Hello Games Working on No Man's Sky Patch to Address "Most Critical Issues"

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Hello Games Working on No Man's Sky Patch to Address "Most Critical Issues"

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1342/1342514.jpgNo Man's Sky is out on PC today, and Hello Games is working on a patch to address the "most critical issues," plaguing the game.

No Man's Sky launched on PS4 on Tuesday, and will be available on PC later today, but the launch hasn't exactly been flawless. In a new blog post on the game's official site [http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/issues/], game director Sean Murray says that the team is "tracking a number of issues, bugs and crashes that players are reporting, and working to resolve as soon as possible."

To that end, the company has brought on a new Quality Assurance (QA) team today. Murray says that this new QA team actually larger than the entire team at Hello Games, and that this team will be in addition to the existing QA team at Sony.

Meanwhile, the development team is working on a patch to address what Murray calls the "most critical issues," and this patch will be available "in the near future."

For those facing issues with the games, Murray recommends checking their website [http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Games-Services/bd-p/22190]. He also announces that the company will be moving to a tickets support system next week, and that they have hired someone specifically to manage it who will start Monday.

Murray also offers up some workarounds for known issues. They include:

If you believe you are stuck, or can't reach your ship, be aware you can jetpack forever whilst pushing against any surface
If you have made a mistake - you can revert to any of your two previous saves in the Options Menu
If you have left your ship somewhere inaccessible, you will be able to summon it from landing pads or beacons found at most buildings or points of interest (marked by question marks)

A couple of other fixes were mentioned directly. If you haven't received a pre-order bonus owed to you, Murray says that, "In most cases so far, the player has either not redeemed their bonus correctly from the PS store or from the Options Menu. Also sometimes players have received the bonus, but the name displayed in-game was incorrect. The Alpha Vector ship is named Domanish S84 in-game, and (in the US) the Rezosu AZ65 is named Final Shadow XIV in game."

If you're one of those folks who sold off your pre-order ship only to find yourself without a hyperdrive, Murray writes that the game should direct you to a nearby NPC that will provide the hyperdrive you need. If this doesn't resolve the issue, he says that, "Some other players were able to resolve this issue by restarting their console."

The upcoming will address a number of these issues, and Murray says that it will include crash fixes as well. He also encourages users who are facing problems to reach out to the company through its here [http://www.no-mans-sky.com/support/].

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Oh look people. They've delayed the game many times and it's still broken. Where is your common logic now?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
mad825 said:
Oh look people. They've delayed the game many times and it's still broken. Where is your common logic now?
It's not that broken. It has issues, but it's no Obsidian game or anything. The logic still holds by the way. It'd probably be even more broken if they didn't delay it. But pretty much every software product launches with issues. If anything this is another example of the risks of early adoption.

Anyway, it's obvious that this game is Hello Games' child. They love it and care for it. Were they naive in underestimating the scale of the launch? That's fair to say. Is their communication adequate? Not really, if you ask me it's clear that Sean Murray isn't used to being in the spotlight as much as he was.

Personally I'm waiting to see what's going to happen with the PC launch today. I expect...imperfections, but despite of that I think I'm going to jump in. But at least I know what to expect.

UnderevolvedPrimape

Dec 17, 2010
Minor typo in the opening paragraph. 'blog post no the game's' should read 'blog post on the game's'.

OT: I guess its good to see they're working on it at least, although I wonder what their plans are for the future of the game considering how long it took to get out in the first place!

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
I've had a bunch of crashes on the PS4 version, but other than that I haven't had any issues so hopefully that gets some attention. Really sucks about that preorder ship screwing over some people, cause getting those extra inventory slots early seems to be super helpful, and super hard to resist.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
It's not that broken. It has issues, but it's no Obsidian game or anything. The logic still holds by the way. It'd probably be even more broken if they didn't delay it. But pretty much every software product launches with issues. If anything this is another example of the risks of early adoption.

Anyway, it's obvious that this game is Hello Games' child. They love it and care for it. Were they naive in underestimating the scale of the launch? That's fair to say. Is their communication adequate? Not really, if you ask me it's clear that Sean Murray isn't used to being in the spotlight as much as he was.

Personally I'm waiting to see what's going to happen with the PC launch today. I expect...imperfections, but despite of that I think I'm going to jump in. But at least I know what to expect.
So let's try and rationalise your argument, your defence. They knowingly and willingly released a product with known "issues" yet they delayed the PC version for 21:9 support.

How do you consider this to be ethical?

Obbi

May 7, 2008
And now that the PC version is out, it's in an even worse state than the PS4 one! That's a shame, it's hard to recover from a bad PC Launch on STEAM.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
mad825 said:
So let's try and rationalise your argument, your defence. They knowingly and willingly released a product with known "issues" yet they delayed the PC version for 21:9 support.

How do you consider this to be ethical?
What? I wasn't talking about the PC version, just the PS4 one which seemed to work pretty well.

