Help with window 8 laptop.

Jinxzy

Jul 2, 2008
So my father got a new laptop and isn't very tech-savi. So I showed him a few things told him some do's and don'ts and let him go on his merry way. Then his laptop started to slow down so I took a look at it and noticed he was downloading a lot of things. I showed him how to remove application and to be careful on what he downloads.

About a week later I get a phone call from explaining to me that he needs help. So again I take a look at it and find out he uninstalled all his drivers. So I told him let me take a look again and see what I can do. So I started to install his drivers again and make sure everything works. Yet the problem I'm having is that when I installed his network drivers that his wireless network adapter stopped working.

Now I'm not amazing with computers but I know a few things. The problem I'm having is getting his network back up. It can't find the router anymore and it doesn't seem to wait to even use the wireless internet. I went to check to make sure air plain mode isn't on and that's not even showing up. It's like the wireless network adapter disappeared.

It's a Hp Envy m6 Notebook Pc running windows 8, everything is up to date

If anyone could help me that would be amazing, thank you <3

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Where did you get the drivers from? The CD that came with it, or online?

Is it possible to back up his data and use the system restore partition? I've found that laptops get real pissy when you remove drivers (Particularly if they used unified driver packs), and can be quite resistant to repair. The fastest way to fix any problem is to just roll back to the start.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
The one that always catches me it that some laptops have an on off switch for the wireless connection. Check its turned on. If that doesn't work go to device manager and remove the wireless device and then rescan for new hardware.

I would set your Dad up with a non administrator account so that the hardware side is at least safe

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
The fastest and easiest way is to [a href="http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03489643&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5336700&tool=#N113"]perform a system recovery[/a]. Just start from scratch.