HD Re-release: What game do you want re-released the most?

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Cheesepower5 said:
Happiness Assassin said:
Maxtro said:

It's arguably the best JRPG ever made.

Give it FF XIII quality graphics, a great voice cast, and everybody will praise it like they should.
I thought they did a remake of that for the DS. I played it and hated, but then I guess I am in the minority as everyone tells me it was AMAZING.
What you played was a remake of Final Fantasy III for the Famicom. Final Fantasy III on the SNES is the North American release of what is actually Final Fantasy VI. The GBA and PS1 versions correct that.
Thanks for clearing that up. It always felt like the game that people were describing to me was completely off from what I played.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
Maxtro said:

Give it FF XIII quality graphics, a great voice cast, and everybody will praise it like they should.
That would be fantastic. But I don't think that present day Square-Enix are up to the job.

My own picks:

GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Final Fantasy X
Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
only this game.
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/box/1/0/2/96102_41526_front.jpg

The best civ game to exist.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
ascorbius said:
Outcast using the Cry Engine.

Such an awesome game, deserves a second chance.
You might actually get that. Ok yeah, Open Outcast [http://www.openoutcast.org/wp/] is an unofficial sequel, rather than a remake, and development progress is really slow, but it's something.

Paragon Fury said:
Also, Oni happens to be a better Ghost in the Shell than the GiTS games....despite not being a GiTS game.
Sadly, it's IMO still not actually a good GiTS game.

Oh, I completely agree with the comment about it being better than the actual GiTS games and Oni is very much a good game, just not anywhere near my dream GiTS game. Then again, no other game gets there either. Deus Ex HR gets closest out of all the games I know and that is still way off.

Anyway, I suppose I should add something the thread, so:

Silent Hill 2: because the one that exists doesn't count
Sacrifice: had great creature and world design that would benefit a lot from improved detail
Rogue Galaxy: cell-shaded just looks snazier in HD
System Shock 2: was not a looker in its day to begin with

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Maybe we should be calling less for HD re-releases and more HD remakes. Because of all the HD versions of old games, the only one that has looked any better is Halo Anniversary edition. Everything else has had a resolution chance and NOTHING ELSE. Because until games get a graphical update, there is no point in buying an old game for new price just to play it on a different console.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I'd like to see Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Not with ugly chibi graphics like Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Just touched up so they aren't so blurry. I think that'd be a pretty splendifirous thing to do.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Happiness Assassin said:
Cheesepower5 said:
Happiness Assassin said:
Maxtro said:

I thought they did a remake of that for the DS. I played it and hated, but then I guess I am in the minority as everyone tells me it was AMAZING.
What you played was a remake of Final Fantasy III for the Famicom. Final Fantasy III on the SNES is the North American release of what is actually Final Fantasy VI. The GBA and PS1 versions correct that.
Thanks for clearing that up. It always felt like the game that people were describing to me was completely off from what I played.
Yeah a long time ago, Squaresoft used the wrong number systems for the English versions of FF IV and FF VI.

FF IV was called Final Fantasy 2 and FF VI was called Final Fantasy III. Square thankfully went to the correct numbering system with VII on the PSX.

If you haven't played VI (SNES 3) you really should as it is an amazing game.

Though it does show its age. Probably the best version is the GBA one as it has the most accurate translation and some bug fixes.

Hopefully there will be a remake, and people who like RPG's but aren't aware of the past ones, can know what they missed.

TechnoRaven

Mar 10, 2012
Advance wars.

I have a major lack of murdering my own allys when i should be killing enemys.

This NEEDS to be fixed.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
ten.to.ten said:
Morrowind using the Skyrim engine perhaps?
Dude, totally this. I'd love to see this happen.

Other then that, all the games I wanted to get them already have.

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
Gizmo1990 said:
Hd re-release would be Final Fantasy X. SE say they are working on it so it should be out December 2052.
HD Remake would be Final Fantasy IX. New visuals, give the cast voices but DO NOT change the story or gameplay. There is no amount of money I would not pay for that.
Voice acting in FF IX?? No, no, no! That game actually had a pretty funny script, and there is NO WAY SquareEnix will be able to hire decent enough actors to ever pull that off.

But yeah FFVII to FFIX as HD remakes would definitely get my money. The biggest improvement would be in character models, especially FFVII. I would keep the prerendered backgrounds, maybe polish them somewhat of course. But overall it is important to keep most of it intact and not destroy the overall tone and feel of the games. They should look at Capcom's Resident Evil remake on the Gamecube for a reference on how to do a proper HD remake.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see Resi 2 and 3 remade in the same way as the first one. I'd also shell out quite a few bucks to get a proper Silent Hill HD collection. I'd kill to get my hands on a HD remake of the first game. That game is such a classic, but the graphics has not aged well at all (which is the case with most PS1 3D games). A HD remake of the original WipEout trilogy would also be AWESOME.

We also need HD versions of FFX and FFXII.

But the most important ones of all... HD remakes of the Metroid Prime trilogy. I'm wetting my past just thinking about it!

Sir Pootis

Aug 4, 2012
Thinking about it, an Ape Escape compilation would be brilliant. The games had smooth controls (until you rode a vehicle), quirky set-pieces and fun gameplay. The last Ape Escape game was a remake of the first, exclusive to Playstation Move. I'd love to see these games remastered, and done right.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
chozo_hybrid said:
The Legacy of Kain series.

Such a huge story, having all five games in one collection could justify a decent release price for an HD re-release, plus I just want them to look good on my HDTV.

The worl of Nosgoth is so interesting and they created such a history for it, it'd be a shame for people who have never played the games to miss out.
This.

OT: Legacy of Kain, FEAR, System Shock 2 and Thief 1-3. However, for Thief 3 I really wish a remake. Keep the story, bring back the rope arrows, make the areas larger and with many more possibilities for accomplishing objectives.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Seeing how successful xcom was, I hope they'll get to jagged alliance 2 next and we'll see a resurgence of western turn based strategy games.

Auron

Mar 28, 2009
I'd like the HD re-releases to spill over the PC versions that's what I'd like. We didn't even get the remastered Crysis 1.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Tie Fighter. Playing this game even for a little bit should be a goddamn requirement for future generations so they can appreciate just how awesome it is.

Get it to work on modern computers without having to jump through hoops with DOSBox, give the visuals a modern-day facelift and update the soundtrack with a fully orchestrated version, all while retaining the same gameplay mechanics. It would be a dream come true.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Timesplitters but not an HD re-release, I already have that on my PC, I want a remake like the Perfect Dark remake (where they change textures and models for better looking ones) or even better, the Halo Anniversary remake where you can play the original or the new one on the press of a button.

Some of these new re-releases are fucking sad, the Hitman one is just making sure that it runs in widescreen with a higher resolution. Its basicly what the PC version already had all along.

Tropicaz

Aug 7, 2012
Gizmo1990 said:
Hd re-release would be Final Fantasy X. SE say they are working on it so it should be out December 2052.
HD Remake would be Final Fantasy IX. New visuals, give the cast voices but DO NOT change the story or gameplay. There is no amount of money I would not pay for that.
I like the way this guy thinks. I'd agree utterly with this, I'd pay so much for FFIX updated.

Also, with 'gameplay' changes, a 3d Pokemon. Everyone wants a 3d pokemon game, and there's a good effort been made at 3d gold by a guy, but a proper hd version of Pokemon in 3d? That'd make me buy a WiiU or whatever platform it was on.