Have you ever found yourself addicted to a word?

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
(Insert name hear) said:
Exuberance

(OMG, I just spelled that right on my first try.)
You have won today's spelling bee! Are you feeling....great joy?

burntheartist said:
which & would

I hate them both.
My creative writing professor hates the passive voice, so he pretty much despises when people use "would". He has practically beat it out of me in my professional creative writing.

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
me? no. but my father...wont. fucking. stop.

he listens to howard stern, and every few months will hear some incredibly annoying word with some incredibly annoying way of saying it; and he will say it around the house LOUDLY AND FREQUENTLY.

i remember him screaming "OBAMA!"; last one was "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE", now hes moved on to an earsplitting way of saying "ENGAGE!" at completely fucking random times.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i say "struggles" constantly, and "word". word as just a way of acknowledging that i understand what someones saying. stuggles i will say when im having difficulty with something or someone else did something foolish or embarrassing

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
Tankichi said:
The Batman line is epic. ALSO! for the Bro thing i have a friend who says it to me but only because he says we are like brothers.
Yes it is, I'll probably be thinking of it all day on campus tomorrow.

I consider "bro" more of a sporty-jock type of thing; it probably isn't but that is how I look at it. Since I don't have any friends that are extremely athletic or on school sports teams, I have never had a friend say it.

CL4P-TP

Feb 16, 2010
After re-watching Waynes World and the Bill and Ted movies, I've found myself saying "Excellent" significantly more in my entire life within the timeframe of a week. At work, socially, and to cats on the street that want my affection.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
When I first saw the British tv comedy "The Young Ones" at age 10, I became completely hooked on calling people fascists. I'd never heard the word till I heard Rick use it and saw it as a way to seem more intelligent to my peers. Example:

Teacher: Quiet down!

Me: Fucking teach is such a goddamn fascist...

Student #1: A what?

Me: Fascist.

Student #1: Ooooooo....you sound smart... *Stares at me, wide-eyed*

Yes, I was superficial back then. Still kinda am. XP

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
aDuck said:
Ive got one:

Game.

:D
I don't know if that counts for people that play games, since we really don't have many words that would translate well with video or computer.
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

[small]You just don't want to admit that you lost it, do you?[/small]

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
burntheartist said:
Sonic Doctor said:
burntheartist said:
which & would

I hate them both.
My creative writing professor hates the passive voice, so he pretty much despises when people use "would". He has practically beat it out of me in my professional creative writing.
I actually didn't realize I had this problem until I started proofing my art class essays. Even writing this I wanted to type; I would usually.. for a sentence. I really need to start being more vigilant at catching it the first pass just so I can proof my other problems rather than the obvious one.
My problem is I don't proof read closely enough. I rely on spell check too much, and it misses a ton of things, even some typos.
Frotality said:
me? no. but my father...wont. fucking. stop.

he listens to howard stern, and every few months will hear some incredibly annoying word with some incredibly annoying way of saying it; and he will say it around the house LOUDLY AND FREQUENTLY.

i remember him screaming "OBAMA!"; last one was "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE", now hes moved on to an earsplitting way of saying "ENGAGE!" at completely fucking random times.
Introduce him to, "Khaaaaaaannnnn!!!" I would find that hilarious.

May 5, 2010
When I was in the 7th grade, I said "bullocks" all the time. I'm American, by the way. I don't think I even knew what it meant.

.....It's balls, right?

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
onewheeled999 said:
Sonic Doctor said:
aDuck said:
Ive got one:

Game.

:D
I don't know if that counts for people that play games, since we really don't have many words that would translate well with video or computer.
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

[small]You just don't want to admit that you lost it, do you?[/small]
You see, I don't recognize old internet jokes like that anymore. So, anytime someone uses it, I'm just going to take it literally to mean they mean "game" in video games, computer games, board games, etc, etc.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
When I was in the 7th grade, I said "bullocks" all the time. I'm American, by the way. I don't think I even knew what it meant.

.....It's balls, right?
From the Urban Dictionary:

(A term Americans mistakenly use when they really mean to say bollocks.
"Bullocks"? Bollocks, mate, say it right!)

Bullocks = Bullshit, and Bollocks = Balls.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
Lucas_90 said:
Me? Addicted to the word 'bollocks'?...Bollocks........
I hate being Ninja'd.

And that is a word I see that many Escapists are addicted to. Ninja'd.

Aug 1, 2010
CONSTANTLY!

I get addicted to words all the time and have to stop myself from saying them.

My most recent one was "Brilliant!" I started saying it like crazy after seeing the movie Seven for the first time.

Agent_Nahmen_Jayden

Jun 28, 2010
A friend of mine and I have a running joke of a picture we saw, which we gave the caption "What do you want?" said in a funny sounding low voice. Basically, at first it was used when something awesome happened. For e.g. *We are playing basketball, I do some ridiculous behind the back shot and it goes in* "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" *We both laugh*

Only, it has become more of a regular greeting and saying for me, however, I do try to keep it with close buddies who already know I'm a weirdo as to not bewilder other people.