Help Make a Tesla Museum! **Updated**

Kordie

Oct 6, 2011
For Science! [http://theoatmeal.com/blog/tesla_museum]
There is an opportunity right now to help fund a museum for Nikola Tesla on the same grounds of his old laboratory. I don't know how familiar you are with the history of Tesla, but I encourage you to visit the link above if just to learn a bit more about this great man, and one of the geek founding fathers. Spread the word!

Donate Here [http://www.indiegogo.com/teslamuseum]

*edit* For discussion value, share some random tesla/electricity/sciencey facts!

A short history of Tesla;

** Update, The campaign has reached it's goal of 850k. With the matching donation from the state, that means it has raised enough money to purchase the property! One contributer that halped put us ovver the top is Joseph Sikorski, who donated one of the three $33,333 packs. He is also the director of FRAGMENTS FROM OLYMPUS-The Vision of Nikola Tesla.

Just a reminder, while this means they have raised enough for the property, they can always use more donations to help fund the actual construction and set-up.

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
I was already sold by the title. But where do I contribute to help fund this museum?

Kordie

Oct 6, 2011
Yassen said:
I was already sold by the title. But where do I contribute to help fund this museum?
It's at the bottom of that comic but I suppose it would help to put in a direct link... I'll edit that into the main post.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
The Jakeinator said:
If I can, I'll try to get a donation in though. Tesla sure as hell deserves a museum.
Indeed. Without him, how would the Soviets have defended their bases?

Kordie

Oct 6, 2011
SonicWaffle said:
The Jakeinator said:
If I can, I'll try to get a donation in though. Tesla sure as hell deserves a museum.
Heh, I was telling a buddy at work about him the other day, he thought the Tesla coil was an actual weapon used by the russians.

arc101

May 24, 2009
I love the man, his history and his brilliant mind. I will donate, because this museum needs to exist.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Renegade Shepard said:
SonicWaffle said:
The Jakeinator said:
Hey, you got some bullshit hanging off your lip there.
I...am not sure what you mean by this. Where's the bullshit?

arc101

May 24, 2009
Renegade Shepard said:
SonicWaffle said:
The Jakeinator said:
Go play Red Alert. It's a game. Tesla Coils are weapons.

SonicWaffle said:
But that tower appears to be destroying Soviet troops! What madness is this?!
My God, you're right! It must have been opposite day

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
arc101 said:
Renegade Shepard said:
SonicWaffle said:
The Jakeinator said:
Go play Red Alert. It's a game. Tesla Coils are weapons.

SonicWaffle said:
But that tower appears to be destroying Soviet troops! What madness is this?!
My God, you're right! It must have been opposite day
Or one of those sneaky bastard Engineers got to it. Never trust them. At least with the Spy, he had a fancy voice to placate you with.

Kordie

Oct 6, 2011
Update, The campaign has reached it's goal of 850k. With the matching donation from the state, that means it has raised enough money to purchase the property! One contributer that halped put us ovver the top is Joseph Sikorski, who donated one of the three $33,333 packs. He is also the director of FRAGMENTS FROM OLYMPUS-The Vision of Nikola Tesla.

Just a reminder, while this means they have raised enough for the property, they can always use more donations to help fund the actual construction and set-up.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
Snowbell said:
Kordie said:
For discussion value, share some random tesla/electricity/sciencey facts!

He lives on as a vampire
That show was so incredibly bad...It started off mediocre then took a left turn at crazytown.