Help me figure out the name of this board game?

EdwardOrchard

Jan 12, 2011
Hello, Im trying to track down a board game that I remember hearing about quite a while ago. Im asking here because Im pretty sure there was an Escapist article on it. If anybody can help, Id greatly appreciate it.
Im probably botching the details here, but involved some sort of doomsday horror scenario drawn at random. Your group starts off in its current location (in real life), and with you equipping yourselves with whatever items might be at hand (in real life), like a baseball bat in the corner of the room or some football shoulder pads in the closet. Then you try and survive. Thats all I remember...does that sound familiar to anybody?
Was it just a kickstarter perhaps? If so, did the game ever get made? Have you played it? Is it any good, worth tracking down?

Thanks again

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I believe this is what you were referring to?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137279-Play-As-Yourself-in-Fantasy-Flight-Games-End-of-the-World

I cannot answer any of the other questions at the end, aside from at least one of the scenario's seems to have been made.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
One is at the printers and another is "on the boat" which is FFG speak for printed and somewhere in the world but not their warehouse though that second one is a reprint and amazon lists it as available at least in the uk.
"on the boat" is a kind of quantum state and resists proper investigation.

As for the game, it's a fairly rules light roleplaying game, not a board game.

Easy to play, fun to write up characters and good for short adventures, one offs or even long term if your gamesmaster has the inspiration for a stretched out story.
I could imagine the sheen rubbing off a little after a while personally, but for a series of short adventures or a themed halloween session it strikes me as perfect.

Currently zombies EotW is available, all kinds of Zed are covered in the book from infected to the classic shambler.
Wrath of the gods, from Zeus to Quetzcoatl, to Odin to even big old squidface himself Cthulu, the god of your choice or gods return and unleash mythological (or mythos) related chaos in the world.
Alien invasion is at the printers.
Revolt of the Machines is still being written I guess.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/the-end-of-the-world/

Hope that helps.