Help me! Problems with Mass Effect 2 on Xbox 360

ahappycamper

Jul 13, 2009
Ok so here's the story; I bought Mass Effect 2 from Morrisons on sunday to play on my Xbox 360 250gig, i pop the first disc in, the xbox 360 is reading it but does not detect anything (it only comes up with the option to reopen the tray. So I went back to Morrisons and got a different copy but I end up with the same problem. This time though I've tried the second disc, installed it and played that, it prompted me to insert disc one, which I did, but then I got a disc read error. So for some reason I now have got back to the dashboard and the console is recognising it, so now I am installing the first disc, and hopefully all will be well.

My other games: Fable: Lost Chapters, Prototype and Fable 2 all work fine.

Any Idea what's going on?

Apr 28, 2008
This happens to me with Halo 3.

Try starting the console with the disk already in the tray. If that fails keep opening/closing it until it shows up. Thats what I do and after a while it starts working.

bitzi61

Jan 28, 2009
Agreed with Voor. I say take it back, get cash or another copy.
Rinse and repeat until it works.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Was there an update needed to play the game that you're not able to download for some reason?

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Assassin's Creed II was doing this to me. It seems some discs are not balanced for the spinning to start. Do you have your 360 vertical or horizontal? I found that putting my vertical helped. Also, check the disc to see if they have put any stickers or anything on them. Some stores will do that.

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
You have to keep opening and closing the disk tray, eventually it will work.

It's not the game, it's your Xbox that is faulty