considering i have never played the other two fallout´s i was inmersed in the story rather quikly after a few days of trouble (i wasn´t sure what i wanted to be so i scratched my character like 5 times before i came to the conclussion i wanted to be the super brain guy with 100 med 100 sci and fairly 75-80 speech barter)

i am lvl 22 now... and i damn well hope i can never finish that game, i love every single inch of that wasteland, i remember the time i left vault 101 for the first time i was all "OOOOH, AAAAH" and since i have never played oblivion or any other RPG as vast as this one i felt completely awestrucked by the sheer amount of detail in the game, of course some things repeat themselves quite a lot, but still it feels great every time i look into another damn "point" in the map (i recently aquired the "explorer" so i could see all placess in the map)

discovering and investigating is amazing, and the first time i wore a power armor felt awesome.

also, the weapons system and the repair system and well... almost any game play they added into was great imo.

but lets not say this is the first game that has done this for me, i have being inmersed in a lot of games, Legend Of The Dragoon was a good example, like Final Fantasy VIII, but right now Fallout 3 haves no comparition for me.

Jun 6, 2009
Before Fallout 3 the last game that zoned me out for a while was Red Alert 2. After playing it for 10 hours straight one day and after finishing that session, I then found my mom putting away laundry in my room. ( I was 9 at the time).

I then grabbed her and started accusing her of being a American spy trying to find plans for the Iron curtain in my room. I then had no reason to worry about zoning out from that game for a while,... because my mom smashed the disk, because she thought I was getting addicted to it.

(That probably was true because, for some reason I thought I was in Moscow some days in the winter after I played it...)

hardter

Aug 1, 2009
World of Warcraft. I remember the first week I was playing it I would just be zoned in for hours. When I was off it I just wanted to play. Best moment was watching the sun rise in game then remembering the game is in real time and noticing I was due in work in 80 mins

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Not really, and I doubt you've ever really been high. Otherwise...holy shit, you must really like your games.

darkless

Jan 26, 2008
Final fantasy VII first play station game i ever owned, played it for 12 solid hours didn't realize until the sun rose and was freaking starving.

implodingMan

Apr 9, 2008
As someone who has done a fair amount of drugs... not really.

The most I've gotten is a feeling of uncomfortable slowness, similar to what you get from those extra strength painkillers like Tylenol with codeine. Even then, that was probably because I had been sitting around for bloody hours and my body was probably shutting down or something.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I get that with games. I also sometimes get that after a long session on the 'Pist. I get off of it and I'm like... "hey this is what reality is like... but... where's Poodonkis? And Souplex?...AHHH I need to get back to my computer."

rocketseed

Apr 15, 2009
oh god dont get me started my latest one was civ 4 i started playing at like 9 pm and went in to a daze the next thing i knew my alarm went of and it was like 7 am and i was like HOLY S**T! for like the rest of the day life did not seam turn based enough XD

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
I played tetris so much, I kept trying to align the icons on my desktop.

Also, me and my friend played Starcraft LAN for probably 5 hours. Afterwards, we went to Taco Bell and I kept trying to select all the "lazy units" inside the restaurant.

...Do these count?

HerrBobo

Jun 3, 2008
Dunno about getting "high" but I do some times have very vivid dreams about games I play alot.

Also, I do sometimes switch back into "game mode" when I'm in the real world. For example I was playing alot of Fallout3 and I was looking for a crutch as the last part of my rail gun. I could not find one for love nor money. I took a break of lunch and went up town. I saw a guy on a crutch and made a bee line for hime before I fully copped what I was doing! It was very funny/scary!

Frankydee

Mar 25, 2009
I used to have that sort of sensation. But then I just up and stopped playing MMOs.

iggyus

Apr 18, 2009
HG131 said:
After my first session of some Halo 3 campaign and again a few months later on LIVE Multiplayer. Also Fallout 3. I had get ones from adrenalin every time I play L4D.
Fallout 3, Oblivion, Morrowind. The 3 best games I've ever played