Have you ever liked a game everyone else hated (or just said it sucked)?

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
I wouldn't say many people hate FFX. Its one of the most popular FF games, after all.

As for me, Alpha Protocol.

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
AVP [latest one], I adore this game, sure it has it's flaws, but I love it.
My friends, and the internet, disagree. And that hurts me inside.

T1tan45

Oct 19, 2010
Final Fantasy 13- before I started to get on this website I heard a lot of hate for this game, it was the first FF game I've ever played, so I couldn't compare it to any of the other FF games. (I played FF7 after I beat XIII)

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Honestly? I liked Dragon Age 2.

Were there some problems with it? Yes. Was it as good as Origins? No

Did I still enjoy it? Yeah.

shadowsoul222

Jun 6, 2010
Too Human and Final Fantasy XIII for me. I honestly don't see everyone's problem with Too Human, I mean yeah the death animation is longer than it should be, and those stupid negative effects that you can't get rid of are frustrating, but overall it's a pretty fun game. Also Final Fantasy XIII has some of the more human character's I've seen in a FF game in a long time.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
If I was go by the threads that pop up on this site so very often... practically every game I ever played is hated (or strongly disliked) by large chunks of people.

So yeah...

Though in terms of major spite towards a game. Pretty much all the big bombs (Deus Ex IW, Dragon Age 2, MGS 2, Red Alert 3 so on and so forth.) I just like games too much to be picky.

Lolth17

Queen of the Underdark
Nov 10, 2009
Dragon Age 2 (even though it seems like most people outside the Escapist liked it a lot)

Resident Evil 5

Dungeon Siege 3

Matrixbeast

Sep 18, 2010
CoD games past 4.

I also liked Castlevania Judgement too. Twas a pretty nice fighter (Though the Death Note-esque redesigns were somewhat bland and lacking).

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Final Fantasy X is a hugely successful game. So successful it was made into multiple worldwide versions. And it apparently being remade for the PlayStation 4(which I will assume to have have slightly better hardware than the Wii U, probably slightly better at least than the GTX 590 by the time the console is released). Just because Spoony didn't like at nor would Yahtzee, doesn't mean it's very hated. Spoony is a classic Final Fantasy elitist, and Yahtzee dislikes jRPGs as much as I dislike first person shooters.

Personally, I loved Bible Adventures for the NES. I'm no Christian, it's just a good game.

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII was a pretty panned game. But I had a good enough of a time to have played it several times through.

Alice: Madness Returns actually has quite a fandom. Myself included. But the game received generally poor reviews.

firej7

Nov 5, 2010
The Legend of Spyro series. It has changed, but its a good series with good voice acting by Gary Oldman, Elijah Wood, David Spade, Corey Burton, Wayne Brady etc., good story, good music, fights do get repetitive and short, but it's still good.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Yeah, to a friend about Skyrim, when I told him the game was going to be over hyped, and just a engine showcase. He basically left for 5 minutes, came back, I apoligized, he accepted, we are still friends.

Still think Skyrim will suck.

Never forget.

bluesession

Sep 8, 2008
I LOVE Red Alert 3 but most people think it sucks...

I consider it one of the best RTS ever made. Thats how much I love it.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I really like playing The Sims 3, I find it really relaxing. Most people just laugh in your face if you say anything though.

busters

Aug 5, 2011
Killer7 and Second Sight. They have their faults and I can see why other people don't like them, but they're some of my favorite games of all time.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
The CoD franchise.
Both Kane and Lynch games(Seriously. I fucking love them).
The Armored Core series.

And a whole list of games that I won't bother trying to remember.