Help needed!!!

[email protected]

Aug 20, 2008
Hi there, I am just an average guy here...but I want something more......

Having a lot of problems in life at the moment....

No job.
Failed college and can't retake or get back in.
No talents to speak of.
No money.
No IRL friends.
Always bored.

I need help quick...
Any ideas on how to improve my life??

EDIT: I live in a small town with little social events and not many decent people.....

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Clusterfuck ceases to be able to define this situation...

That said heres an idea. Get a job, Make money, Move away to the city and get an apartment.

[email protected]

Aug 20, 2008
In other words I have one fucked up life?

Also I have been looking for jobs since new year and I have not even had a phone to call or letter to even reject me.. I just lay forgotten.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
[email protected] post=18.69486.661163 said:

Also I have been looking for jobs since new year and I have not even had a phone to call or letter to even reject me.. I just lay forgotten.
Damn..I know getting through the interview is hard but theres pointers in that. If you can't even get to the interview theres very little help I can say.

[email protected]

Aug 20, 2008
Bulletinmybrain post=18.69486.661171 said:
[email protected] post=18.69486.661163 said:

Damn..I know getting through the interview is hard but theres pointers in that. If you can't even get to the interview theres very little help I can say.

How about some words of encouragement and a friend :D

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
There are two ways you can do this:

1. One is to get out more, and get a job, even if you hate it. Then you can retake exams, with the money you've made. (or is it different in the US?)

2. Or you can take the easy way out [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.69465#660407]

I kid, I kid.

[email protected]

Aug 20, 2008
HBrutusH post=18.69486.661180 said:
There are two ways you can do this:

1. One is to get out more, and get a job, even if you hate it. Of course you can retake exams, you just need some money first. (or is it different in the US?).

2. Or you can take the easy way out [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.69465#660407]
Read above posts...

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Wow, seriously, people post fast.

I'm truly sorry if I offended, but there must be a job somewhere for you, that doesn't need qualifications.

Eyclonus post=18.69486.661186 said:
Hmm, Have you tried professional Ebaying?
Yeah, someone managed to swap a paperclip for a house once, I heard. I don't know if it's true but I heard that.

[email protected]

Aug 20, 2008
HBrutusH post=18.69486.661189 said:
Wow, seriously, people post fast.

Sorry if I offended, but there must be a job somewhere for you, that doesn't need qualifications.
I have tried almost everywhere in my town..

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
[email protected] post=18.69486.661177 said:
BallPtPenTheif post=18.69486.661168 said:
Do you have poor social skills?
Do you suffer from depression?
Do you suffer from social phobias?
Yes
Yes
A little
I used to have really bad social phobias. I used to pay my friends to order food for me at fast food restraunts.

Anyways, basically... socially speaking you are like an undercooked egg. You are just not socialized enough to "fit in". Yes, I know, screw what people think and be yourself... I feel the same way. However, in truth you are letting your fears of the perception of others get in the way of you being yourself.

I reccomend getting on a welfare plan with medical coverage. A therapist will have social excercises for you so you can develop proper people skills (knowing what presence you give, reading body language, etc.)

Addittionally they can offer drugs for the short term in order to help ease you in (Zanex! YES!). Don't think of drugs as a solution, think of it more like putting your body and mind into SAFE MODE so you can properly work on things in a safe environment.

Ultimately, there is a certain level of social frivility that you need to learn and master in order to effectively influence and work with other people... without that, you might be coming of as some kind of deviant closet case. I had this issue, my little brother currently is dealing with it.... it's common.

But definitely get a therapist.

joswie

Aug 23, 2008
Sorry I can't be more help, but I need a bit more info. Relatives, current living situation, whether or not night school is an option, etc.

[email protected]

Aug 20, 2008
joswie post=18.69486.661202 said:
Sorry I can't be more help, but I need a bit more info. Relatives, current living situation, whether or not night school is an option, etc.
I live at home with parents right now.

Night school is not an option as it costs money and I have none.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
[email protected] post=18.69486.661201 said:
I have arranged to see a therapist..but their is a long ass waiting list...
If you're in the UK, you should be able to get a qualification through the open University, if you have a TV and a Computer, as far as I know, you can do it by yourself.

A29inchbeefstick

Aug 24, 2008
[email protected] post=18.69486.661150 said:
Hi there, I am just an average guy here...but I want something more......

Having a lot of problems in life at the moment....

No job.
Failed college and can't retake or get back in.
No talents to speak of.
No money.
No IRL friends.
Always bored.

I need help quick...
Any ideas on how to improve my life??

EDIT: I live in a small town with little social events and not many decent people.....
Well you sound like a guy who can get help by this one word INVEST.Seeing that the stock market its going down like a crack whore in your town filled with not "decent people".You will just have to work very hard at it.I suggest reading/learning/studying the stock market as much as possible and not only looking from a business but a consumer point of view,and invest in that company but remember to not put all your eggs in one baskets trust me i lost 1,000 USD in a day last month...=( but i made it back =P.