That said, as of now the PC version has launched and is confirmed to be broken all to hell. That is unforgivable. I'm holding off on buying this until they fix shit, I'm not going to risk it for the small chance of being someone who can run this well.

littlebunnyfuufuu

Oct 21, 2015
Umm

Arent you supposed to get a QA team Before your game launches?

(And why dont have a forum link on the front page anymore?)

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
So, they mean the game not fucking working at all for an assload of people on PC, along with the terrible framerates on high-end hardware, right?

Jesus christ guys, what the fuck are you doing?

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
littlebunnyfuufuu said:
Umm

Arent you supposed to get a QA team Before your game launches?
This is true for the 90's and early 00's, but digital distribution eliminated that requirement since, and now everyone's a QA tester, a feature you get for paying full price.

junkmanuk

Apr 7, 2009
Works fine for me. Probably because I don't treat my PC like shit and keep it updated. Still people will always whine.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
PC fully updated, i7 4790k, 16gb ram, 970 GTX, more than enough space on HDD. Preordered the game, downloaded it, started playing it...framerate all over the place, went to graphic options, changed the frame rate from 30 fps to max, game worked fine 5 minutes, then framerates dropped to 10 fps. I took my ship of the planet and went to a nearby one, and the ship got stuck in the atmosphere, I could not go low enough to land... finally got it to land, the framerates where again all over the place..... for 60 USD, honestly I feel robbed. I asked for a refund.

junkmanuk said:
Works fine for me. Probably because I don't treat my PC like shit and keep it updated. Still people will always whine.
Explain to me then how is it possible that I can run the new Doom without any issues, or the new Batman game from telltale, heck even We Happy few (a game on alpha, mind you)

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I got it on PS4 yesterday, and so far have been exploring (Ruby Prime, Farseer system) for hours. Its a "baked" planet so there is like no water to be found so continents aren't a thing really. I gave up ever trying to find out the area I started in, I just look for monoliths and knowledge stones and the occasional suit upgrade.

I'm becoming a friend to the Vy'kring or whoever, and redeemed my Alpha Vector ship in game easily. Its called by that other name though, but I figured it was just randomly assigned or else everyone's Alpha Vector would be called Alpha Vector which seemed unlikely to me.

So far the only issues I have with it are that I have found to flying animals that I can't seem to scan at all, and they are like the last 2 lifeforms to scan on the planet so...what do?

Also I have zero idea what the colored arcs/circles represent on the icons on the right when I look at my ship or multitool. I assume they are related to the damage etc. of the combined mods I have installed but I have no idea if my mining beam or boltcaster does more damage and same for phase beam and plasma cannon.

I haven't left the planet yet so I haven't blasted anything with the ship weapons, but I do think that my mining beam modded for added damage and terrain destruction still can't out damage a vanilla boltcaster with added reload speed and larger clip on the lil sentinel jerks.

And my boltcaster seems to be inferior to melee on the one aggressive tentacle spider thing on the planet. I can blast ti with weapons for a good 30 seconds and it eventually dies or I can smack it 2 or 3 times to get its iron carapace..

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
I understand that the game does not have multiplayer capability as of like a week ago. Can somebody playing the game here confirm this? (EDIT: NEVER MIND. CONFIRMED IS NOT THERE.) This seems like a huge deal breaker for a lot of people. And I have to imagine many pre-order were based on having this functionality.

30 Years ago, an excellent procedurally-built space game came out that was pretty amazing. Three actual years to develop, it was published by Electronic Arts when everybody loved them. Anybody else here remember playing Starflight? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starflight If it had compatibility issues, nobody knew because the internet wasn't readily available to anybody. Nexus:1990 Mosaic:1993

Time to focus attention back on Star Citizen. Has The Escapist even gotten a reporter into Chris Roberts' Cloud Imperium Headquarters? I'd like a better picture of that <link=http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/general-discussions/#post-3140>rumored <link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8C0hh1NcSo>$20k door.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
I've seen soem framerate drops and stuttering but only every few hours or so. Seems like some tweaks need to be made to get it working on all platforms. Such is life with PC gaming. My experience so far is that it's less broken than about 70% of the rest of the steam games I've played.

AJvsRonin

Nov 11, 2010
For crying out loud, even Half Life 2 launched badly but now it's a darling of the community. It sucks but it happens.

And Sean Murray went on the record so many times saying not to go into this game treating it like multiplayer. "If you want to run around on a planet with friends play Destiny." People who bought this game solely to run together have nobody to blame but themselves.

I suspect there was supposed to be something that happened when people found each other but the sheer overload has caused it to bug out as it seems strange he'd suggest something was there as a lie.But that's just a hunch and I have no more evidence for it than the people claiming Sean boldface lied, it's a coin toss at this point.

I'm easily 25 hours into this game and I'm freaking loving it, but it's a more niche game for people like me than the mainstream hype it got. I kinda blame Sony for that, it should never have been a major console flag ship product, it's not a popularist game genre.

SergejH

Jan 22, 2009
I still dont get it. Why people are so eager to play it right away after waiting so long, when they already announced week ago patch, that will rebalance a ton of things, add quests and reshape galaxy, but you must delete save... Cant they wait until monday???