Help with Red vs Blue

That Greek Guy

Jul 29, 2009
So i am not a big fan of rooster teeth's red vs blue series. I watched a few episodes a couple of years ago but didnt find them funny. So i didn't follow it. But yesterday i came across their season 9 trailer.
O.O
Did i mis something? When did red vs blue become an action-adventure cgi movie? I tried to find more videos on youtube with their cgi movies (I dont know what to call them but you get what im talking about) but no luck. Can some fill me in on why and how the series became like that?

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Um...I think the CGI came in around season 7 or 8, Though to understand a lot of what's going on in those seasons, you'd need to watch pretty much the entirety of the other seasons.

The how of the matter is they got someone on the team who can work with whatever program it is they use to make those sequences. Also, I'm pretty sure Rooster Teeth primarily put the new episodes on their website. I'll throw a link in this post if you want to check it out.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=3328&v=more

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Rooster Teeth became really popular, they gained followers, made a lot of money, expanded and now they are making more money which means they can produce more higher quality videos.

If I recall correctly, it began in Season 8, Revelation (the pre-rendered animations that is).

BlazeRaider

Dec 25, 2009
Well for a long time it was just heads bobbing up and down and comedy, but in the later seasons it became more action oriented and plot driven. It was initially just some guys making a machinima but as it got more popular they gained access to more tools to make stuff like that. That said the action scenes while nice every now and then are nowhere near the bulk of the series, and its still primarily talking bobbing heads and comedy. So while you may like the action sequences, and ya they are pretty (hella fucking balls-to-the-wall)awesome, if you didn't like RvB season 1 chances are you won't like the latest seasons either, even with the nice fight scenes.

Sindre1

Nov 8, 2008
Try watching the Recollection boxset (season 6-8).
I think season 6 is my favorite, even if it has no cgi awesomeness.
6-8 has great music, voice-acting and story.
Better than 1-5 in almost every way.

Never mind, 8 and 9 win best season, but 6 is still way up there.