Hayter To Work on Metal Gear Solid Movie?

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
HobbesMkii said:
I dunno. I mean, yah, he wrote X1, which was fine. And co-wrote X2, which was okay. I'm glad he wasn't involved with X3. But he also wrote The Scorpion King. And we'll never get to see what his version of Watchmen was like, because Alex Tse nixed a good deal of it (despite Moore's endorsement of it). It's like you drawing a picture of a Boeing, and the next guy coming along and going "Oh, great idea, a jumbo jet!" and drawing an AirBus. Same stadium, different sport.

I think they should probably put him on with Kojima (who, by many reports, seems to be some sort of narrative genius) and hack something out. Kojima's all about the West nowadays, I'll bet he'd come up with some sort of great fusion of Japanese and American storytelling.
Considering the film would be all about making money, I don't think Kojima would be involved, because anyone who isn't a Kojima fan wouldn't know what the hell is going on.

I guess if he calms down, he would probably get something solid out (and I guess all they need to do is to aim at the fans, there are enough of them), but I would be confident with Hayter doing the screenplay, I mean he did an adaptation of Watchmen, and Alan Moore bloody liked it. He said he would never see it, but also said it's the closest anyone would get to Watchmen. I hate to say it, but that fills me with blind confidence on this one.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Aries_Split said:
Wouldukindly said:
xitel said:
As long as Kojima isn't allowed to write the screenplay himself, we may have a chance of understanding what the hell is going on!
Agreed, maybe we can get a movie that doesn't cite 'nanomachines' in the same way monster B-movies in the 50s cited 'radiation'.
GAMER:Why did that happen?
KOJIMA:NANOMACHINES!
GAMER:That doesn't make sense!
KOJIMA:YOURS IS NOT TO ASK WHY!
KOJIMA: IT'S CALLED SCIENCE AND THE POTENTIAL FUTURE! DEAL WITH IT!

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
xitel said:
As long as Kojima isn't allowed to write the screenplay himself, we may have a chance of understanding what the hell is going on!
Kojima writing the screenplay himself kind of defeats the point of Hayter working on the project...

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
At least they would have someone who actually knows about the games story and not someone who just makes a generic action spy flick and copy-pastes the game character names into it.

Hurricane_5

Sep 7, 2008
I've heard that he's thinking about it, but apparently one of the producers or directors is having personal conflicts with people of different countries. Why all the racism?