have you ever been "That Guy"

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Im that Guy when i play any COD or BFBC2, and people don't really like me for it i'd have to say.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I have the pleasure of being the Black Ops 'that guy' a couple of times a month at least (mostly luck though). Have been 'that guy' on MW2 often enough too. It's bliss.

Drakulea

Feb 23, 2011
Hamish Durie said:
So have you ever been "that guy" you know that guy thats gets all the kills and dominates the enitire game regardless of others
To be honest, I'm more like "The Other Guy". The one that ends "That Guy's" killstreaks.

Dude running the show in an AC130 in MW2? Yours truly has the shoulder-held cure.

Camper sniper racking up the kills ? Grenades/flashbangs/smoke and two bullets to the back of the head.

That tank that just won't die? The cure-all, close assault with explosives.

Noobtoob rampage? Knife to the face or empty two clips in the corpse.

Jester00

Sep 22, 2010
mw2, one "the show" per day in search and destroy. (endscore 10+ kills / no death) i play that game to much.

Vornek

Jan 25, 2011
I've been that guy in League of Legends a few times.

Mordekaiser with enough defense can go 1v5 and win

A Malzahar that has been left to farm on his own for most of the game...Is just evil when he starts attacking you.

-V

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
There was a match in Soldier of Fortune 2 multiplayer deathmatch, I had just finished reading a sniping guide for Counter-Strike and I was a-buzz with the idea of being fast, deadly and awesome. Funnily enough, I went on to die about ten times and rampage against the enemy team with a kill tally of about 100, which was pretty damage impressive. I was actually asked how I did it and I simply responded that I felt inspired.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
Red Dead Redemption 10 kill streak running around the very center of the map out in the open in free for all. i pwn that game

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I was that guy once in MW2. Last one left alive in my team in Quarry with only my AA-12 between me and the other two members of the other team. One cocky sniper and a poor guy who took the shotgun blast at point blank range. Running the show, as we used to say. :)

Also, once in Gears 2 horde mode. Another last man standing situation, myself and a dozen horde closing in. Took 'em all down! Think I may have got a standing ovation there...in my mind.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
War for Cybertron. It was ill-got, as I was the cheapest class with the most unbalanced weapon: A Leader with the Magma Frag Launcher. Many kills were had that day.

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
League of Legends. I don't know how, but I got a killstreak of nearly twenty. Pure luck, probably, but two guys befriended me after the game.

Saerain

Mar 24, 2009
I was That Guy in Unreal Tournament, on the Facing Worlds CTF map, who prowled the second and third outer tiers of the enemy's tower with a shock rifle, nailing them from behind as they left. No one ever seemed to learn to check behind them; or if they did, I'd moved to a slightly different location, or succeeded in dodging just about everything. I always dominated that map.

I didn't attribute this to skill on my part, though, but to being one of very few with broadband at that time. I haven't performed even 10% as well in any shooter since then.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Yes, I get around 40 kills each round in CoD4, 35 kills average in Bad Company 2, 60 in Battlefield 2, 25 average in Black Ops. All those together my K/D is almost 5 and Win/Lose is nearly 7. When I'm playing LAN in my apartment block it's pretty much me against 10 others and that is not even a fair fight. I guess that's mostly because I don't use average guns, I use semi's or battle rifles.

SulfuricDonut

Feb 25, 2009
After hating on CoD 4 months after it came out I tried it out with some friends who were determined to convince me of how great a game it was. I had previously refused to play because I said it took no skill.

It was the first time I had played the game and I became "that guy" with the P90 off the bat against 3 people who played all the time and claimed they owned everyone else online.

After victory I quit and never played that game again.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
A few times. I remember one glorious match on World at War where i went around in a tank on the Seelow map and basically went on a bloody unstoppable rampage. I've always liked driving tanks.

Then there there were a couple of other COD matches, usually i'm made aware that i'm "that guy" when i'm at the top of the board and someone insults me for it. I remember one of the wager matches on Black Ops where i was doing quite well and there were these two tweens whom were moaning about how annoying i was. (In that i kept killing them).

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
I am always that guy in Operations mode of KZ3: I AM A UNSTOPPPABLE INSTRUMENT OF WAR!

Except on any other game mode where I've been known to hold onto grenades too long >_>

Aug 25, 2009
When I play online either I get absolutely owned or do reasonably well, but nothing spectacular. I haven't played online in a while so probably it would be a little more unbalanced nowadays though.

When I play against my friends or my housemates I dominate them from start to finish. We play Halo and I set myself ridiculous challenges like three on one, and I'm only allowing myself to use the pistol, and I get through the whole round without dying. We play CoD or Modern Warfare and I only use the sniper rifle, free for all, and I rack up more kills than the three of them combined.

I think I'm a pretty good gamer, but I don't challenge myself often, so when I come up against gamers who do I often get my ass handed to me, but when I play against my housemates or friends who are all 'W007 PWNING NOOBS RS TEH AW3SOM' and only play multiplayer CoD I basically wipe the floor with them. Too much practice.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
No, I suck at games. I have been the other 'that guy' though, the one at the bottom of the scoreboard that everyone blames for losing the game. On a team a 10 person team its obviously the one guy in last place who lost the whole thing since the 9 other guys are totally guilt free, obviously.

The Breadcrab

Mar 20, 2011
Back in the glory days of Resistance 2, I was often #1 in a game, and keep in mind this game had 60-player servers! I seem to have lost that spark a bit, but not completely. In BC2/MW/Whatever its not uncommon for me to reach #2 or #3 in a game.

Oh, and if you really want to open a time-capsule, I used to absolutely shred players in the first Half-life. Shotguns forever!

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
ColdStorage said:
LOL, one of those "oh shit, didn't realise, sorry guys!" moments?
I won to the point where any other expression would make me seem like an arrogant prick on a high horse.