Have you ever discovered something on accident that you love to this day?

crazyfoxdemon

Oct 2, 2009
Amtgard. I was at a Latin convention and I saw a bunch of people doing it outside one of the lecture halls, I thought it looked neat and went over and checked it out... Been doing it ever since.

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
Ruoska. Just flipping through various wikis and found the Finnish Industrial Metal band quite to my liking. Usually compared in style to Rammstein.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
A few years back I was very one minded about music, I only really listened to rock music. I was on my way back from Outdoor Ed, and our driver put on Radio 1. I never actually listened to this kind of music before, but I ended up really liking it.

Also, without prior knowledge Fallout 3 brought me into the world of certain types of old music, which I also liked.

Now I like to listen to every genre of music (except one)

Zorak the Mantis

Oct 17, 2007
Star Wars... I was 7 and I was exploring some boxes in my moms closet and I found a vinyl copy of the soundtrack to A New Hope. My mom saw me with it and figured I might like the movie... the rest is history as they say.

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
Its a stupid thing but while i played halo 3 (only played now when a halo junkie needs a team so i can get him to play mw2) is a glitch in which if u shoot a br 3 times and reload it saves u one round of shots. Behold the 3 shot combo.(was called a noob for all the beat downs.....damn maulers)

PimpHandofGod

Mar 21, 2010
Heartcafe said:
HumpinHop said:
Heartcafe said:
HumpinHop said:
General_Potatoes said:
My bookmark page is too long. (Thats what she said XD)
snip
Why yes. Down here in Florida at least, I believe the date is within this month, if not next week. A promotional cover was on display of a green dragon (I forget which dragon from the books was green, I need to reread the whole 2700 or so pages again) last week so it is definitely coming soon.
*Spits out soda in surprise

This MONTH? Really?! Wow, I didn't know it was so soon! Thanks for telling me. I think I have to look up the info for the book now. Gosh, it's been so long XD
Sorry to burst your bubble but http://www.amazon.com/Inheritance-Cycle-Christopher-Paolini/dp/0375856110/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310354185&sr=8-1

jprf

May 18, 2011
The Bugle Podcast, when I was looking for information on Hosni Mubarak (buglers here will know what I mean), by John Oliver (also on the daily show) and Andy Zaltzman.
Listen to it now and forever enrich your life, by far the funniest podcast I've ever heard. 160 issues and counting of the finest satirical bullshit ever made.

Edit: Sorry, I thought I could let it lie but I just wasn't strong enough. It's by accident, not on accident.

ScarlettRage

May 13, 2009
ReservoirAngel said:
The show "Xiaolin Showdown". Just flipping through the TV listings one day and decided to see what it was... it was awesome.
I still miss that show...
I accidentally discovered my favourite anime by randomly googling stuff. still love it, but the second season was a bit of a let-down after a very interesting first season. At Least The movie was pretty good.

The Anime? The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
Whiskey.

I was at a family event and we were all drinking out of clear plastic cups. I set my coke down on a table and couldn't remember which cup it was a moment later. Only a few were dark and I vaguely remembered where it was so I just grabbed one. It didn't taste the same. All of a sudden my grandpa was running over saying "Hey you shouldn't be drinking that." (I was under-aged at the time) and then it was explained to me that it was actually whiskey and coke.

elbrandino

Dec 8, 2010
Sunkist is delicious. We have them at work, and thank
Hypertion said:
sunkist orange soda....

its to the point you could call it an addiction.
Sunkist is delicious. We have them at work, and thank god for my paycheck's sake that we get free drinks.

OT: Dragonball Z. I still love that show. I once just stumbled on it while flipping through the channels. Love at first sight. Also the Sly Cooper series. It's one of my favorites of all time. I rented it on a whim one day, bought it the next day from a store.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
DatCracker said:
Examples: When I was about 10 or 11, I was on a trip with my family, and I had left my comic books at home (American ones; Batman, Spiderman, Thor, etc.) So before I got on the plane, I picked up a copy of Shounen Jump from the airport convenience store.
While on the plane I read it, and was really confused at first (I was reading it backwards, and the stories were really weird.) But once I read it right and began to see the appeal of the characters, I was very interested.
And now I read asian comics.

Another instance is how I discovered Silent Hill. My sister suggested I see the movie, but I didn't want to because I heard it was lame. She insisted I look up the trailer. I typed "silent hill" into google, and found the Silent Hill wiki. The monsters of the game intrigued me, so I picked up Silent Hill 1 & 2, and I fucking loved them. Granted, they made me piss my pants, but I forever love the Silent Hill series because of it. Afterwards when I saw the movie, I got to be all smug about it and ***** about how it didn't do the games justice XD

TL;DR -- I discovered manga and Silent Hill on accident. Have you ever picked up something in passing and then fell in love with it?

Heh, My first love of manga comes from the fact that I stole 8 shohen Jumps from my school libary back in 05.

Only good thing about that entire school.

Another thing is my love Of the Champions universe (As in Champions Online) I gotten a free chance to go there last year and now I have a level 23 character.

TiloXofXTanto

Aug 18, 2010
Smackjeeves, definitely smackjeeves.

I was looking at an online guide for Sonic battle (cause I was a noob at the time) and decided to search for something related to the gizoid, and then accidentally clicked on a comic related to it.

Afterward I read it and then explored the rest of the site. Glad that I did.

It even gave birth to my senseless need to answer questions and sent me to Bob and George, VGcats, LICD, xkcd, APTGG, and a ton of other things.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
PhunkyPhazon said:
Macaroni and cheese mixed with applesauce. Don't knock it until you try it.
My sister called, she sad Mac and cheese + Cinnamon + Chocolate.

It's an amazing thing.

Lekonua

Mar 25, 2009
Discovered Harry Potter by accident in...4th or 5th grade. We were doing that standardized testing junk and were supposed to bring a book to read if we finished early. One day, I forgot to bring one and had to get one from a table that had a big pile of books on it.

I picked Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone at random. I had hear very little about it at the time, but by the end of the day I was dragging my mom to Target to buy me my own copy so I could finish it.

Since then my mom has dragged ME to get our copies of Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Half-blood Prince, and Deathly Hallows on their respective launch dates at around 3-4 in the morning.

Dr. Win

Jan 2, 2011
Disturbed
Avenged Sevenfold
Pendulum
Skrillex
Memes
Jet Set Radio Future
Halo
TF2

I could go on, but cbf.
Qtoy said:
I was introduced to Drum & Bass by EvilDaedalus in his How To Play: The Pyro video. Specifically Pendulum.
I didn't think there would be others :D