Have you ever felt a deep, personal hatred towards an NPC?

Mista Miggins

Jul 23, 2010
I have been going for an acheivement on Dead Rising 2 where you have to save 50 survivors from fortune city, and I can so there is no group of NPC's I would like to feed through a meat grinder more than the three poker guys. They refuse to move an inch from the room they are in until you beat all three of them at a round of high stakes poker. There was this one hand where I was going to knock out a player who all in'd with a triple when he got dealt a card which gave him a full house. I'm surprised that Chuck wasn't as pissed off about it as I was, seeing as he just lost $200,000. I am very upset that I wasn't given an option where I could lead them to the safehouse at gun-point. Have you ever felt do pissed at an NPC that you wanted to beat the pixels out of it's obnoxious face?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Alistair Tenpenny. Man, is it ever satisfying to blow his fool head off.

Spark Ignition

Sep 29, 2010
the japanese tourists in dead rising 1. no matter what weapon you give them one will 'accidentally' kill the other before you're 2 feet out of the door...

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Anyone from Two Worlds. What the hell are you saying.

Mayhap t'is thy old English nay! Forsooth! AYE! m'lady? T'is the taint!

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
pyrosaw said:
The apes from Ape Escape. Those cheeky bastards.
Classic! But I have to agree with this - I hated so many of them by end game

Also surprised it hasn't come up - legendary pokemon - these bastards have such a low catch rate and are a ***** to get. For me Giratina in platinum, took me around 6-8 tries with 35 dusk balls each time

james0192

Meh!
Oct 12, 2009
Hannah/Hammer in fable 2 - she walks so so so slow and constantly spouts pretentious clichéd crap
oh and all the children in fallout 3 - every time i walked into megaton the sheriff's son was there and would always, without fail, say (without me talking to him) "dad says im not suposed to talk to strangers" WELL STOP FUCKING TALKING TO ME AND LEAVE ME ALONE!

Wes1180

Wes1180
Jul 25, 2009
The preacher person from the children of the atom or what have you in the middle of megaton. I killed him and then was killed by everyone in town.... it was worth it though, both his face and voice irrated me so much, if I had it installed I'd probably go kill him again.

/psycho (I promise) ;)

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
i´m going to pick...the fine people of New York City in Spider- Man 2.

Why the hell are they always falling from buildings? And balloons? Really?!

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
that Terrorist Batarian from Mass Effect, where can i find him in Mass Effect 2 so i can get my revenge? seriously... i should have killed him, but i was actively changing as i played the game. old me would have done it, but new me grew a conscious to save the hostages

now i want to track this fucker down and make him eat those extra eyes he's got...

Death-of-Penguins

Mar 2, 2010
Hojo, from FFVII, for being a douchebag.

But in a more annoyance fuelled way, any NPC who DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO MOVE OUT OF MY WAY AND THAT THING IS GOING TO- FUUUU- I'M DEAD. Thanks man. You standing there was so important.

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
Fontaine in Bioshock pissed me right the hell off. I wanted to shove a Big Daddy's drill right up his, uh, nose.

mirror's edgy

Sep 30, 2010
I didn't HATE The Boss in MGS3, but after watching her kick Snake's ass like, four times, it was a little satisfying to get revenge.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
The citizens of Stillwater in Saints Row 2. I shouldn't have to change my clothes every five seconds to keep these bastards from bitching about how bad I smell. Why are they even bringing it up, are they trying to anger the guy with an assload of weapons and regenerative powers?

Sinspiration

Mar 7, 2010
Wes1180 said:
The preacher person from the children of the atom or what have you in the middle of megaton. I killed him and then was killed by everyone in town.... it was worth it though, both his face and voice irrated me so much, if I had it installed I'd probably go kill him again.

/psycho (I promise) ;)
I have days where I wake up at 3 am in the game just so I can run down there with a load of mines, plant them all where he usually stands, then watch from a distance.

Wes1180

Wes1180
Jul 25, 2009
Sinspiration said:
Wes1180 said:

/psycho (I promise) ;)
I have days where I wake up at 3 am in the game just so I can run down there with a load of mines, plant them all where he usually stands, then watch from a distance.
That sounds hilarious, although don't you have to shoot him first for him to become hostile?

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Oh my God, yes! There are a lot of NPCs I've hated, but one more than the others.

COLIN MCCREEDY! That smug little bastard in Fallout 3. I have never before or since wished so much for the ability to kill children in a game. My serial killer Wanderer would have cannibalised his stupid face within five seconds of him opening his fat mouth if the game would have allowed it.

He wins because I can't kill him. Other NPCs who have pissed me off to that level, I usually got to kill at some point, or at least fuck with, or I could let them die, but him? No. Because he's a damn kid.