Have you ever not beaten a game legitimately.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
My first time through a game I'll play legitimately. Any subsequent playthroughs, though, I'll mod or cheat the crap out of 'em. Because usually at that point in time I'm playing just to mess around or maybe see plot points that I missed the first time, so I'm less interested in the gameplay itself.

G-M0N3Y

Jul 8, 2010
"All your base are belong to us"
It got me through Warcraft 3 just so I could learn the story. I mean to go back some day and beat it legitimately but have yet to do so.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Borderlands, Crawmerax the Invincible. Solo. Yes, I'm pretty persistent. Yes, I'm also really lonely.
That thing cannot, I repeat, cannot be killed solo unless you have very serious custom-modded weapons. And even then, it was probably my greatest videogame accomplishment ever. It was so mindfuckingly hard that cheating might as well be an official part of the mission.

Bajinga

Jun 11, 2011
I usually play a game for a while. If I get stuck and I see no motivation to get to the next place, I'll cheat, but probably stop playing the game soon after.
Other games I that I really enjoy, I will never cheat on, and I complete them.

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
The first time I played KotOR, I used a couple cheats on the first run through. Basically I just used turbo, invincibility to get past a couple of the hardest encounters, and the morality bender cheat (though that one was mainly for fun to see the effects of making individuals in my party evil or good).

Also, I accidentally the infinite money exploit so I could buy all the houses in Oblivion. Though I was only doing that because I wanted to see all the houses before deleting that character, because I botched my leveling by thinking those bonuses next to attributes at the level-up screen were the bonuses I'd already received for that level up, so I just selected ones with no bonuses next to them. Woops.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Well there are many: Super Mario 3, Ninja Turtles, Mike Tysons Punch out, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Acadamy, Rougue Squadren, Rogue leader, Naboo startfighter, Rebel Strike, Goldeneye(the last 2 missions unlocked with cheats). That is all I can remember for now lol, oh wait, all the Age of Empires games lol

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
I never completed San Andreas without using cheats, mainly because I could and couldn't be bothered to get the lung capacity, I REGRET NOTHING.

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
I had to exploit a glitch in the climbing portion of the raising water section in the last level of Psychonauts, but that game loves randomly taking away your double jump when you leap off of something, so I call it fair.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Yes. God Hand (invincibility)
At one point it was whether I would finish the game using cheats or not finish the game at all...

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
Oh and Oblivion. I used the Command Console to turn my character into a veritable super man. Ended up regretting it though because the game got really boring after that.
I did that with my first play-through on Morrowind. I was about 14 and got the game of the year edition, with the construction set included. I basically made my guy invinclble. So the whole game didn't have a single challenge. I really regret it now, because whenever I go back to it without any mods, I feel frustrated. Like, "Why can I only jump 3 feet in the air, instead of 500? Why am I running at 3 mph, instead of 60?"

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Does using a rouge in Dragon Age Origins count as cheating?
Does using the trow button over and over again in Soul Calibur 4 count as a cheat?
Does Spamming Title Wave in Tales OF Vesperia count as a glitch?
Here's a serious one, what do you say about using wikis or strategy guides, or how about Achievement Hunter?

For the most part I try not to use cheats or glitches.
I'm not against looking up guides for tricky achievements or using wikis for finding all the sidequests and what not.
Hell I even "Beat" The Sims 2 with out ever using a cheat code.

Unless you count guides and noob tactics as cheating there's never been a game that I haven't been able to beat legitimately.

EDIT: there was GTA San Andreas but I chose to stop playing that before the end.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I'm an old cheat fiend. Back in the days, when a lot of games had cheats, I would cheat my ass off. It was fun, running through a game with everything at your disposal, like some kind of god. But you can't do that anymore. Like Bayonetta, for instance. I would have loved to have cheated my way through Bayonetta. Or Dante's Inferno. Which completely fails to bring me to a second point, about glitched cheats.

TheGreatKlaid said:
Legend of Dragoon I was 10 and got a gameshark for christmas, I went nuts and put it on all my games. I went back and beat the others but I still can't beat *spoiler warning* Melbu Frahma fairly.
Like the infinite money cheat here, which broke your inventory, and made it so that you couldn't sell anything. Or Big Head Mode in Mission: Impossible on the N64, where you rode in on a boat that had an invisible ceiling halfway into the intro cinematic, which your giant head clanged against, knocking you off the boat, and instakilling you in the river. Oh, the lulz.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Only one I can think of at the moment is The Sims. Used the money cheat like crazy and built awesome houses... You can't exactly beat that game though. Used the gun/police cheats in GTA VC/SA all the times, but I've never finished the games. I just enjoyed riding around on my motorcycle and cause mayhem.
Also use Gamefaqs whenever I get stuck in a game. Some people consider that cheating.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
I guess it would be every game I haven't beaten. Actually I did use cheats to beat Timesplitters on hard mode.

FireFenix

Jan 27, 2011
i play most games without cheats, unles we are talking strategy games... they are just soooo boring to play through! for example: starcraft 1 and 2, heroes of might and magic 3-5 (not TotE), warcraft 3 and so forth. i've never cheated in any DoW game though, but they tend to be faster and more enjoyable, plus i don't know any cheats for them...