Have you ever won something?

Vanorae

Oct 5, 2011
I got to third place in a poetry competition when I was in school. I don't know why though, my entry was terrible. That's about it.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I entered a contest to win a Gameboy pocket some Pokemon games for Kids WB back in the day. I got a runner up prize, which was a transparent super ball with a Pikachu figure in the middle.

Also I won a 3DS from a Stack 'Ems machine. This particular machine only needed on quarter so I thought, why the hell not? After I had won, I accidentally chose the wrong prize, some Beats by Dre headphones, but the guy managing the place was nice enough to let me switch it for the 3DS instead.

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
I won an album from a contest that MetalSucks regularly runs. I was extremely proud of that, and not just because I cheated (the contest is to read an extremely stylized metal band logo. Oftentimes you can just reverse image search the logo and find a description of the band in question). I will always cherish that CD.

I also won a free album from a Facebook contest a label I know was running, but that's a smaller achievement in my eyes.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I'm quite possibly one of the unluckiest people you'll ever meet, so I don't bother with anything like that because I know I'll never win. People have put the lottery on for me a few times and nothing.

When I was a kid, my mum put my name forward on a competition to win a stack of Disney picture books with a blue Mickey Mouse shelf thing and I won. I was over the moon!

One of my friends is insanely lucky. He goes on those slot machines websites and always wins £100/1000s each time ;_;

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Two years ago I won a fencing tournament that involved about seven universities, I got a neat little trophy and an ornate fencing rapier for winning. That's the only real competition/contest I've actually won, but I'm proud of myself either way.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.310972-Escape-from-Nightmare-Mansion-Win-an-XBOX-360-with-Kinect

I keep the "Survivor of Nightmares" badge in my profile as a thank you to Ze Escapist for my bitchin awesome 360 and my less bitchin awesome (but still appreciated) Kinect.

This is the biggest thing I've ever won so it's not QUITE up to par with 30K but I'm still happy with it.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I won a motherboard from WarCry several months ago, and it's sitting with a few other parts that I'm slowly buying for a PC that I'm going to build eventually.

Other than that, not so much.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
I won 1st place at a lot of dance competitions in the hip hop categories back when I had a team and was really into it. Plus it was easy since my studio's concepts were unique and got the rep for it, dance studios rarely ever compete in hip hop categories and when they do its the unoriginal "Go up there, simply shake your ass, win" number. It usually wins unless we're there... unfortunately.

I wouldn't call this winning per say but I waited in a line for 3-4hrs to get my copy of MGS Peace Walker signed by Hideo Kojima. I even got to shake that psychopaths hand.
Ah screw it, that's a win in my book.