Have you ever bought a game that was labelled crappy just to experience its crappiness first hand?

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
If not, have you ever wanted to?

I have. With Superman Returns. I was repeatedly warned from the guy at the front how terrible the game is but I still bought it just so I could experience it. I also want to play that E.T. game and Superman 64 for the lulz

May 29, 2011
Yeah, Did that with E.T... And I regret it. It was fun to destroy the thing after words though...

Don't judge me on that ending, please.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
I want to play Alone in the Dark or Mindjack, but I keep finding paying 6 dollars for them would be overcharging.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
I'm waiting for Duke Nukem to do exactly that and drop to £5 before I buy it. If I'm going to invest in something that's probably going to be terrible I don't want to pay a lot.

eclipsed_chemistry

Dec 9, 2009
believer258 said:
You could probably get a way to play ET on an emulator.

...and no. I try not to spend my money on bad games. Every game in my game drawer has some appeal to me, from FF12 to Singularity. This is because my gaming budget is big enough for me to buy multiple games a month, but not big enough to just haphazardly buy games whenever I want to. Plus there's the whole thing about playing games for entertainment; I tend to want to keep my hair when gaming. I just don't have the time nor the patience for bad ones.

But then, most of my games are shooters and my standards for shooters seem to be "if it controls well."
I'm the same exact way for shooters except I have one other standard. The guns have to FEEL powerful. It doesn't matter if they actually do a ton of damage or not, but the sound has to be appropriately loud and sharp, and the rumble feedback has to feel appropriately powerful. I'll play a shooter with no semblance of story or good graphics as long as the game feels good to play.

Aiden Raine

Oct 3, 2011
once.. a game called State of Emergency. I bought it for $2 at gamestop because it was incredibly cheap and I wanted to see just how bad it was. it was a waste of $2.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
My brother bought a game for 5 bucks called Necrovision, had zombies and shit WW2 style. Turns out he hated it so I took it off his hands for the lulz.

AWMAHGORSHSOFUN :D

Now if you can ignore the cheesy dialoque and dated structure (graphics are really good though....), its quite fun blowing off zombies and vampires heads. Plus theres a scene where you pilot an experimental nazi mech and BATTLE A GIGANTIC ROBOSCORPION.

I like games that I can have a good time with, doesnt matter to me how bad people think they are.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Don Savik said:
My brother bought a game for 5 bucks called Necrovision, had zombies and shit WW2 style. Turns out he hated it so I took it off his hands for the lulz.

AWMAHGORSHSOFUN :D

Now if you can ignore the cheesy dialoque and dated structure (graphics are really good though....), its quite fun blowing off zombies and vampires heads. Plus theres a scene where you pilot an experimental nazi mech and BATTLE A GIGANTIC ROBOSCORPION.

I like games that I can have a good time with, doesnt matter to me how bad people think they are.
Necrovision was awesome, I can't see how anyone wouldn't like it. Unless he never got past the first couple of levels, which were admittedly kind of slow. Or if he expected it to be a serious WW1 shooter or something, which frankly the name "Necrovision" and the picture of the Bruce Cambell wannabe blasting zombies while spouting one-liners should have hinted away from.

Also, not only do you get to mech battle a giant roboscorpion, but you also get to ride a dragon and kill Cerberus, then lead a kill team of vampires into hell and ride a magic golem in battle against Satan. Seriously, that game was metal as all get out.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
VaudevillianVeteran said:
I'm waiting for Duke Nukem to do exactly that and drop to £5 before I buy it. If I'm going to invest in something that's probably going to be terrible I don't want to pay a lot.

I'm looking to do the same thing. I really liked Duke Nukem 3D back in the day (notably when I was much younger and my sense of humor was far more crude...), but I didn't buy Duke Nukem: Forever when it came out because I knew it wouldn't live up to that many years of expectations. So now I'm waiting for it to be at bargain bin price.

Which incidentally, is today. It's apparently on sale on Steam today for $9.99 USD. Still more than I'd really like to pay... but it's very, very tempting. And also very amusing that it's already dropped that low. Is that a record for a AAA release?

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
I rented Duke Nukem Forever from Redbox just to give it a whirl. God, what a terrible game. Does that count?

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
The new Alien vs Predator game, got it with a bunch of other games when a Blockbuster around here got closed. Sold their entire stock. Managed to pick up a bunch of games cheap. Though I knew it would be terrible I was hoping it would be decent enough, I mean AvP 2 was awesome. But nope. It sucked.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Oh hell yeah. If I see a relatively new video game being marked as $8, I'm like, "Shit, well now I have to play it."

I'm just too curious for my own good.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Yes, but thankfully it was pretty cheap.

I'll buy Duke Nukem when it drops to the sub $15 level.

EDIT:

Steam Sale: $9.99

...SOLD.

Will it be as bad as the negative hype? Only time will tell...

EDIT2:

CynderBloc said:
Yep, I bought X-Blades

To this day I still haven't played past the first level, which was also the demo level...which I had already played
ugh, I forgot about that one. I had the exact same experience.