Help with an Airsoft Gun

Lt.Snuffles

Apr 12, 2010
I am thinking of buying a BB shotgun (a nice one at that) off my friend. Problem is however, it's a two tone gun that has been sprayed over. Does anyone know any ways in which I can remove the spray paint (or alternative ideas) back to it's original two tone colour? (the reason I would like this done is because the fine for spraying over the colour is in the thousands, a fine i would not like to pay)

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Do you mean like the gun is painted striped purple and pink,
or it's all a matte color with an orange tip on the barrel?

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
Lt.Snuffles said:
I am thinking of buying a BB shotgun (a nice one at that) off my friend. Problem is however, it's a two tone gun that has been sprayed over. Does anyone know any ways in which I can remove the spray paint (or alternative ideas) back to it's original two tone colour? (the reason I would like this done is because the fine for spraying over the colour is in the thousands, a fine i would not like to pay)
Paint stripper. Find out what type of paint went over the colour and use paint stripper to match. You may eat away at the two tone colour though.

Or sand/scape it off but again eating at the two colour.

What powers this gun and whats it's FPS?

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
So rather than buy the gun, buy whatever you use to remove the paint, risk the damage to the gun, and risk the thousadns of dollars in "Damages", just buy a new air soft gun.

1) youre friend is an idiot for trying to sell you something you can be fined for, even if you try to remove the paint

2) They aren't too expensive when you consider the alternatives?

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
ilovemyLunchbox said:
Wait, why is the fine for spraying over the color in the thousands?
Airsoft Guns need an orange tip to police can tell it's not lethal. Also so they can tell the gun is below 500 FPS.

Clirck said:
There is a fine for spaying over a BB gun somewhere?
Yes.

Red_Serpent

Nov 23, 2009
Well if your weapon is metal, try any sort of dissolvent like stoddard solvent(aka white spirit)or similar.

If its plastic try a piece of damp cloth and dissolvent, not wet mind you else the plastic will corrode. Some say a good cleaning product might also do the trick depending on the paint that was used to spray it.

Hope this helps!

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Are we talking about the little orange bit? Because you could just re-paint it, if nothing else is working.

Virus0015

Dec 1, 2009
I am assuming you live in the UK, because the recent legislation has called for having a certain percentage of the gun coloured brightly (hence two-toned guns). You could simply paint over the existing layer, in accordance with legislation to make it legal. However I don't think it is worth the hassle. He has damaged the gun for all intents and purposes, buy a new one.

Sam17

Apr 20, 2010
Airsoft guns in the UK require the user to be over 18 and have a license, if you do NOT have a license but are over 18 then you can only buy a two-tone gun.

I'm not sure how you go about getting the license but you can get them off various Airsoft websites, as far as I know you need to have about 3 months experience playing in a controlled environment, once you have done this and recieved a license, you can then buy Airsoft guns without the two-tone colouring.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
Just... PAINT THE FING MUZZLE ORANGE!!!!

OR: you could just buy a real gun... the airsoft pos is gonna break in about a month anyway.

andreas3K

Feb 6, 2010
Move to Finland?

I live in Finland and I've never seen an orange tip on an airsoft gun. Around here they look exactly like real guns.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Lt.Snuffles said:
Or you could move to Spain.
These are what I bought here:

That's a BB gun you tell me that doesn't look real, cost 100 euro and its 400fps.
Straight over counter as well as these:

As for your question, buy a gun from somebody else.

Lt.Snuffles

Apr 12, 2010
Thanks guys, I will take your advice and not buy it. Also, to those suggesting I paint the barrel orange, the laws are different in the UK and you will need either a licence or have your gun two tone.

CACAVILLE

Aug 25, 2009
Lt.Snuffles said:
Thanks guys, I will take your advice and not buy it. Also, to those suggesting I paint the barrel orange, the laws are different in the UK and you will need either a licence or have your gun two tone.
if you want really good deals go to www.evike.com thats where lots of people go