Hellblade Not Tied to Heavenly Sword

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Zhukov said:
I can see why people would think it was connected. She even looks a bit like the kooky kid from Heavenly Sword, except all grown up and angsty. Given the ending to Heavenly Sword, I would have felt safe assuming this was a sequel.

Oh well, new IP is always welcome.

I shall eagerly await their next game, Purgatory's Dagger.
Following Purgatory's Dagger, Limbo Scabbard.
In that one, you take swards/blades/daggers from the enemy or from the battle field, the put them in the Scabbard to give them power. They break over time due to not being able to hold such power forever. Until you get the Limbo knife.

What is the difference between Knives and daggers again?
mysecondlife said:
So no twing twang? There better be som'a those twing twang's.
Twin Twang was the funnest thing they did with the dualshock 3's motion control. Wouldn't mind seeing it again. :)

Best of Luck Ninja Theory. Hope it's good.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Imp Emissary said:
Ohhh, ohhh, I can actually answer that!

In a nutshell, a knife is a tool designed to cut. A dagger is a weapon designed to stab.

More specifically, a knife has an asymmetrical blade with a single edge, is often serrated and does not necessarily have a point. A dagger has a symmetrical blade with an edge on both sides, is almost never serrated and always has a point.

Of course, each can serve the role of the other in a pinch and not all short blades will fit neatly into one category or the other, so the distinction is not all that useful.

And now you know.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Zhukov said:
Imp Emissary said:
Ohhh, ohhh, I can actually answer that!

In a nutshell, a knife is a tool designed to cut. A dagger is a weapon designed to stab.

More specifically, a knife has an asymmetrical blade with a single edge, is often serrated and does not necessarily have a point. A dagger has a symmetrical blade with an edge on both sides, is almost never serrated and always has a point.

Of course, each can serve the role of the other in a pinch and not all short blades will fit neatly into one category or the other, so the distinction is not all that useful.

And now you know.
Huh. Neat. Thanks Zhukov! :D

Thinking back to a few blades I've seen called Knife or Dagger, that makes sense.

;D It's great to learn.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Well, that's a shame. Here I thought a game I always felt was criminally underrated was going to get a sequel.

Turns out Ninja Theory just has no imagination when it comes to titling their games.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
Elijah Newton said:
I heard they were doing an atheist take on the i.p. but it vanished on completion.
Well, the whole 'cycle of rebirth' was yearly sequels.

Burchy22

Oct 1, 2012
Aww that is a real shame. After DmC I was kind of hoping this company had crashed and burned, oh well, maybe this time.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Zhukov said:
Possibly. Although you might be thinking of Lance of Hades.
It may actually have been Spork of Elysium. I often confuse the two. I don't think I've played LoH yet.
Don't forget about the spin-off game Nirvana's Shotgun, set in modern day Seattle.

Anyway ... will this have Andy Serkis? I like his stuff. Guy is good at what he does. More of it please.