Hellgate Beta Servers Up (With a twist)

Akimbo_Slice

Jun 1, 2011
I have already downloaded the client for Hellgates beta which comes out on the 30th but I was bored and clicked on it now, and it started playing a cinematic sequence about how the darkness came to be in their world, and the story of this little girl Jessica, which you see grown up later when the sequence ends. Then you go the a normal menu screen that says Multiplayer Game, Options, and Exit in a horizontal fashion with a cool background that supports the dark, dreary theme of the game. Once you click on Multiplayer it goes to a server selection screen with login information bars. There is only one server "Hellgate." I tried to log in, but here's the twist. I couldnt type anything in either the Username, or Password bar. So Im amusimg that we do have to wait until the 30th to play. I got my hopes up during the cinematic lol. It looks great and has some actual tension in it imo.

The_Decoy

Nov 22, 2009
Can I ask what hellgate actually is? The bell it rings for me is Hellgate:London, which sounded entirely awful (Shamus Young did a great review of it on his site)