Have you lost your faith in humanity?

OddOzZy666

Jul 3, 2008
As soon as stereotyping, health and safety znd PETA appeared, my faith in humanity burnt like cheap firewood

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
How can you lose faith in humanity when there wasn't any faith in them to begin with.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
NekoiHiokans said:
And before you ask, I did search...and all I found was a topic back from December. Which didn't relate.

SNIP

I lost my faith in humanity that day, cause they turned something innocent into something false and hurtful...I also tracked the rumor back to my cousin's bf...let's just say that they aren't dating anymore.
A lot of people like to believe that they are basically good. Looking at the world we live in I think it's better to say that humanity is inherently evil.

To answer your question I've never had faith in humanity to lose. Not to get all religious but to quote a Bible verse: "No one is good, no not one." And I've never seen anything to contradict this view. Even "good" people will have their flaws. We are after all, only human.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I lost my faith in humanity a long time ago. Now I just use Yahtzee's method and assume everything is shit until it can prove itself otherwise

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
People piss me off, and I am more suspicious of most people than I let onto, but I've no idea what it would be like to lose my faith in humanity; wouldn't that be like making yourself some kind of mountain-hermit?

Anyway, it's people expectation that we are anything more than animals which leads people to believe they've 'lost faith' in humanity. In my opinion, everything can be traced back to some sort of instinct for survival or breeding; and from my experience it's mostly the 'breeding' section which makes people foam at the mouth with irritation.

loremazd

Dec 20, 2008
Yeesh, you guys are gonna have ulcers by 25 if you keep up on this self loathing binge. Stop watching the news and go camping or something.

Symp4thy

Jan 7, 2009
I lost my faith in humanity after seeing all the stupidity and hate that is strewn all over the internet.

soladrin

Sep 9, 2007
how can you lose what you never had? I never had faith in, nor did i ever respect human life. We'r prolly gonna blow our selves up in a couple of years anyway.

I'm not saying im gonna be a murderer or anything like that, but i'm damn well not losing any sleep over all the shit thats happening around the world. I really couldn't care less.

That said, this is said as a total view on the human species, its not like i dont respect individuals.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
I slowly and surely lost my faith in humanity, rather than a quick, hurtful strike of depression like yours. I lost it by going to Humphrey Davy School for a large amount of time. In those years I saw displays of stupidity that made me pray that justice would bring some form of punishment. But then even that hope slowly dribbled away. It was in fashion, in Humphrey Davy school, to act as stupid, vulgar and loud as possible. They were all, by and large, fans of little Britain. And rap music, and football. If I never have too see another human being for the rest of my life, be stuck in my room for eternity with no human contact. At least I wouldn't have to meet such pathetic peer pressure led bastards ever again. Which is why I love video games so much :D.

Although that was easy to put up with, in comparison to what happened to you...

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
i finally lost my faith in humanity at the age of 15. i have no individual reason for it, but it was at that point that i just stopped caring about what happened to it.

surprisingly, now that i think like this, i feel much better then i used to.

Rayath

Jul 23, 2008
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi
Indian political and spiritual leader (1869 - 1948)

(EDIT: Deleted the rant after the initial anger attack.)

Flionk

Nov 5, 2007
OP: Yup, that sounds like high school. As any older gamer will tell you, high school is shit. College, if you go, is also shit, but it's a fair deal less shit than high school. And the working world is a crap-shoot that varies by company - why you could get lucky and find a job that's actually not shit at all!

As for the topic, humanity as a whole is a writhing mass of hatred and greed, but I try not to lose my faith in individual people. Sturgeon's law tells us that 90% of everything is shit, but it's often worth wading through that shit to find the 10% that's gold. It helps to be a good judge of character, which you can get better at with experience. Also, maintain healthy skepticism about people's motives until you get to know them, and keep in mind that most people have a variety of masks, and they may be suppressing their personalities around you.

I've had my own share of drama with friends who would act a certain way around me, but later turned out to be lying about themselves for one reason or another. They all happened in high school. That sort of restricted, closed system just weighs on people and exaggerates the importance of fitting in and making friends, at the expense of being yourself. It makes people latch on to the few common interests they have with their friends, while hiding the traits that would otherwise make them hate each other, and that's pure drama fuel right there.

I need to stop rambling. I'm barely out of college and I already feel old.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
i lost my faith in humanity around the 6th grade
it was then i realized all the people around me would gladly betray me to make me look like an idiot since then ive become very unsocial and dont talk to hardly anyone in the real world

Triple AD

Apr 1, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Lord Thodin said:
Julianking93 said:
Lord Thodin said:
Ok so high school sucks and your life just shifted from ONE best friend to the next. However i lost my faith in humanity once i saw the way religion had affected a friend of mine
Please elaborate, this sounds like a fun story :D

I hate how religion twists people.
SNIP
Z'at vas good!!

But this is really creepy. This happened to me a few weeks ago. A good friend of mine (not best friend but still a good friend) slept over at my house. Every thing went normally until breakfast. He was up much earlier than I or anyone else in my family was and was dressed up like he was going somewhere. I asked him, "Dude what the fuck are you doing?" He replied with, "Getting ready!" in an innocent tone as if this was normal and I was out of my mind to think otherwise.

Well after about an hour he complained to my mom. He said, and I quote, "Excuse me, Ms. Mercer, when will we be going to service?"

Well my mom didn't know what the fuck he was talking about, so she asked him. "I mean church. When will we be off for church?" Thinking he was joking, my mom laughed it off and walked away, setting out plates for breakfast.

Thats when the shit hit the fan.

He began, and I shit you not, crying. It started as just a few tears like he got something in his eye, but then he was on the floor bawling because we weren't going to fucking sunday service!

He then demanded a phone to call his parents.

When he left, and I will never forget this, he said, "I'm sorry, but I cannot be around someone who doesn't worship the lord. Don't ever speak to me again until you have accepted God in your life." then, he drove off with his parents.

I was dumb struck. I had just lost a friend over God?

That was really the breaking point for me. I was always an atheist but that really did it for me. I don't want to sound like an asshole but that was the day I declared all religions to be nothing but shit. All they do is control people and brainwash them into fearing their false prophets.
God that is sad I really feel sorry for you, I mean I'm a christian but my friends are my friends after all

googleboy

Lost in Space
Jul 27, 2009
I was in a one year relationship which ultimately ended quite badly, the way most high school relationships do. I found out in the days that followed, that the entire relationship had been a ploy to get my best friend into a relationship with my ex's best friend. From that day on, I have decided that humanity can go F*%^ itself!