Have you ever traded in a game then really regretted it?

AdmanUK

Mar 27, 2009
I have done this a few times now, to the point I won't let myself trade in a game until I have given it three days thought. The worst one I ever did was Elder Scrolls: Oblivion though, I have regretted since about a week after I did it, which was a year ago.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
I've never actually traded in a game; not even that horrid game Dark Sector that I bought full price, day one. I bought it, I'll keep it, regardless of the quality.

TheEngineer

Feb 17, 2010
Modern Warfare 2... None of my friends could get the game at the time and i was fed up with the multiplayer. The following week I wanted to play it soo bad and all my friends were playing it.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
I never trade in my games. I only get games after making sure they'll be worth my money, so I never have cause to trade them in.

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
The Two Towers and Return Of The King games for the PS2.

Ended up buying them again a few years later. :D

Blights

Feb 16, 2009
Atelier Iris 2.
Only good RPG I had on the PS2 apart from Dark Chronicle.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I traded in all my GameCube games... that means Animal Crossing, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Super Mario Sunshine, and Pikmin. I really wish I didn't do that...

Nebr66

Aug 8, 2008
I can't remember what the game was called but I gave it to a friend of mine for some reason, probably because I was stuck or something and didn't want to try any more. a couple of years later I traded back for it because I really wanted to play it.

The Lawn

Apr 11, 2008
I traded in Rogue Squadron for the GC, because I pretty much beat it 100% to the point it was boring.
But then a month later I really wanted to play it again, so I regretted for the time it took to get to Gamestop.
But upon arrival, when I noticed that it was $5 cheaper than the price I sold it for, the regret faded.

AdmanUK

Mar 27, 2009
The Lawn said:
I traded in Rogue Squadron for the GC, because I pretty much beat it 100% to the point it was boring.
But then a month later I really wanted to play it again, so I regretted for the time it took to get to Gamestop.
But upon arrival, when I noticed that it was $5 cheaper than the price I sold it for, the regret faded.
WIN

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
YES! i traded in Gear of War 1 before i killed RAAM cause i got frusrated and didnt reaaly care, also Call of Duty 2,
But i was resently able to buy used copies of both of those. (GoW= ~$10, CoD2= ~$15)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
All of them. I don't like trading in games, I like going back to them after a year or two.

Although I don't regret trading in DMC4, that was horrible.

Hellion25

May 28, 2008
I once traded in my Megadrive, Saturn and N64 with a load of games for about £120. Complete ripoff and there were a few gems in that collection that I had to refind again, including Vagrant Story, Comix Zone (with the CD), Soleil and a bunch of others.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Mr. Mike said:
I never trade in my games. I only get games after making sure they'll be worth my money, so I never have cause to trade them in.
Between this and the fact that I can't really trade in games I buy on Steam...

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
This is why I don't trade in games anymore. I've often regretted trading in games later.

Now I keep them all. And they are a stackin up. But, now I don't ever re-buy games. I figure the money I save from re-buying games makes up for the loss in trade ins.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Here, it really annoys me. I trade in games a lot to be honest. Now i'm pissed off at myself, i'm only 15 and my parents aren't very fond of my gaming habit and never buy me anything so the only way to get new games is to get presents/christmas/birthday or trade in other games.

:( I'm gonna try and not trade in games anymore now and try and convice my parents to buy me stuff...