Have you had your fill of creepy yet today?

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
Then I probably wouldn't click on this link. [http://www.observer.com/2011/12/new-york-investment-banker-sends-1615-word-email-re-you-leading-him-on-during-your-date-together/] Contained within is an email from Mike the investment banker, sent to Lauren, who he'd been on a date with. Apparently Lauren didn't want to go on a second date, and communicated this fact by not returning calls and messages. So Mike, being the crazy bastard he is, decided to find her email address, and communicate to her, in 1600 words, how she was leading him on during the date, and how it was therefore wrong of her not to go on a second date with him. I really don't think I need to say more.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
I've had my daily dose of creepy today. Thanks for he offer. I watched something yesterday actually that overflowed to today on creepiness.

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
usmarine4160 said:
AndyFromMonday said:
Good job media and internet. You've managed to make a socially awkward dude even more awkward.
Hey, he put it on the internet in the first place. Anything put on the internet is open game for everyone to mock mercilessly.

I believe that's the 1st law of the internet ;)
Also, he's an investment banker. No one cares about them.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
usmarine4160 said:
Hey, he put it on the internet in the first place. Anything put on the internet is open game for everyone to mock mercilessly.

Don't get me wrong, it's funny, but if he's not going to kill himself after seeing this then he's stronger than me.

CatsAttackAgain

Jul 14, 2010
I don't see what the problem is. I'm sure after they both go to the orchestra (alone) they can go back to his apartment and count who has the most heads on their wall.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
Poor guy...poor poor creepy guy.

Don't mean to be a dick (I realise I still am being a dick) but he can't have done well at all socially at school :/.

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
usmarine4160 said:
AndyFromMonday said:
Good job media and internet. You've managed to make a socially awkward dude even more awkward.

*Edit 1: Halfway through this passive-aggressive email, at this point I think she should invest in some high quality OC spray.

*Edit 2: Ok, maybe a gun... http://www.observer.com/2011/12/is-mike-the-investment-banker-a-serial-email-stalker/
I think a nice restraining order will be all Mr Bateman-light here needs. Maybe some lessons on why his dating technique hasn't been successful so far.

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Damn, son. I can see why you'd be a bit put out if someone didn't return your messages after a first date, but that is an overreaction and a half. Going so far as to list why exactly he felt led on... yeah, that is rather creepy.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
agentorange98 said:
I don't get the point of posting this
It's a culture thing. Examples of what is 'wrong' according to the culture highlight what is 'right' according to it, and foster a feeling of inclusion among members. Humans do this sort of thing.

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
agentorange98 said:
I can honestly say the same for most of the repeat threads posted in this forum. At the very least I have brought something novel to the table.

agentorange98

Aug 30, 2011
conflictofinterests said:
agentorange98 said:
It's a culture thing. Examples of what is 'wrong' according to the culture highlight what is 'right' according to it, and foster a feeling of inclusion among members. Humans do this sort of thing.
Huh, most informative Hu-man, this planet Huston of yours intrigues me

agentorange98

Aug 30, 2011
theflyingpeanut said:
agentorange98 said:
I can honestly say the same for most of the repeat threads posted in this forum. At the very least I have brought something novel to the table.
I just meant in a why are you showing it to us kind of way, like I don't have any context for it or anything like that idk it's prolly just me

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
AndyFromMonday said:
This is the kind of person who is going to end up sexually assaulting someone without even realizing it. That might sound like a joke, but it happens and it's exactly this kind of person.

I know we're all geeks here, and that naturally gives us a degree of sympathy for people who display similar socially awkward traits. But come on, this is bad.. we can all see that right? If nothing else, stalking is a serious issue (in fact, it may well be a separate offence in the UK within the next couple of years). If you can't have a little contempt for someone who treats other people like shit in an effort to guilt trip or blackmail them into sex with him, then who can you have contempt for?

The internet is fickle. For all we know, "Mike" may not even exist and the email could be a forgery. But this is fucking horrible, and if by laughing at it we temporarily inconvenience a guy who claims to earn multi-millions of dollars for a firm his parents own, I have to say I don't feel terribly bad about that.

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
agentorange98 said:
theflyingpeanut said:
agentorange98 said:
I just meant in a why are you showing it to us kind of way, like I don't have any context for it or anything like that idk it's prolly just me
Ah. Well, I like to share creepy things with people. Nothing like spreading that discomfort around.

Alphonse_Lamperouge

Oct 19, 2011
hey if nothing else else, by comparison i come off looking like Brad Pitt wearing a studded diamond g-string, am-i-right-ladieeeess?

but seriously, this guy needs some help. of the clenched fist to the neck kind.