Help a couple of gamers out

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
I wasn't sure if this thread should be in gaming discussion or not, but thats literally all my question is about

Anyway, Me and one of my least smelly friends have game nights like three times a week now that college is over
but the thing is, because of how regularly we get together we've quickly run out of good co-op games
we play both campaigns as well as just multiplayer

so my question is this:
What locally co-op games would you heartily recommend?

the list i already own is as follows:
Gears of war 1 and 2
Left 4 dead 1 and 2
fifa series
Tekken series
COD series
PGR series

thanks in advance guys and gals

Grope-Horse

Aug 21, 2010
I think you should buy the one where that rabbit kills that duck, i can't remember the name of it but you should definitely check it out, either that or just get a single player game and make him/her watch while you play it, preferably saying things at the same time such as "I am having so much fun right now!" etc etc.....
Hope this helps
yours sincerely, the guy who you are sat next to right now....p.s can you refil my coke please?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
If your local games extends to system link, I'd suggest the Crackdown games.
If just on one xbox 360 (Which I assume from some of the games listed), then I'd recommend Burnout.
Latest one is Burnout: Paradise. Never played it, but I did play Burnout: Revenge, which was a lot of fun, singleplayer and co-op/splitscreen.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
supermariner said:
I wasn't sure if this thread should be in gaming discussion or not, but thats literally all my question is about

Anyway, Me and one of my least smelly friends have game nights like three times a week now that college is over
but the thing is, because of how regularly we get together we've quickly run out of good co-op games

so my question is this:

Gears of war 1 and 2
Left 4 dead 1 and 2
fifa series
Tekken series
COD series
PGR series

...where's Halo? Are you kidding me? One of the best shooter franchises of the last decade and it's not in your co-op games list? Get the first one, play through them in order (because seriously, when people start in on the third one and complain about how the story made no sense or was otherwise not good, I facepalm hard), and enjoy. Starting in Halo 3 they have four-play co-op too. Play them. Great gameplay, great sci-fi war story, and great multiplayer (just use Reach for that; it's definitely the best multiplayer of the series).

Also, Castle Crashers on the Xbox Live Arcade. That game is just awesomely mindless fun. :D

Doctor Gonzo

Jun 22, 2011
Portal 2 has local multi, does it not?

Of course, you could always just play all of the old classics; Smash Bros., Goldeneye, etc.

Nichael Bluth

Jun 26, 2011
Portal 2 Co-op is genius.
L4D2 is always a blast.
MW2's Co-op was actually really fun. Seriously underrated.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
If you've enjoyed Tekken, then I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Soul Calibur series (Soul Calibur 4 if on the 360).

It's basically Tekken, only with an entirely new roster, no autoblocking, a far more extensive character creation, and melee weapon move sets up the wazoo. Scythes, katanas, daggers, rapiers, morning stars, it's all there.

Should be dirt cheap by now too.

Kaytastrophe

Jun 7, 2010
splinter cell conviction is a really good split coop that the girlfriend and I enjoy. Little Big Planet is an obvious one. There is killzone 3 but i haven't played it yet. Portal 2 was also a good one. Rainbow six would alsobe good.

epicman2010

Nov 25, 2009
Portal 2
Zombies ate my neighbors
Contra
Final Fight
Street Fighter
Minecraft
Lafa Croft and the guardian of light
Little Big Planet
Castle Crashers
Mortal Kombat

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Most recent games are poor when it comes to local multiplayer (Read: None at all).

Let's see, I would recommend L4D and CoD but you already have those. Hmmm... Also it looks like you're using a 360.

Resident Evil 5 (Up to two players, unless Mercenaries can be local, I'm not sure)
Halo games
Dead Rising 2? (I'm not sure if this has the option of being local.)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (or Conviction.)

Ummm...I think F.E.A.R. 3 can be local? Maybe Hunted? Either way, I'm out of suggestion. Such a horribly short list makes me wish developers focused on online multiplayer a bit less. I'd much rather play with friends/siblings than with some people halfway around the world cussing me out, insulting me/my mother or hitting on me/accusing me of being terrible because of my gender at the drop of a hat.

Grope-Horse

Aug 21, 2010
We've completed Portal 2, which was fun/frustrating
Soul Calibur sounds good
Can't believe we forgot Halo....
We don't particularly play Racing/Sports games
Done LBP and L4D 1&2 & MW2 to death

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Imperator_DK said:
If you've enjoyed Tekken, then I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Soul Calibur series (Soul Calibur 4 if on the 360).

It's basically Tekken, only with an entirely new roster, no autoblocking, a far more extensive character creation, and melee weapon move sets up the wazoo. Scythes, katanas, daggers, rapiers, morning stars, it's all there.

Should be dirt cheap by now too.
I would say any fighting game really if they enjoy Tekken.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Greyfox105 said:
If your local games extends to system link, I'd suggest the Crackdown games.
If just on one xbox 360 (Which I assume from some of the games listed), then I'd recommend Burnout.
Latest one is Burnout: Paradise. Never played it, but I did play Burnout: Revenge, which was a lot of fun, singleplayer and co-op/splitscreen.
Burnout Revenge is one of the greatest games ever made. Paradise was a huge letdown by comparison. Also, I think it only has online multiplayer.
OP-Definitely get Burnout Revenge.
I miss crash junctions.

You also need Borderlands GOTY. I?ve been playing it with a friend on game nights for over a year. After finishing with one character he wanted to start again with a different one. A great value.
If you have a ps3, Warhawk is also a good choice.

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
Thaius said:
supermariner said:

so my question is this:

Gears of war 1 and 2
Left 4 dead 1 and 2
fifa series
Tekken series
COD series
PGR series

...where's Halo? Are you kidding me? One of the best shooter franchises of the last decade and it's not in your co-op games list? Get the first one, play through them in order (because seriously, when people start in on the third one and complain about how the story made no sense or was otherwise not good, I facepalm hard), and enjoy. Starting in Halo 3 they have four-play co-op too. Play them. Great gameplay, great sci-fi war story, and great multiplayer (just use Reach for that; it's definitely the best multiplayer of the series).

Also, Castle Crashers on the Xbox Live Arcade. That game is just awesomely mindless fun. :D
What he said. The Halo games are great fun, and they all have split screen co-op for the campaign mode. The story is really good, and if you start from the first one, the entire series can keep you entertained for a long time. I also have to agree that Reach was the best multiplayer.