Heavenly Sword CG Movie On The Way

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MrBrightside919 said:
I don't care about a Heavenly Sword CG Movie...

What I DO care about is a ReBOOT CG Movie...
*sigh*

Unfortunately, they've been saying they're working on a ReBoot movie since 2008. It used to be a trilogy, even.

They're too busy making Barbie movies, apparently.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not referring to Heavenly Sword, but actual Barbie movies.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 2, 2010
I know it wasn't an absolutely fabulous game, but I could actually see Heavenly Sword making a pretty good over the top Martial Arts flick in the style of Hero or House of Flying Daggers. Shame it wouldn't have Andy Serkis in it, though; he was one of my favourite parts of that game.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
Though I'm not too bothered about a movie of it being made and it's doubtful I'll watch it, I actually quite liked the game and it has some of the best facial animation I've ever seen.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I just hope this will be better than the other stuff Rainmaker has done since they changed the name from Mainframe to Rainmaker. If you look at their modern filmography, it's full of stuff like the CGI Barbie movies and those crappy Scary Godmother specials. Really a shame for the place that brought us Beast Wars and Reboot.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
I really liked Heavenly Sword. I didn't ask for this movie, but I am glad someone wants to make it. I'm going to watch the hell out of this.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
People still remember this game and care enough for them to make a film out of it?
Granted I do admit that the advert of the game was impressive cos the visual made it look like it wasn't a game (game graphic) or was that a lie (the text below the ad say it was the ingame engine or something like that)?

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
MrBrightside919 said:
I don't care about a Heavenly Sword CG Movie...

What I DO care about is a ReBOOT CG Movie...
*sigh*

Unfortunately, they've been saying they're working on a ReBoot movie since 2008. It used to be a trilogy, even.

They're too busy making Barbie movies, apparently.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not referring to Heavenly Sword, but actual Barbie movies.
One day...one day it will return...

AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
If this turns out to be as faithfull to the game as possible, then it should be fairly easy to sit.through.

Until you get to the climax, where the only way to see how it ends is to break every single one of your toes with a ball-peen hammer.

TimeCruiserMike

Oct 1, 2009
I think it's important to point out that the guys who made ReBoot don't work for Rainmaker. They're off doing their own shit now. Rainmaker just owns the rights to ReBoot after buying Mainframe entertainment.

This is like if I said the guys who made Star Wars are making Guardians of the Galaxy.

Nowhere Man

Mar 10, 2013
Sometimes I feel like the only person who actually likes this game. Good to know that there's at least a couple of us out there. Sure, bring on the movie. Too bad Andy Serkis won't be involved though

The

Jan 24, 2012
josh4president said:
I never asked for this

Did *ANYONE* ask for this?
I do believe a few people asked for a Deus Ex movie. They were supposed to be making one...

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Wow sounds great! I am one of a few people who really enjoyed the game!! It's something I'd like to call: Flawed perfection.
The story is cheesy, but the characters are enjoyable, unique and memorable. The gameplay is simple but it works.
And the voice acting and facial expressions... damn! Music too, amazing!