Hearthstone Devs Want to Be More Open, But Are Worried About Harrasment

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Maybe they shouldn't have gone out dressed like that if they didnt want to look like they were asking for it.

Oh Oops, wrong debate! They all start to blur together after a while. Hard to distinguish.

MoltenSilver

Feb 21, 2013
Oh what a bullshit excuse. I'm not trying to underplay how severe I think online harassment is, but in this specific case:
1. You're not a teenager posting selfies on Facebook, you're a god damned corporation who has to do it if you want to not have your game crash and burn.
2. After all this time, I find it impossible to believe this isn't a lie just concocted to not have to deal with the hugely-neglected state of the game rather than legitimate fears of harassment.
3. Again, you're a corporation, post as 'the team' or something.
4. Most egregious of all, not only are you a corporation, you're a corporation where your peers in the same bloody corporation DO interact with the communities and keep them informed on the state of the game, what's your excuse?

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Zacharious-khan said:
Sounds like a poor excuse. This kind of 'harassment' is a joke.
It's also just a game, yet the balance triggers so many people, players should stop being such little cry babies, games are meant to be fun, like death threats.

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
Daymo said:
Zacharious-khan said:
Sounds like a poor excuse. This kind of 'harassment' is a joke.
It's also just a game, yet the balance triggers so many people, players should stop being such little cry babies, games are meant to be fun, like death threats.
The problem is that with these kinds of games, one person's fun could change very easily because of how they balance things. A control deck that someone has been building, learning, and crafting on their own; suddenly that's a complete waste of cards with the drop of one expansion or some patches. This person is suddenly forced to have fun a different way or have sub-par fun.

It's why people get so wrapped up in these games(Card games, Mobas, certain shooters). Does this make the harassment okay? No but I can understand why people would make angry responses towards the devs if they see what was fun for them killed off.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
I get what Blizzard is saying here. Taking a look at the forums for Overwatch now that Raodhog's Hook is getting fixed (no more hooking through walls), Blizzard doesn't need the salt.

That being said, being as closed up as Blizzard is with things only bolsters the anger. Its a Catch 22.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I call bullshit. Looking at what the Overwatch devs do for communication, it's sort of crazy to think that they're part of the same company. Welcome to the internet. If you're a public figure, you're going to get shit on a lot. There's really no getting around that and it's going to happen regardless of how well liked you are. It sucks, I know, but when other people/companies are dealing with the same shit and still doing a much better job, I don't consider this to be a valid excuse at all.
AzrealMaximillion said:
I get what Blizzard is saying here. Taking a look at the forums for Overwatch now that Raodhog's Hook is getting fixed (no more hooking through walls), Blizzard doesn't need the salt.

That being said, being as closed up as Blizzard is with things only bolsters the anger. Its a Catch 22.
If I were you, I'd just never go to the Official Blizzard forums. Pretty sure they use Reddit more now anyway. The official forums are an absolute cesspool and I wouldn't be surprised if the devs barely look at it. The Subreddits certainly aren't anywhere close to perfect, but at least there's more constructive criticism and not "WHY U RUIN TRACER WITH GAY!"

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
The fact that is even a concern for them show just how prolific that dumb but vocal minority of the internet is.