Heavy Rain's Intro Leaked

hansari

May 31, 2009
Programmed_For_Damage said:
jebbo said:
It could be pants, it could be a broken mess or worse (in the eyes of what it's trying to achieve) just have a terrible story. I really hope not and I hope it does become a defining moment or at least something people remember, and hey if its popular then maybe we will see the start of a new genre...
The story to Fahrenheit was brilliant until it went batshit bananas about three quarters of the way through. It also seems to "control" the same way Fahrenheit did which was a more intuitive slant on the QTE.
I think it will be one of those niche games where it is loved by a group of the gaming community but shunned by the mainstream.
God, I hope it doesn't turn out that way...not again.

I mean, one moment its brilliant. I'm alone in a restroom trying to cover up a murder scene...

the next moment, I'm playing simon says to stop myself from confessing to the cop in my apartment. And then Kungfu matrix...ugh...So much to love with that game...so innovative, and so bs...

Heavy Rain looks to be better though...makes me wanna buy a ps3...

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
John Funk said:
The Heavy Rain demo is scheduled to come out next week, so we'll be able to see if it lives up to everything Quantic has promised it will be.
HOLY SHIT HOW DID i NOT KNOW THIS@!?!?!?!

Ehem, excuse me.

Yay.

I am heavily excited for Heavy Rain (har har) and I really like that intro. It sets the mood for the entire game, very much like a film, but all the more sweeter.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Whoa, it takes place in Liberty City! I can see Roman calling Niko to bum a ride to see BEEG AMARICUN TEETEES in the back there.

And it's an intro, and the release date is soon so I'm sure it was "leaked" *wink wink* rather than acutally leaked.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Wow. Despite all of my ragging on about how similar this game seems to be to the epic failure that was Indigo Prophecy... I have to admit that this intro sequence might have come close to convincing me to get this game... wow... so... if I do get it, I hope they don't screw the pooch in the story department like they did in Indigo Prophecy...

Grampy_bone

Mar 12, 2008
Based on Quantic Dream's success (or lack thereof) I don't think this "game" will be any good. I mean, calling something an interactive movie is usually considered a bad thing. Are any of you even old enough to remember the FMV adventure games of the 90's? They weren't successful, and with good reason.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Outlaw Torn said:
Will the sequel be called 'Persistent Gale'?
I see what you did there....

OT: I can't wait for this game, it stands out from all these fps out there.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
God damn, does this look absolutely beautiful. I'm starting to have really high hopes for this one.

Grampy_bone said:
Based on Quantic Dream's success (or lack thereof) I don't think this "game" will be any good. I mean, calling something an interactive movie is usually considered a bad thing. Are any of you even old enough to remember the FMV adventure games of the 90's? They weren't successful, and with good reason.
Allow me to retort [http://pagesperso-orange.fr/animelist/fahrenheit.jpg].

Interactive movies are never a bad thing, and there were some really good ones back in the 90's. What makes them suck is when they're marketed as your general run-of-the-mill video game, and but it only features about 1-2 hours of gameplay squeezed into 60+ hours of cutscenes (Xenosaga, Metal Gear Solid 4, etc). But if the game was meant to be an interactive movie, and they pull it off right, then it's all good.

Seriously, play Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. It's really good.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
This is one of the reasons I finally bought a PS3 (Ratchet and Clank and God of War being the others) and after watching that, I'm so happy I did. Loved that music. as well.

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
Uhg. Someone have a PS3 that they're willing to trade for a barely used wii? CMOOOON.

That was an incredibly gorgeous cinematic.

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
does look like a freindlier GTA4, looks good though, except the birds stopping mid air at 1:33, top middle of the screen

A1

Jul 9, 2009
Zepren said:
For a game called "Heavy Rain", the rain in that looked pretty light to what we get round here..... (scotland btw)

On topic: You see as an Xbox 360 gamer, i've kinda let Heavy Rain pass me by. I thought maybe watching that would explain what it's all about...... erm it didn't lol. Looked like a more peaceful version on GTA

Now that's just petty. It isn't raining all that heavily in the trailer because at that point the trouble hasn't started yet. But as you can see the sky is cloudy. That's a bad omen.

A1

Jul 9, 2009
Programmed_For_Damage said:
jebbo said:
It could be pants, it could be a broken mess or worse (in the eyes of what it's trying to achieve) just have a terrible story. I really hope not and I hope it does become a defining moment or at least something people remember, and hey if its popular then maybe we will see the start of a new genre...
The story to Fahrenheit was brilliant until it went batshit bananas about three quarters of the way through. It also seems to "control" the same way Fahrenheit did which was a more intuitive slant on the QTE.
I think it will be one of those niche games where it is loved by a group of the gaming community but shunned by the mainstream.

Maybe. But it seems to me that Heavy Rain is the kind of game that can draw in people who ordinarily aren't into video games. Heavy Rain may be viewed by at least some people, maybe a lot of people, as a new kind of movie experience.

But at the very least I think it will have the backing of hardcore PS3 fans, of which there are a decent number to say the least.