Help me with my Intro

conzan

Apr 16, 2010
I would like some feedback on the intro to this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MccriL6H6M
only the intro I am interested in feedback for. I want to know if its too long and if the music fits with it, also I would like to know anyways I could improve it.
Its very basic but chances are I will use the same sort of intro for every single one of my videos from now on so let me know what you think.

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
I think it's a bit too long, and the letters going back and forth are kind of giving me a headache. Doing it once before they're in place, sure, but no reason to keep them moving. You don't need to have stuff moving during the whole intro, especially if it's just the same thing over and over again.

So I would say, have it a bit shorter, and don't have the letter move after they arrive on the screen and take their position. If you want to have more stuff on the screen so it's less annoying, add "with (your name)" or "by (your name)" or something.
Also, the quote at the beginning, is it me or is there a swear in it?

Limecake

May 18, 2011
the first thing I notice is it is quite long, ~20 something seconds for an intro with just the name of the video is a little too much. The general rule when making any kind of introduction is say what you need to say and then get back to the 'meat' of the content.

Remember that your intro sets-up your play through, it puts your viewer in the mindset of your video. Try to capture the basic 'feeling' of your videos and translate that into your intro. Let's say your videos focus on comedy, try incorporating some funny moments from the show or maybe play up some of your funnier friends in the intro.

play throughs on youtube are a dime a dozen. having an intro that stands above the rest will keep people watching.

conzan

Apr 16, 2010
thank everyone the next video i put up (i will update when its up) will have an intro that is much shorter and with a less moving parts just to see how you guys react to that. thanks for the advice guys keep it coming if you have something new to say

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
No way too wild. It's all over the place, very annoying, and repetetive. You could use that effect for a second at most.

conzan

Apr 16, 2010
rutger5000 said:
No way too wild. It's all over the place, very annoying, and repetetive. You could use that effect for a second at most.
ok then (which effect music or video?) and could you let me know what I should do instead maybe a suggestion in music type.
also the new intro will be much sorter and will only have gameplay (i.e shows loads of deaths from many games then cuts to the video title)

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
conzan said:
rutger5000 said:
ok then (which effect music or video?) and could you let me know what I should do instead maybe a suggestion in music type.
also the new intro will be much sorter and will only have gameplay (i.e shows loads of deaths from many games then cuts to the video title)
Both, but it is acceptable when the music is too wild. The image could cause a seizure.